Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adindas
    • By adindas 12th May 12, 8:24 PM
    • 2,864Posts
    • 1,284Thanks
    adindas
    iam-sold.co.uK , Is it a serious online acution for properties ?
    • 12th May 12, 8:24 PM
    iam-sold.co.uK , Is it a serious online acution for properties ? 12th May 12 at 8:24 PM
    An estate agents introduce me about

http://www.iam-sold.co.uk/

Does anyone have any experience of using it or have knowledge about it ?

What I am interested is to find out.

Whether it is a serious and trustable auction place, where the people could buy a real property through an online auction.

Thnanks
Page 2
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 8th Aug 13, 2:04 PM
    • 19,741 Posts
    • 12,107 Thanks
    dacouch
    How do you think the OP found it in the first place? S/He is Googling every possible mention of the company and joined the forum for a first post to re-activate a 4 month old thread just to recommend them. Claiming to know someone who works there does not present a recommendation for their services anyway - I know several 2nd hand car salesman, but wouldn't buy a car off them!

Shouts spam all day in my book and I have hit the Spam button a couple of times but mods seem a bit slow today!

TBH, a very poor way to market a company - if they have to stoop so low as to seek out FREE advertising space by breaching forum rules here and trying to justify their apparent "recommendation", they must be cheapskate scammers out to make a quick buck by avoiding more costly and creditable advertising routes! Not a good look for what OP is claiming to be a "reputable" company ...
    Originally posted by Werdnal
    Ironic you pointing that out to him/her
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 8th Aug 13, 2:46 PM
    • 30,267 Posts
    • 35,820 Thanks
    Browntoa
    oh good, they have now ppr'd the new member
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Werdnal
    Daninthetoom is over here too:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3923873

resurrecting a 16 month old thread just to extoll the virtues of this company again ...

Newbie's don't dig up such old threads just for the sake of it, only one reason ... No other posts to their name other than promoting the same company!

What really insults me is they think we are all ignorant enough not to notice ...
  • Caliandris
    Avoid like the plague...
    I've been digging for information about this "modern auction" method of selling a house. Apparently, this is a way for house sellers to transfer the estate agent's fee from themselves to their buyer. But more than that, if their buyer happens to be in a chain, they have a high likelihood of losing their non-returnable fee (which doesn't even count against the purchase of the house and is around 5% of the purchase price) and losing the opportunity they have "bought" to exchange contracts within 28 days.

It seems to be in no-one's interest except dubious estate agents - I am looking and failing to find any advantages for either buyer or seller. I think this method would put off an awful lot of potential buyers, and could cost a buyer a lot of money too. It doesn't seem to protect the interests of anyone other than the estate agent.
  • buggsyjim
    re iam sold
    I have had some dealings with iam sold regarding the purchase of a property and i would strongly advise people to stay well clear of this company.
    I paid £6000 to secure a house and was then informed that the (deposit) i had paid did not go off the property but was retained by iam sold as their fee,they also (via the estate agent) told the seller that I attended the auction at the Etihad stadium and just got my bid in a the last minute,when in fact I was sat at my computer at home with my wife beside me, in contact with the auction company via telephone relaying my bid over the phone to them personally.
    As far as I am concerned they are a company to steer well clear of.
    If anyone could advise me on any course of action I may take to address this situation,Iwould be very much obliged.
    buggsyjim
  • Angrydad
    Do not use these people
    Due to unfortunate circumstances my ex wife and I used this company for a quick sale through our estate agent and although the price was already heavily reduced surprise surprise mere days after the get out clause elapsed we received an email suggesting our ridiculously low reserve wasn't low enough and that 'the viewers' had suggested the house wasn't worth the reserve (which was already a third less than the original asking price) The property didn't need any work doing and was modern. (I know people buy at auction to make a profit and expect a good deal but this is ridiculous) Do not trust these people to work in anybody's best interest but their own (as most of these companies do) These types of companies prey on what they think are weak and vulnerable sellers in trouble, thankfully we were not in that position and managed to sell it for a decent price. Should you use places like this DO NOT LET THEM SCARE YOU INTO LOWERING YOUR RESERVE PRICE
  • Racer52
    I have had some dealings with iam sold regarding the purchase of a property and i would strongly advise people to stay well clear of this company.
    I paid £6000 to secure a house and was then informed that the (deposit) i had paid did not go off the property but was retained by iam sold as their fee,they also (via the estate agent) told the seller that I attended the auction at the Etihad stadium and just got my bid in a the last minute,when in fact I was sat at my computer at home with my wife beside me, in contact with the auction company via telephone relaying my bid over the phone to them personally.
    As far as I am concerned they are a company to steer well clear of.
    If anyone could advise me on any course of action I may take to address this situation,Iwould be very much obliged.
    buggsyjim
    Originally posted by buggsyjim
    We were subject to similar and my first post can be found from following the 2nd link that was added on the 18th reply to this thread.
    The Property Ombudsmun were a complete waste of time and took up nearly a year fobbing us off so we decided to contact the sellers directly to find out what they were told and once armed with that information, because naturally they weren't told the whole truth, we expressed in writing our wish to take them to court and fortunately for us we had a call to agree a refund, after all they would spend a bit on court defence and the hassle factor and the fact that actually IMHO if this did go to court we would win.
    My main issue with the whole thing is that they benefit from the house sale falling through because they keep the £6k and then charge the new buyer another £6k so actually it is not in their interest to complete the sale.
    I have noticed though that since our issue their Terms and conditions are a lot clearer but I would still think this is your best option and they then seemed to be genuinely wishing to ensure as a prospective buyer there were no hard feelings.
    All the best with it and hope this helps but like I say the Ombudsman really were frustrating and not legally binding anyway so please don't put yourself through that on top of the stress you will already be under.
    Cheers
  • grixxles
    iam-sold (iam-sold co uk)
    I was seriously considering using iam-sold to buy a property.

I read the company's terms and conditions.

Immediately, I became concerned about the reservation fee, which is a fee of £6000 (minimum) that the buyer must pay. I could not see any right to get the money back, if a sale fell-through.

Note - the fee goes to the company, as sheer profit. It does not go towards the purchase price at all!!

Of course, a sale may not complete, for a myriad of reasons that are not the fault of the buyer.

So I emailed the company, asking it how a buyer can get a refund.

It failed to reply.

Presumably, therefore, once a buyer wins the bidding and pays the £6000+, they'll never see that money ever again, even if they get nothing in exchange for it!

So...... BEWARE!!!! Something smells VERY dodgy to me.
  • grixxles
    Non-refundable only after you have agreed to buy the property, this is to prevents time wasters. A good thing.
    Originally posted by daninthetoon

"Agreeing to buy" is not the same as "to buy".

Unless an exchange of contracts actually occurs, which is not guaranteed, the buyer gets absolutely nothing for his £6000. It simply goes to the auction's profits!

A sale may not reach a conclusion, for no fault of the buyer. In other words, the buyer has no control over wasting £6000, once its been handed-over.

In my opinion, a buyer would be nuts to use this auction!
  • dhep1
    No absolute rubbish, they had my property almost 3 months and no clock I might as well have just put it in an estate agents window, it costs £125 for the searches despite being told it was free and they want 21 days notice to leave or threatened with £300 bill.
    It did not sell despite dropping the price by £20k
    • diana11
    • By diana11 30th Mar 15, 8:34 PM
    • 526 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    diana11
    A friend of mine is having terrible trouble with this awful company. He now wants to take his property off and they have told him that he cannot unless he jumps through hoops. He has to contact them 21 days before the end of his contract which is on day 39 of the contract! How complicated is that? He also has to pay another £300 odd and he has just found out today that they have reduced the starting bid of his property by £5K without his permission.
    • steveha
    • By steveha 18th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    steveha
    I've just lost £7k to these thieving scum, they demand the "reservation fee" (non-refundable) before they will even send out the paperwork for your solicitor to look at.
    My buyer pulled out of my sale so I now have no funds to complete my purchase so that's my fee down the pan through no fault of mine
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

429Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter