Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mamto3
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread
    • 20th Apr 12, 12:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread 20th Apr 12 at 12:17 PM
    i went in to sainsburys to take advantage of the £10 oriental meal deal and got somebig bargains while i was there;

'Head' canvas butterfly shopping bags 14.99 now 2.99
    70 piece screw set was 2.49 now 25p
    Draper claw hammer was 6.99 now 1.49
    Sainsburys flat head screwdriver was 1.49 now 29p
    Sainsburys electric cordless screwdriver set was 19.99 now 4.99

Robot sandwich box was 3.49
    Robot insulated lunch bag (quite big) was 5.99
    Robot aluminium water bottle was 3.49
    Russian doll water bottle was 3.49
    All these were 1.00 each

Trunki GoVinchi backpack in blue was 19.99 now 5.99 (Cheaper than home bargains)

Ceramic and Lime green hoilet brush and holder was 6.25 now 1.83

These were all in Sainsburys Durham, hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by mamto3; 20-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Page 44
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 2nd Nov 17, 2:44 PM
    • 12,805 Posts
    • 12,599 Thanks
    Chris25
    in the toy dept -

clear crabbing bucket. 45p

set of boules, £1.50

food -

box of 8 Basic fruit lollies, 38p

Rowntrees fruit pastille lollies (not sure how many in pack), 55p from £2.20

100g bag of frozen coconut milk chips, 80p
    Last edited by Chris25; 02-11-2017 at 3:51 PM.
    • dollywops
    • By dollywops 3rd Nov 17, 10:05 PM
    • 1,607 Posts
    • 2,779 Thanks
    dollywops
    Children's Halloween outfits
    Quite a few outfits in store in Watford, Albert Road.

They had the pumpkin one and the little devil one. There were also some witches ones.

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/halloween-all/baby-halloween-costumes

Found them near the pet food! Might be worth looking around your local stores.
    • mabelcable
    • By mabelcable 3rd Nov 17, 11:37 PM
    • 84 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    mabelcable
    Lots of stationary items reduced today. Weekly wall planners 75p. Children's paints 60p including some metallic ones. 20 felt tips 75p. Small notebooks with pink covers 50p. Some lovely paperweights reduced to £1.20 I bought a resin dome one with butterfly motif and a copper pyramid . Not everything on the shelf was reduced though there were some sellotape strips which i need but they were £3. Still quite a lot of Halloween items as well they were all on aisle ends.
    HTH
    • AlwaysSmiling
    • By AlwaysSmiling 29th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 83 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    AlwaysSmiling
    Christmas wrap - sale at Sainsbury’s
    Popped in yesterday to Sainsburys. Wrapping paper was down to 50p a roll, all gift tag packs were down to 25p. I also picked up some gift bow and ribbon packs for 40p each.

Christmas crackers were also reduced, I picked up a pack of 12 gold ones for £1.20!

Christmas gifts were also reduced (travel mugs, money boxes).
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 24,456 Posts
    • 51,728 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Needs merging with the Sainsbury’s Big Bargain thread. Red?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • redfox
    • By redfox 29th Dec 17, 9:54 AM
    • 12,699 Posts
    • 36,130 Thanks
    redfox
    Needs merging with the Sainsbury’s Big Bargain thread. Red?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    done .....
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Dec 17, 9:44 PM
    • 24,456 Posts
    • 51,728 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Lots of big bargains in the superstore I visited this morning (Rayleigh Weir) but they were disappearing very quickly. It was hard to navigate the homeware department for all the trolleys obstructing the aisles. Many of the shelves were empty of red shelf-edged stock; the Christmas confectionery and baked goods were moving fast.

No mega cheese bargains to be had as yet.

Still, I bought some multi-purpose kitchen knives for just 30p each. And a load of Christmas chocolate at the petrol station

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • redfox
    • By redfox 11th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 12,699 Posts
    • 36,130 Thanks
    redfox
    411g jars of Robertson's mincemeat down to 10p today. Best before dates of July 2020 so good to put away for next year. Barcode is 50172672
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 11th Jan 18, 5:37 PM
    • 24,456 Posts
    • 51,728 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    411g jars of Robertson's mincemeat down to 10p today. Best before dates of July 2020 so good to put away for next year. Barcode is 50172672
    Originally posted by redfox
    This is a recent development - was 50p on Tuesday. Good spot.

• weezie7
    • By weezie7 18th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 71 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    weezie7
    Pedometer
    Local Sainsburys had Body Sculpture Pedometer on sale at £2.70, with all the other gym stuff, for anyone who wants to get a bit fitter, but doesn't have, or want a fit bit!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,120Posts Today

8,565Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin