Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • chanz4
    • By chanz4 5th May 12, 9:09 PM
    • 9,749 Posts
    • 2,830 Thanks
    chanz4
    • 5th May 12, 9:09 PM
    • 5th May 12, 9:09 PM
    normaly when you goto the checkout and select how you want delivered it has an option for buy now pay later.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
    • ineed
    • By ineed 5th May 12, 9:26 PM
    • 4,071 Posts
    • 11,845 Thanks
    ineed
    • 5th May 12, 9:26 PM
    • 5th May 12, 9:26 PM
    Hi, this is a common problem with littlewoods. Are you using a code you found on the site? Or from elsewhere? The BNPL code found on the site normally works, but sometimes it's a website glitch in which case a quick phone call and do the transaction on the phone fixes it (although I don't like doing that as using a code online is often 0% interest if you pay off before the BNPL ends but on the phone they use a code that adds some interest regardless of when you pay off the balance.)
  • JoshBee25
    • 6th May 12, 12:15 AM
    • 6th May 12, 12:15 AM
    Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only 100 it will be like 12 a month Bnpl will take it to around 200 is it worth it?
    • ineed
    • By ineed 6th May 12, 3:16 AM
    • 4,071 Posts
    • 11,845 Thanks
    ineed
    • 6th May 12, 3:16 AM
    • 6th May 12, 3:16 AM
    Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only 100 it will be like 12 a month Bnpl will take it to around 200 is it worth it?
    Originally posted by JoshBee25
    Not always; as I said Littlewoods often offer 0% on orders over 50 for 12 months online. Just make sure you pay off your balance in full before the BNPL ends. I often used to do this with my Littlewoods account (recently closed it) and I ended up with a 10,000 limit because I was a good customer to them, never defaulted and paid on time.

Still saying that Littlewoods do charge well over the odds for products anyway, 200 item on Amazon is 350 to 400 on Littlewoods and if you do get into their interest it's something like 37.9% APR. But with littlewoods you do get free delivery and returns, and catalogues are expected to be more expensive than any where else because its a convenience. And as I said, use 0% on BNPL and pay off in full before the term ends and your all set.
  • Littlewoods company representative
    • 6th May 12, 8:26 AM
    • 6th May 12, 8:26 AM
    Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at help@littlewoods.co.uk we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Rupert Bear
    • 6th May 12, 12:55 PM
    • 6th May 12, 12:55 PM
    Its only a rip off as you put it if you do not pay off the debt by the due date before interest charges start. I am very happy with my BNPL purchase and also the item was the cheapest on the internet.
  • Rupert Bear
    • 6th May 12, 12:57 PM
    • 6th May 12, 12:57 PM
    [QUOTE=Littlewoods company representative;52949349]Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at help@littlewoods.co.uk we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of 100.
  • Littlewoods company representative
    • 6th May 12, 2:12 PM
    • 6th May 12, 2:12 PM
    [QUOTE=Rupert Bear;52952619]
    Hi LolitaLove,

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of 100.
    Originally posted by Littlewoods company representative

Hi Rupert Bear,

It depends entirely on the way the account is run. Someone could have a really high credit limit but they may not have placed an order for a long time which can disable the BNPL eligibility. Another possibilty is that a recent missed payment may have put the account into slight arrears which may also have an impact on whether a customer can have BNPL or not.

On the other hand it may be nothing to do with the customers account. It could be that there may be an issue with our system which is causing the code not to work on an individual account.

Unfortunately it is impossible to say for sure without looking into the individual account.

Hope this helps

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Better_Off_1983
    • By Better_Off_1983 6th May 12, 6:42 PM
    • 380 Posts
    • 493 Thanks
    Better_Off_1983
    I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th May 12, 7:12 PM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.
    Originally posted by Better_Off_1983
    BNPL is sometimes excellent value. Take last year, for example: very.co.uk sent me a code offering BNPL and and a 20 credit to my account on a 50 spend.

I bought an external 1GByte hard drive from them, which was also quite good value at 59. Total cost 41.95, including 2.95 delivery.
    • Moneymash
    • By Moneymash 6th May 12, 7:26 PM
    • 501 Posts
    • 1,093 Thanks
    Moneymash
    I bought an external 1GByte hard drive from them, which was also quite good value at 59. Total cost 41.95, including 2.95 delivery. [/QUOTE]

Really?!
    • bbfc
    • By bbfc 6th May 12, 7:41 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    bbfc
    I have just bought some iBeats earphones from Very.co.uk. Got 20 off when I spent 50, so they cost me 59 instead of 79. The 20 was added to my account. I've had a few of these offers and always take them up.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th May 12, 8:19 PM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I have just bought some iBeats earphones from Very.co.uk. Got 20 off when I spent 50, so they cost me 59 instead of 79. The 20 was added to my account. I've had a few of these offers and always take them up.
    Originally posted by bbfc
    Yep, I think they aim these offers at customers who haven't spent with them for a while as a way to temp them back in to the fold.

So, there are advantages to having a very.co.uk account even if the 35%+ interest rate does appeal to you.
    • bbfc
    • By bbfc 6th May 12, 8:38 PM
    • 200 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    bbfc
    Yep, I think they aim these offers at customers who haven't spent with them for a while as a way to temp them back in to the fold.

So, there are advantages to having a very.co.uk account even if the 35%+ interest rate does appeal to you.
    Originally posted by SnowTiger
    I try to pay it off as quickly as I can. Plus they do the 'Take 3' offer where you can split the payment over three months, interest free.
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 6th May 12, 9:06 PM
    • 2,722 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    I try to pay it off as quickly as I can. Plus they do the 'Take 3' offer where you can split the payment over three months, interest free.
    Originally posted by bbfc
    And you can grab a little extra discount by going via TopCashBack.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

317Posts Today

1,095Users online

Martin's Twitter