Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > I wanna buy-it or do-it > E-cigarettes on the high street (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
E-cigarettes on the high street
Closed Thread
Views: 50,214
# 1
WOW Factor 0
ss3n08
Old 21-04-2012, 2:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default E-cigarettes on the high street

Does anybody know of any high street shops or chemists that sell e-cigarettes? We have been looking everywhere. Thankyou
# 2
sophsnan
Old 21-04-2012, 3:14 PM
MoneySaving Convert

A colleague of mine got hers from an indeapendant ? chemist not much help but just thought i'd mention it HTH
# 3
Nessynoo
Old 21-04-2012, 3:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Totally Wicked

Totally Wicked have a few stores. Take a look here to see if there is one near you.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....-retailer.html
"It's official, MSE's harbouring total fruitcakes"
>^..^<
The Following User Says Thank You to Nessynoo For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Lotus-eater
Old 21-04-2012, 3:53 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Depends what sort of e-cigs you are talking about.

If you mean the cheap lookylikey ones, then most supermarkets and chemists sell something.
If you mean proper e-cigs that will do the job and look nothing like a cigarette, there are only a couple of independent shops.
Vape Escape has one in Haywood near Rochdale. There are the 2 TW shops as said above and other places that stock TW stuff. TW can be expensive btw.

There's another one which slips my mind.

You would be better off buying over the net, that's where you will get the best choice.

Come here http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/ (other forums are available, such as Ukvaping and ECF) if you want advice on what to choose, if you don't know what you are buying, the chances are high you will buy a lemon that won't work for you.

There also is an e-cig thread
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1243625
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Last edited by Lotus-eater; 21-04-2012 at 4:20 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lotus-eater For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Isaac-the-red
Old 21-04-2012, 4:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Lotus Eater is right, the Totally Wicked shops & website aren't exactly the cheapest.

I've heard of another independant e-cig shop in Bridlington but don't know the name of it.

As Lotus Eater also says, you would get far more choice buying online from one of the good e-cig suppliers.
# 6
hm71
Old 21-04-2012, 4:57 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

ok tesco sell the 10motives one but they are disposable & dont work out cost effective-
and surprisingly i did see some in my local 99p store this week but was concerned that it had a tar level in it ???
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
£2 saving club £60
# 7
Lotus-eater
Old 21-04-2012, 5:19 PM

E-cigs don't contain any tar, so it shouldn't have any level on it? Maybe they meant the nicotine level.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
# 8
Isaac-the-red
Old 21-04-2012, 5:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

HM71, I believe that Tesco has withdrawn the 10 motive disposables due to quality issues. As you say, they didn't work out cost effective & didn't give a very good vape.

Again agrees with Lotus Eater - e-cigs don't contain any tar.
# 9
hm71
Old 22-04-2012, 5:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus-eater View Post
E-cigs don't contain any tar, so it shouldn't have any level on it? Maybe they meant the nicotine level.
thats what worried me as it stated 70% less tar on it so slightly strange & why it stayed on teh shelf!!!

i personally get other halfs from vapeescape he loves his riva although we have been having problems with the tanks
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
£2 saving club £60
# 10
Lotus-eater
Old 22-04-2012, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hm71 View Post
thats what worried me as it stated 70% less tar on it so slightly strange & why it stayed on teh shelf!!!

i personally get other halfs from vapeescape he loves his riva although we have been having problems with the tanks
Heh, should have been 100% less tar LOL.

Get him to try a vision ego instead of the tank.
# 11
marleyboy
Old 10-07-2012, 6:03 PM

Tesco pharmacy have a range of them they very in price from £5 -£20

They also do the Nicolites range, which my Brother recommends as they stopped his 20 a day habit within 2 weeks.

1+1+1=1
"Marleyboy you are a legend!"
MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
Marleyboy speaks sense
marleyboy (total legend)
Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.

Last edited by marleyboy; 10-07-2012 at 6:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to marleyboy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
vapologist
Old 10-07-2012, 6:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I notice other businesses are mentioned like Tesco...I am simply a grateful customer and was responding to the initial question..."does anyone know of high street shops" and believed they were worth a mention like the other business's in other replies that have remained. I may have over worded it and therefore apologies. Small business's need all the help they can get at the moment and as for money saving...I have personally saved £300 in three months. Giving up smoking is a no brainer...I am extremely grateful to this shop.
# 13
NeverInDebt
Old 10-07-2012, 6:15 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I saw your post and it certainly looked like a advert and not one posted by a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapologist View Post
I notice other businesses are mentioned like Tesco...I am simply a grateful customer and was responding to the initial question..."does anyone know of high street shops" and believed they were worth a mention like the other business's in other replies that have remained. I may have over worded it and therefore apologies. Small business's need all the help they can get at the moment and as for money saving...I have personally saved £300 in three months. Giving up smoking is a no brainer...I am extremely grateful to this shop.
# 14
vapologist
Old 10-07-2012, 6:23 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default High Street shops

I am also a Vaping activist and in the spirit of the MSE have every right to promote as other have without objection - goods, services and products that help to save money that I simply recomend. I'll choose my words and phrasiology more wisely in future. So much for a warm welcome to new members lol.
That said...I understand why my original review was reported. No offence taken. You live and learn.
# 15
marleyboy
Old 10-07-2012, 6:24 PM

Having not seen the post in question, I am guessing it got deleted, its one thing to mention a product available in a chain store, but you cannot post links directly to products, particularly if you own\run the company, which a new member who whom creates a username of their brand, just to post an answer would go against MSE rules.

Maybe if said member mentioned a brand being available, his\her post would not have been deleted.

I would not post Marleyboys Smokeless Ecigs are the best, and include a link directly to my online product. (P.S. There is no such product just in case )
1+1+1=1
"Marleyboy you are a legend!"
MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
Marleyboy speaks sense
marleyboy (total legend)
Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
# 16
vapologist
Old 10-07-2012, 6:42 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Ok...I'll try again
I purchased an Electronic Cigarette kit from Vapour Trails in Bournemouth who are a high street e-cig shop. Three months later I have saved £300 by not purchasing tobacco products.
I use the name vapologist in vaping forums and like to share my positive experience with others. I earn my living as a Car Fleet Manager. I am a very happy customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to vapologist For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
philhoggins
Old 12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I use http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk

Usually next day delivery and very easy to contact and also helpful. 4 months now without a real cigarette. Go for a starter kit and give it a week. More than halved my smoking costs.
# 18
Mrs Arcanum
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Our local BP/Spar shop sells them.
You have to know something about racism … There is no such thing as race. None. There’s just the human race. Scientifically, anthropologically, race is a construct, a human construct; and it has benefits. Money can be made off of it. People who don’t like themselves can feel better off of it. It can describe certain kinds of behaviour that are wrong or misleading. So it has a social function, racism. But race can only be defined as a human being. - Toni Morrison
# 19
guyson
Old 31-08-2012, 6:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default chemistdirect.co.uk

Try chemistdirect.co.uk and type in electronic cigarettes, they have a good range. The Regcig ones are very good, would highly recommend them.
# 20
wooohooo
Old 31-08-2012, 7:17 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

http://www.cigg-e.co.uk/

Dont know why link wont work
I have been using one of these for 2 weeks and am really pleased with It
FEB-£60 elc toys,robot filled with sweets
Closed Thread