Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    shar1990
    Northern Rock SAR
    • 15th May 12, 5:34 PM
    Northern Rock SAR 15th May 12 at 5:34 PM
    Hi all, I'm completely new to this so any help would be great!

I'm struggling with claiming PPI back for my dad on a Nothern Rock loan. I've been successful with other companies but this one is causing me some confusion.

My dad doesn't have any information on the loan since he destroyed everything when it was finished, which was around 3 years ago. So I sent a SAR along with the £10 and sent this to the main building in Newcastle (Northern Rock House, NE3 4PL).

My dad received a reply shortly after explaining that they were unable to trace any account details as there was no account number. This I couldn't understand because the reason I sent the SAR is obviously because I had no details to provide...

I've noticed this was sent from NRAM and in the letter it has reference to mortgage account numbers, which is not what I was enquiring about. This is not where I had intended it to go and it was a reply from a different address to where I had originally posted it to.

I'm totally confused on what to do next, I've searched the internet high and low and have had no success on finding answers.

I basically need to know where I need to send the SAR to (since I've seen loads of different addresses on different websites) and just out of curiosity in case I've got it wrong, who the £10 needs to be made payable to.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks alot
Page 1
    • amersall
    • By amersall 16th May 12, 9:14 PM
    • 16,610 Posts
    • 18,658 Thanks
    amersall
    • 16th May 12, 9:14 PM
    • 16th May 12, 9:14 PM
    It is NRAM that do the reclaims on loans and Mortgages, they are a part of NR, give NR a call and ask if they have the details as the loan is closed and would not have been passed to NRAM.
    This loan would have been repaid by DD get in touch with your dads bank or bank statements he may still have, if the DD payment is there, then the account number will be too.

• shar1990
    • 17th May 12, 12:27 PM
    • 17th May 12, 12:27 PM
    Okay, I have already checked DD on his bank account but it won't go back that far. This was checked on his online account. I will call them and see what they have to say and hopefully they will give some more info. Thanks for the reply.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 17th May 12, 1:22 PM
    • 16,610 Posts
    • 18,658 Thanks
    amersall
    • 17th May 12, 1:22 PM
    • 17th May 12, 1:22 PM
    You are welcome, good luck.

• HSBC PPI newby
    • 4th Jul 12, 8:32 PM
    • 4th Jul 12, 8:32 PM
    my aunt has finally agreed to make a claim for the ppi on her northern rock mortgage as she was told she could only accept their ppi cover or her mortgage would not be accepted. the mortgage and loans she had on the mortgage have been settled now when she sold her house.

she has lost her paperwork but has completed the sar form from this website, what address does she send the details to.

thanks

is it either of these?

NORTHERNROCK RISK MANAGEMENT,
    CREDIT SCORING,
    NORTHERN ROCK PLC,
    NORTHERN ROCK HOUSE,
    REGENT CENTRE,
    GOSFORTH,
    NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE,
    NE3 4PL

NORTHERN ROCK PLC
    SOLAR HOUSE,
    7 ADMIRAL WAY,
    DOXFORD PARK,
    SUNDERLAND,
    SR3 3XW
    • samlou79
    • By samlou79 13th Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    samlou79
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    Hi, Sorry I'm jumping in on this. I'm currently trying to reclaim PPI from Northern Rock. I contacted NRAM with as much information I could find, unfortunately I no longer have the account details and I've changed banks since then too, & no longer have old bank statement etc. However they have come back stating they cannot locate a valid account. Do I now need to send a SAR? If so where do I send it and who do I make it payable to? Also this was a joint mortgage with my ex husband, he is not bothered about receiving his statements etc but do I need to send £20 as it was a joint account or just £10 as all I want is the a/c number.
    Thanks
    • societys child
    • By societys child 13th Mar 17, 3:11 PM
    • 4,212 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    societys child
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:11 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:11 PM
    You've not 'jumped in on it', you've resurrected it, it goes back to May 2012

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 18,785 Posts
    • 8,959 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    However they have come back stating they cannot locate a valid account. Do I now need to send a SAR?
    Originally posted by samlou79
    The bank have said they cannot locate any accounts from the information you have given them. If you want to spend £10 you can send them a SAR to very likely receive confirmation of what they have already told you. Why do you only want the account number? You'll also need evidence of any PPI (if you had it)

You won't have to spend £20 on the SAR, but you will need your ex-husband to agree to the SAR as well as any complaint you might subsequently make.

Just send the SAR to the Bank and make the cheque out to them.
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 13-03-2017 at 7:29 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,706Posts Today

7,770Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: It's been everywhere, so why not here. Which Hogwart's house should you've been in (Ive put key traits to help)...

• Quick favour if uv graduated within around the last year. I could do with pic of a student loan statement (no personal info) inc interest

• RT @ValeOfLevenCU: Why not sign up to @MartinSLewis https://t.co/kxMBedCNNw weekly email for free, impartial tips? #ThriftyThursday http?

• Follow Martin