Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges > Claim your catalogue and store card charges and p... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Claim your catalogue and store card charges and ppi back
Views: 37,610
# 1
cazcoo
Old 26-04-2012, 11:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Claim your catalogue and store card charges and ppi back

Recently i wrote on here i had been successful in claiming back charges from store cards new look and creation that was the adams card also mothercare card i am now claiming back from very- littlewoods= isme= next and the argos card i will keep you updated as to how far i will get with them also got my ppi back from creation so if in doubt folks check all the catalogues
or store cards you have had in the past ....
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Mugpops
Old 19-05-2012, 10:59 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazcoo View Post
Recently i wrote on here i had been successful in claiming back charges from store cards new look and creation that was the adams card also mothercare card i am now claiming back from very- littlewoods= isme= next and the argos card i will keep you updated as to how far i will get with them also got my ppi back from creation so if in doubt folks check all the catalogues
Hi! I am about to do this with my Dorothy Perkins and Topshop accounts to Santander Have just sent off the request for data letter so I can find out exactly how much they owe. Although, I wanted to ask some help - seeing as you've been successful at this - where can I find the most up-to-date template letter I can use to send to them? I have two; one I forget where I got it from now and another one found this morning from the BBC website back from 2006 (which is very different and long-winded citing cases)! Any help much appreciated
# 3
Premier
Old 19-05-2012, 1:59 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugpops View Post
Hi! I am about to do this with my Dorothy Perkins and Topshop accounts to Santander Have just sent off the request for data letter so I can find out exactly how much they owe. Although, I wanted to ask some help - seeing as you've been successful at this - where can I find the most up-to-date template letter I can use to send to them? I have two; one I forget where I got it from now and another one found this morning from the BBC website back from 2006 (which is very different and long-winded citing cases)! Any help much appreciated
Use the template letter provided in the MSE guide to reclaiming credit card charges, and modify as necessary.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...t-card-charges
"Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Premier For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Mugpops
Old 21-05-2012, 11:11 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

[QUOTE=Premier;53229729]Use the template letter provided in the MSE guide to reclaiming credit card charges, and modify as necessary.

Thanks!
One more question, what are people doing with store card charge claims; are you claiming the difference for older charges, the full charge amount, or the whole lot with interest?! Just wanted to know what's the best success rate with the different options so I know what's most sensible when I write to them.
Again, many thanks for any info
# 5
Premier
Old 21-05-2012, 3:59 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
Use the template letter provided in the MSE guide to reclaiming credit card charges, and modify as necessary.
Thanks!
One more question, what are people doing with store card charge claims; are you claiming the difference for older charges, the full charge amount, or the whole lot with interest?! Just wanted to know what's the best success rate with the different options so I know what's most sensible when I write to them.
Again, many thanks for any info
Again, follow the advice given in that article.

Many varying success stories can be found in the sticky thread above.
"Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
The Following User Says Thank You to Premier For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Mugpops
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I'm getting there...

I have finally received the information requested (had to go down the ICO route to get it) and it's incomplete. There's a sheet missing from 2010/11 so when I receive that back I will have the full picture! However, I wanted to ask you my charges are from 2008-present and are all the 12s. Am I still legally entitled to claim this back? I'm just not so sure about this now after downloading the letter re. asking for money back with interest etc, what's written therein is making me think I might not be entitled to the 12s charges as this is the legal limit? Am I right/wrong. I'll will be writing anyway (- what the hell!) but I just wanted to get some advice on where I actually stand in my circumstances. Any help much appreciated, you seem to know loads about it, so thanks in advance - MP
# 7
Wywth
Old 11-07-2012, 1:40 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
I have finally received the information requested (had to go down the ICO route to get it) and it's incomplete. There's a sheet missing from 2010/11 so when I receive that back I will have the full picture! However, I wanted to ask you my charges are from 2008-present and are all the 12s. Am I still legally entitled to claim this back? I'm just not so sure about this now after downloading the letter re. asking for money back with interest etc, what's written therein is making me think I might not be entitled to the 12s charges as this is the legal limit? Am I right/wrong. I'll will be writing anyway (- what the hell!) but I just wanted to get some advice on where I actually stand in my circumstances. Any help much appreciated, you seem to know loads about it, so thanks in advance - MP
Claim it all back, you know you want to.

The worst they can do is refuse.
# 8
stapesmk1
Old 12-07-2012, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi all. Sent my 1st letters last week for 1X Capital One credit card and 4 different online catalogues. Freemans have responded with a letter saying that

"I would point out that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, Section 78 (3), we are not required to send you copy agreements when these relate to agreements (accounts) for which no money is payable". They kindly sent back my 1 cheque,

I have recently cleared my balances with all 4 online accounts and my credit card. Is the "no money payable" in reference to having a zero balance? If so, can they do this? Should I order something small so there is money payable on them all? If not then are they able to dismiss me so easily?

Whats my next move? Much appreciation in advance.
# 9
Mugpops
Old 13-07-2012, 12:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

That sounds like Bull to me: with my accounts (x3), one is closed and the other two are zero balances and I got the info I wanted, although I had to put my case to the Information Commission first to force them to! However, this only took just over a week to get a result and was really straightforward. I'd contact the Information Commissioner's Office and just ask them to check if this is correct, it's an 0303 number I think... I phoned it the other day and got through quickly and they were really helpful... Good luck
# 10
nics1309
Old 24-08-2012, 5:32 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just tried and failed with my dp storecard thats had ppi on it since 1995!!!!!
Pushy in store assistants throwing these cards at 18year old skint students working for peanuts, when they tell you "get our store card and pay nothing today aswell as 20% discount" i practicaly bit her hand off for it lol. Nowt was mentioned or explained about the insurance i didnt even fill the form in only my address then signed it. Santander have said im entitled to nothing because ive had numerous chances to cancel it and didnt.

Ombudsman, here i come!
# 11
annieno1
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default service charges

Quote:
hi just wondering was these services charges you claim back
# 12
b16phil
Old 20-09-2012, 10:42 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

hi there

i have an asda store card that has the payment protection on it.i have the card for years now.and although ive printed out my paperwork ive got no idea where to send it now.as santander took the financial side of it over do i send it to them or what i dont know.could someone possibly help me out.I even tried to send a mail to martin lewis but maybe hes got too big and doesnt want to help out us little people anymore.but ive not heard anything from him.typical.
any and all help would be great
# 13
YoYoY
Old 20-09-2012, 11:59 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16phil View Post
hi there

i have an asda store card that has the payment protection on it.i have the card for years now.and although ive printed out my paperwork ive got no idea where to send it now.as santander took the financial side of it over do i send it to them or what i dont know.could someone possibly help me out.I even tried to send a mail to martin lewis but maybe hes got too big and doesnt want to help out us little people anymore.but ive not heard anything from him.typical.
any and all help would be great
I think you have posted in the wrong thread.

Why have you dug this one up from almost 3 weeks ago?

Here is your recent thread you started on the matter
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4178109

I suggest you follow the advice and read the links that have already been provided therein
# 14
Mugpops
Old 08-10-2012, 3:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Getting nowhere!

I've just sent my repayment request in to Santander and tomorrow is the due date for any response (I stated within 14 days in the letter). I am worried that they aren't going to play ball and I WANT MY MONEY DAMNIT! What happens next? I am about to go and research what now. I take it it's Ombudsman (?) Any advice? As always, thank you!
# 15
Wywth
Old 08-10-2012, 3:48 PM

Quote:
I've just sent my repayment request in to Santander and tomorrow is the due date for any response (I stated within 14 days in the letter). I am worried that they aren't going to play ball and I WANT MY MONEY DAMNIT! What happens next? I am about to go and research what now. I take it it's Ombudsman (?) Any advice? As always, thank you!
Just carry on following the advice contained within the article that Premier linked to in post#3 about 5 months ago.
# 16
Mugpops
Old 08-10-2012, 4:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Sending my demand letter part 2!

Hi, thanks for the response. Do you happen to know if the 12 charges were deemed as unfair? Am I entitled to these back? I have these from 2010 onwards. Any responses to put my mind at rest? Ta
# 17
Wywth
Old 08-10-2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the response. Do you happen to know if the 12 charges were deemed as unfair? Am I entitled to these back? I have these from 2010 onwards. Any responses to put my mind at rest? Ta
I can only urge you to follow the advice given by Premier over 4 months ago in post#4 and read the article. The answers to your questions are contained therein.

Other than that, I would suggest the response I gave you on 11 July this year in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wywth View Post
Claim it all back, you know you want to.

The worst they can do is refuse.
# 18
foxcallaghan
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default robbed by ppi

hello i was wondering if somebody could help me, ive had store cards and catalogues for years and have paid loads in ppi how do i claim this back?
# 19
tommostours
Old 25-10-2012, 10:35 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Mothercare Store Card

Quote:
Hi,
You say you've managed to claim back from Mothercare, can I ask what address you used to send your request. I was under the imression that this card was handled by GE Capital, but they've just replied saying nothing to do with us.
We had a Mothercare card from 1997 to about 2005 so may be due a bit back.
Thanks in anticipation of your help
# 20
silversami
Old 01-11-2012, 7:58 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Very Account

Quote:
Hi

Can i ask if you had any luck with your littlewoods account as i'm about to hit Very with a PPI claim as i've had an account for years and didn't even realise i was paying it!!!!

Many Thanks