Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > Littlewoods buy now pay later not working? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Littlewoods buy now pay later not working?
Closed Thread
Views: 14,731
# 1
LolitaLove
Old 05-05-2012, 8:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Littlewoods buy now pay later not working?

I've been trying to use the buy now pay later scheme, on littlewoods which is available on anything over 50. My credit limit is 5000, and my current balance is only 400. The item I'm trying to buy on BNPL is 100. When I apply the code it says invalid code, and there's no box to click for BNPL. Anyone know why this is?
# 2
chanz4
Old 05-05-2012, 9:09 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

normaly when you goto the checkout and select how you want delivered it has an option for buy now pay later.
Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
# 3
ineed
Old 05-05-2012, 9:26 PM

Hi, this is a common problem with littlewoods. Are you using a code you found on the site? Or from elsewhere? The BNPL code found on the site normally works, but sometimes it's a website glitch in which case a quick phone call and do the transaction on the phone fixes it (although I don't like doing that as using a code online is often 0% interest if you pay off before the BNPL ends but on the phone they use a code that adds some interest regardless of when you pay off the balance.)
The Following User Says Thank You to ineed For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
JoshBee25
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only 100 it will be like 12 a month Bnpl will take it to around 200 is it worth it?
# 5
ineed
Old 06-05-2012, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBee25 View Post
Bnpl is a rip of, if it's only 100 it will be like 12 a month Bnpl will take it to around 200 is it worth it?
Not always; as I said Littlewoods often offer 0% on orders over 50 for 12 months online. Just make sure you pay off your balance in full before the BNPL ends. I often used to do this with my Littlewoods account (recently closed it) and I ended up with a 10,000 limit because I was a good customer to them, never defaulted and paid on time.

Still saying that Littlewoods do charge well over the odds for products anyway, 200 item on Amazon is 350 to 400 on Littlewoods and if you do get into their interest it's something like 37.9% APR. But with littlewoods you do get free delivery and returns, and catalogues are expected to be more expensive than any where else because its a convenience. And as I said, use 0% on BNPL and pay off in full before the term ends and your all set.
# 6
Littlewoods company representative
Old 06-05-2012, 8:26 AM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Convert

Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at help@littlewoods.co.uk we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
The Following User Says Thank You to Littlewoods company representative For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Rupert Bear
Old 06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Its only a rip off as you put it if you do not pay off the debt by the due date before interest charges start. I am very happy with my BNPL purchase and also the item was the cheapest on the internet.
# 8
Rupert Bear
Old 06-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

[QUOTE=Littlewoods company representative;52949349]Hi LolitaLove,

Our BNPL option is not available to all of our customers. Issues such as how long you've had your account, credit limit, spending history, administration charges or arrears on the account can jeopardise whether you are accepted for BNPL or not.

If you'd like to email your details to us at help@littlewoods.co.uk we can look into this for you and let you know if you're eligible for this offer or not.

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of 100.
# 9
Littlewoods company representative
Old 06-05-2012, 2:12 PM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Convert

[QUOTE=Rupert Bear;52952619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlewoods company representative View Post
Hi LolitaLove,

Many Thanks

Chris

So you will allow someone to have a very high credit limit but it may still not qualify that person to a BNPL item of 100.

Hi Rupert Bear,

It depends entirely on the way the account is run. Someone could have a really high credit limit but they may not have placed an order for a long time which can disable the BNPL eligibility. Another possibilty is that a recent missed payment may have put the account into slight arrears which may also have an impact on whether a customer can have BNPL or not.

On the other hand it may be nothing to do with the customers account. It could be that there may be an issue with our system which is causing the code not to work on an individual account.

Unfortunately it is impossible to say for sure without looking into the individual account.

Hope this helps

Chris

Littlewoods Network Team
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlewoods company representative For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Better_Off_1983
Old 06-05-2012, 6:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile

Quote:
I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Better_Off_1983 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
SnowTiger
Old 06-05-2012, 7:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Off_1983 View Post
I use BNPL and pay off the items before the interest kicks in.
BNPL is sometimes excellent value. Take last year, for example: very.co.uk sent me a code offering BNPL and and a 20 credit to my account on a 50 spend.

I bought an external 1GByte hard drive from them, which was also quite good value at 59. Total cost 41.95, including 2.95 delivery.
# 12
Moneymash
Old 06-05-2012, 7:26 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I bought an external 1GByte hard drive from them, which was also quite good value at 59. Total cost 41.95, including 2.95 delivery. [/QUOTE]

Really?!
# 13
bbfc
Old 06-05-2012, 7:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have just bought some iBeats earphones from Very.co.uk. Got 20 off when I spent 50, so they cost me 59 instead of 79. The 20 was added to my account. I've had a few of these offers and always take them up.
# 14
SnowTiger
Old 06-05-2012, 8:19 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
I have just bought some iBeats earphones from Very.co.uk. Got 20 off when I spent 50, so they cost me 59 instead of 79. The 20 was added to my account. I've had a few of these offers and always take them up.
Yep, I think they aim these offers at customers who haven't spent with them for a while as a way to temp them back in to the fold.

So, there are advantages to having a very.co.uk account even if the 35%+ interest rate does appeal to you.
# 15
bbfc
Old 06-05-2012, 8:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTiger View Post
Yep, I think they aim these offers at customers who haven't spent with them for a while as a way to temp them back in to the fold.

So, there are advantages to having a very.co.uk account even if the 35%+ interest rate does appeal to you.
I try to pay it off as quickly as I can. Plus they do the 'Take 3' offer where you can split the payment over three months, interest free.
# 16
SnowTiger
Old 06-05-2012, 9:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
I try to pay it off as quickly as I can. Plus they do the 'Take 3' offer where you can split the payment over three months, interest free.
And you can grab a little extra discount by going via TopCashBack.
Closed Thread