Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
  • JENJEN2204
    I have written a letter to DFA car finance to request a PPi refund for a loan/finance deal I took out in March 2005 from them, car salesman told me I had to take PPi in order to get the finance - at 24 years old I didn't question him, how stupid of me ! ended up paying an extar £63pm for the next 4 years, crazy they could get away with it !

Letter sent to:
    Direct Auto Financial Services
    PO Box 1135
    Bradford
    BD1 9PU

Will keep you all posted !
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 20th Jul 15, 1:46 PM
    • 9,101 Posts
    • 5,584 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    I have written a letter to DFA car finance to request a PPi refund for a loan/finance deal I took out in March 2005 from them, car salesman told me I had to take PPi in order to get the finance
    Originally posted by JENJEN2204
    Then your complaint is against whoever the salesman worked for, which is probably not the lender.
    • Macang81
    • By Macang81 23rd Nov 17, 6:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Macang81
    Hope someone can help as Iíve jumped on an old thread.
    I wrote a PPI letter to Direct Auto Financial Services and provided a copy of the agreement. I know it was post regulations but worth a try but I got a letter back today asking a copy of a new signature on either passport or driving licence and utility bill for change of address as they say the details donít match their records.
    Iíve never had anyone this requested before and find it a bit strange?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 23rd Nov 17, 7:06 PM
    • 14,331 Posts
    • 15,095 Thanks
    zx81
    Iíve never had anyone this requested before and find it a bit strange?
    Originally posted by Macang81
    It's often requested and not a bit strange.
    • Markstarr
    • By Markstarr 28th Nov 17, 1:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Markstarr
    I was recently contacted by YCC under writers who I challenged unsuccessfully a few years back. There has been a successful Supreme Court challenge regarding commission paid to YCC sales. Therefore proof of miselling.

I contacted FCA as advised by the under writers and it seems you can now claim again because high commissions were not divulged thus breaking old legislation.

Iíve sent back a claim form to YCC and await any movement. Advisor on FCA said process should be straight forward due to the Supreme Court ruling.

Will advise of my progress.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 29th Nov 17, 10:32 AM
    • 18,870 Posts
    • 10,107 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Therefore proof of miselling.
    Originally posted by Markstarr
    Undisclosed commission is not proof of mis-selling the PPI.

Your Plevin complaint will therefore only net you a refund of any undisclosed commission over 50%.

Your original PPI complaint was rejected and will remain so I'm afraid.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 29th Nov 17, 10:57 AM
    • 4,891 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    societys child
    I luv reading thro' these old threads . . .

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter