Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 24th Apr 12, 9:59 AM
    • 31,081Posts
    • 39,468Thanks
    Tixy
    Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - Part 12
    • 24th Apr 12, 9:59 AM
    Notice to Newcomers re Trolls - Part 12 24th Apr 12 at 9:59 AM
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give

or "It costs nowt to be nice"
Page 2
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 24th Apr 12, 7:46 PM
    • 31,081 Posts
    • 39,468 Thanks
    Tixy
    Hello and Welcome

A long time ago Pania wrote the message below to Newcomers or anyone who comes across a troll on the forum

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll?
    A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made. If you should get such a comment made on any thread you post, asking for help and advice, please realise this comment is not directed at you personally so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal because the majority of us really are a lovely bunch – ooops, modesty!

What should I do if I get a comment made on my thread?
    Firstly do not respond to the comment as this is invariably what the troll wants. So to get rid of the offending post, at the bottom of the post towards the right hand side you’ll see a red "Warning" triangle within a blue “Report” icon, as shown below:

Click the icon and then "send" the message which will inform the MSE team of the post, who will then review its content and deal with it as appropriate; sometimes even deleting the troll by making their status PPR’d (Posting Privileges Removed). Remember, this site is an asset to so many people, especially those that feels like their world is falling in around them. There is a wealth of knowledgeable people here all willing to help, whatever you do, do not let the comments of one silly individual deter you from availing yourself of the knowledge base that is on offer here.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM

It is testament to the work that Martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time, knowledge and experience freely to others; without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of their debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT

• IF
    • By IF 24th Apr 12, 7:50 PM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Hmmm - well I am flumoxed - for me my post links through to the correct place / same place as Ifs?

Is it still wrong for you? or has someone sneakily fixed my link? If its still not working for others I'll try deleting and re adding it.

My inbox is frequently full HL.
    Originally posted by Tixy

Yours below still goes to the forums for me!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/#troll

And this is the forums link address

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

My Troll link is this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs#troll

Tixy it's a mystery!!
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
    • Tixy
    • By Tixy 24th Apr 12, 7:58 PM
    • 31,081 Posts
    • 39,468 Thanks
    Tixy
    Weird - cos when I hover over my link it shows the address the same as yours

and does link through to the right place. but when I hover over HLs quote of mine its wrong. ?? The gremlins have obviously spotted the thread - perhaps the trolls sent them! I'll edit the post.
    Last edited by Tixy; 24-04-2012 at 8:00 PM.

• IF
    • By IF 24th Apr 12, 8:02 PM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Weird - cos when I hover over my link it shows the address the same as yours

and does link through to the right place. but when I hover over HLs quote of mine its wrong. ?? The gremlins have obviously spotted the thread - perhaps the trolls sent them! I'll edit the post.
    Spooky goings on!!! The link works now you have changed it Tixy
  • Hovel lady
    Hmmm - well I am flumoxed - for me my post links through to the correct place / same place as Ifs?

Is it still wrong for you? or has someone sneakily fixed my link? If its still not working for others I'll try deleting and re adding it.

My inbox is frequently full HL.
    Appears to be working now Tixy
    Something strange is going on methinks
    • IF
    • By IF 24th Apr 12, 8:24 PM
    • 34,276 Posts
    • 87,521 Thanks
    IF
    Now it's all sorted here's to NTN 12 and here's to us keeping Fred on the first page

• camuk81
    • By camuk81 24th Apr 12, 10:15 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 4,311 Thanks
    camuk81
    Bump up! Off for a quick fix then shower collapse and bed. Busy day tomorrow me thinks!
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 24th Apr 12, 10:20 PM
    • 4,789 Posts
    • 14,206 Thanks
    Growurown
    Indeed, Growurown, I thought that wallpaper was quite a find, and the curtains with bottles on just finish off the look!
    Originally posted by solventsoon

Are they whiskey or wine bottles?

BUMP
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • solventsoon
    Now it's all sorted here's to NTN 12 and here's to us keeping Fred on the first page

Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    I'll drink to that, If

Are they whiskey or wine bottles?

BUMP
    Originally posted by Growurown
    A mixture, Growurown, some whiskey, some wine and a few port bottles thrown in for good measure
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
  • solventsoon
    Bump up! Off for a quick fix then shower collapse and bed. Busy day tomorrow me thinks!
    Originally posted by camuk81
    Me too, camuk, hope yours goes OK
    • Growurown
    • By Growurown 24th Apr 12, 11:14 PM
    • 4,789 Posts
    • 14,206 Thanks
    Growurown
    A mixture, Growurown, some whiskey, some wine and a few port bottles thrown in for good measure
    Originally posted by solventsoon
    Oooh port, lovely. Any Stilton to go with that?
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
    • boultdj
    • By boultdj 25th Apr 12, 5:50 AM
    • 4,514 Posts
    • 32,765 Thanks
    boultdj
    Morning All, tea and coffee done.
    • his missus
    • By his missus 25th Apr 12, 9:07 AM
    • 3,306 Posts
    • 19,688 Thanks
    his missus
    Morning all!

Hope everyone is well and nt too battered by the rain predicted today. A quick pre-work bump from me... ah, who am I kidding? No work here today again, just sat at my desk wasting away time til hometime...

• Tixy
    • By Tixy 25th Apr 12, 10:27 AM
    • 31,081 Posts
    • 39,468 Thanks
    Tixy
    A quick Good Morning All.

Back to the grindstone......

• swanfan02
    Morning all!

And i don't want the world to see me. Cos i don't think that they'd understand.
    When everything's made to be broken. I just want you to know who i am.
    • his missus
    • By his missus 25th Apr 12, 11:27 AM
    • 3,306 Posts
    • 19,688 Thanks
    his missus
    Swanfan - everytime I see your signature, I end up humming that song all day

• solventsoon
    Oooh port, lovely. Any Stilton to go with that?
    Originally posted by Growurown
    Of course Help yourself Growurown

• solventsoon
    Morning everyone, what a horrible day outside, we'll have to stay bright and cheerful here to counteract that

Thanks for the tea boult

Good to see you again Swanny x

It's horrible here, HM, blowing a gale and been raining all day so far Hope your day goes quickly, I know what it's like to have nothing to do all day and I'd far rather be busy...

Back to the grindstone again now, see you all later
  • Hovel lady
    Hello lovely people

Thanks for the tea boult.

Lets have some cake with it...

Looks like someone has already had a piece.
    I wonder who that could be?
    • his missus
    • By his missus 25th Apr 12, 1:55 PM
    • 3,306 Posts
    • 19,688 Thanks
    his missus
    Hello all!

Pre-siesta bump, nothing happening here, would love a piece of cake HL, I need a sugar rush to keep me awake!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

255Posts Today

1,296Users online

Martin's Twitter