Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • sophsnan
    • By sophsnan 21st Apr 12, 3:14 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    sophsnan
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:14 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:14 PM
    A colleague of mine got hers from an indeapendant ? chemist not much help but just thought i'd mention it HTH
  • Nessynoo
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:40 PM
    Totally Wicked
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:40 PM
    Totally Wicked have a few stores. Take a look here to see if there is one near you.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/find-retailer.html
    "It's official, MSE's harbouring total fruitcakes"
    >^..^<
  • Lotus-eater
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:53 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 3:53 PM
    Depends what sort of e-cigs you are talking about.

If you mean the cheap lookylikey ones, then most supermarkets and chemists sell something.
    If you mean proper e-cigs that will do the job and look nothing like a cigarette, there are only a couple of independent shops.
    Vape Escape has one in Haywood near Rochdale. There are the 2 TW shops as said above and other places that stock TW stuff. TW can be expensive btw.

There's another one which slips my mind.

You would be better off buying over the net, that's where you will get the best choice.

Come here http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/ (other forums are available, such as Ukvaping and ECF) if you want advice on what to choose, if you don't know what you are buying, the chances are high you will buy a lemon that won't work for you.

There also is an e-cig thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1243625
    Last edited by Lotus-eater; 21-04-2012 at 4:20 PM.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    • Isaac-the-red
    • By Isaac-the-red 21st Apr 12, 4:52 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Isaac-the-red
    • 21st Apr 12, 4:52 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 4:52 PM
    Lotus Eater is right, the Totally Wicked shops & website aren't exactly the cheapest.

I've heard of another independant e-cig shop in Bridlington but don't know the name of it.

As Lotus Eater also says, you would get far more choice buying online from one of the good e-cig suppliers.
    • hm71
    • By hm71 21st Apr 12, 4:57 PM
    • 1,933 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    hm71
    • 21st Apr 12, 4:57 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 4:57 PM
    ok tesco sell the 10motives one but they are disposable & dont work out cost effective-
    and surprisingly i did see some in my local 99p store this week but was concerned that it had a tar level in it ???
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • Lotus-eater
    • 21st Apr 12, 5:19 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 5:19 PM
    E-cigs don't contain any tar, so it shouldn't have any level on it? Maybe they meant the nicotine level.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    • Isaac-the-red
    • By Isaac-the-red 21st Apr 12, 5:32 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    Isaac-the-red
    • 21st Apr 12, 5:32 PM
    • 21st Apr 12, 5:32 PM
    HM71, I believe that Tesco has withdrawn the 10 motive disposables due to quality issues. As you say, they didn't work out cost effective & didn't give a very good vape.

Again agrees with Lotus Eater - e-cigs don't contain any tar.
    • hm71
    • By hm71 22nd Apr 12, 5:05 PM
    • 1,933 Posts
    • 2,685 Thanks
    hm71
    • 22nd Apr 12, 5:05 PM
    • 22nd Apr 12, 5:05 PM
    E-cigs don't contain any tar, so it shouldn't have any level on it? Maybe they meant the nicotine level.
    Originally posted by Lotus-eater
    thats what worried me as it stated 70% less tar on it so slightly strange & why it stayed on teh shelf!!!

i personally get other halfs from vapeescape he loves his riva although we have been having problems with the tanks
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • Lotus-eater
    thats what worried me as it stated 70% less tar on it so slightly strange & why it stayed on teh shelf!!!

i personally get other halfs from vapeescape he loves his riva although we have been having problems with the tanks
    Originally posted by hm71
    Heh, should have been 100% less tar LOL.

Get him to try a vision ego instead of the tank.
    • marleyboy
    • By marleyboy 10th Jul 12, 6:03 PM
    • 14,383 Posts
    • 27,630 Thanks
    marleyboy
    Tesco pharmacy have a range of them they very in price from £5 -£20

They also do the Nicolites range, which my Brother recommends as they stopped his 20 a day habit within 2 weeks.

Last edited by marleyboy; 10-07-2012 at 6:10 PM.
    1+1+1=1
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • vapologist
    I notice other businesses are mentioned like Tesco...I am simply a grateful customer and was responding to the initial question..."does anyone know of high street shops" and believed they were worth a mention like the other business's in other replies that have remained. I may have over worded it and therefore apologies. Small business's need all the help they can get at the moment and as for money saving...I have personally saved £300 in three months. Giving up smoking is a no brainer...I am extremely grateful to this shop.
    • NeverInDebt
    • By NeverInDebt 10th Jul 12, 6:15 PM
    • 2,523 Posts
    • 2,982 Thanks
    NeverInDebt
    I saw your post and it certainly looked like a advert and not one posted by a customer

I notice other businesses are mentioned like Tesco...I am simply a grateful customer and was responding to the initial question..."does anyone know of high street shops" and believed they were worth a mention like the other business's in other replies that have remained. I may have over worded it and therefore apologies. Small business's need all the help they can get at the moment and as for money saving...I have personally saved £300 in three months. Giving up smoking is a no brainer...I am extremely grateful to this shop.
    Originally posted by vapologist
  • vapologist
    High Street shops
    I am also a Vaping activist and in the spirit of the MSE have every right to promote as other have without objection - goods, services and products that help to save money that I simply recomend. I'll choose my words and phrasiology more wisely in future. So much for a warm welcome to new members lol.
    That said...I understand why my original review was reported. No offence taken. You live and learn.
    • marleyboy
    • By marleyboy 10th Jul 12, 6:24 PM
    • 14,383 Posts
    • 27,630 Thanks
    marleyboy
    Having not seen the post in question, I am guessing it got deleted, its one thing to mention a product available in a chain store, but you cannot post links directly to products, particularly if you own\run the company, which a new member who whom creates a username of their brand, just to post an answer would go against MSE rules.

Maybe if said member mentioned a brand being available, his\her post would not have been deleted.

I would not post Marleyboys Smokeless Ecigs are the best, and include a link directly to my online product. (P.S. There is no such product just in case )
    1+1+1=1
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • vapologist
    Ok...I'll try again
    I purchased an Electronic Cigarette kit from Vapour Trails in Bournemouth who are a high street e-cig shop. Three months later I have saved £300 by not purchasing tobacco products.
    I use the name vapologist in vaping forums and like to share my positive experience with others. I earn my living as a Car Fleet Manager. I am a very happy customer.
  • philhoggins
    I use http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk

Usually next day delivery and very easy to contact and also helpful. 4 months now without a real cigarette. Go for a starter kit and give it a week. More than halved my smoking costs.
    • Mrs Arcanum
    • By Mrs Arcanum 12th Jul 12, 11:30 AM
    • 10,570 Posts
    • 19,218 Thanks
    Mrs Arcanum
    Our local BP/Spar shop sells them.
    Hope The Year of the Sneezing Panda is a good one?
    Lose only has 1 O! Loose = baggy has 2!
  • guyson
    chemistdirect.co.uk
    Try chemistdirect.co.uk and type in electronic cigarettes, they have a good range. The Regcig ones are very good, would highly recommend them.
    • wooohooo
    • By wooohooo 31st Aug 12, 7:17 PM
    • 992 Posts
    • 3,934 Thanks
    wooohooo
    http://www.cigg-e.co.uk/

Dont know why link wont work
    I have been using one of these for 2 weeks and am really pleased with It
    Jan 2016 Cat wand toy,“Kalanchoe beharensis-Tea bags-
    Case of Crabbies
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,979Posts Today

7,954Users online

Martin's Twitter