Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mamto3
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread
    • 20th Apr 12, 12:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread 20th Apr 12 at 12:17 PM
    i went in to sainsburys to take advantage of the £10 oriental meal deal and got somebig bargains while i was there;

'Head' canvas butterfly shopping bags 14.99 now 2.99
    70 piece screw set was 2.49 now 25p
    Draper claw hammer was 6.99 now 1.49
    Sainsburys flat head screwdriver was 1.49 now 29p
    Sainsburys electric cordless screwdriver set was 19.99 now 4.99

Robot sandwich box was 3.49
    Robot insulated lunch bag (quite big) was 5.99
    Robot aluminium water bottle was 3.49
    Russian doll water bottle was 3.49
    All these were 1.00 each

Trunki GoVinchi backpack in blue was 19.99 now 5.99 (Cheaper than home bargains)

Ceramic and Lime green hoilet brush and holder was 6.25 now 1.83

These were all in Sainsburys Durham, hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by mamto3; 20-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Page 43
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 13th Aug 17, 3:12 PM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    white ridged sugar bowl with lid (it's 'dinnerware'; thicker than china but thinner than earthenware)- 87p
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 14th Aug 17, 6:43 PM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    pack of 3 A4 plastic wallets, 45p

boxed set of 2 ballpoint pens; 1 check,1 plain, 90p

triple stack of small noteblocks, 90p (from same set as pens, the pads are white but spines are checked or plain )
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 15th Aug 17, 7:28 AM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    large, navy blue, plastic salad servers in the shape of fish, 50p a pair.

They're quite heavy and relatively flat so you could possibly use them to put nibbles on, not sure how effective they'd be at using them for their proper purpose

If you had several, you could probably make a nice piece of artwork with them
    • annabel14
    • By annabel14 23rd Aug 17, 11:05 AM
    • 159 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    annabel14
    Bought a bottle of jd yesterday for £25 but today is reduced to £20 is it possible sainsburys will allow a refund if I return this bottle?
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 23rd Aug 17, 7:40 PM
    • 2,940 Posts
    • 1,105 Thanks
    trinidadone
    Bought a bottle of jd yesterday for £25 but today is reduced to £20 is it possible sainsburys will allow a refund if I return this bottle?
    Originally posted by annabel14
    Hello annabel, I see where your coming from, your losing £5.00 which is not very moneysaving.

I went on the stores website, and discovered you can return a item, even if you have changed your mind on condition:

1. Its within 30 days of the purchasing date.

2. Its in its original condition.

3. You have your proof of purchase.

Make sure also they have a bottle of JD on the shelves.

here a link for you, good luck and keep us posted

https://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/refunds-returns/what-is-refund-policy
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • redfox
    • By redfox 31st Aug 17, 1:57 PM
    • 12,312 Posts
    • 35,048 Thanks
    redfox
    Found in Sainsburys today:

Mary Berry's Roasted garlic and onion vinaigrette (235ml) 20p

Cadbury's Big Taste Toffee whole nut ice-cream (480ml tub) for 75p

Sainsbury's Basics 10 pack of stock cubes (chicken, beef or vegetable varieties) 10p each
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Violetta
    • By Violetta 31st Aug 17, 9:00 PM
    • 3,531 Posts
    • 5,362 Thanks
    Violetta
    Cheers redfox managed to stock up on stock cubes!
    Booo!!!
    • redfox
    • By redfox 4th Sep 17, 8:50 PM
    • 12,312 Posts
    • 35,048 Thanks
    redfox
    in the menswear sale today they had a couple of sweaters that were reduced from £20/£22 to £1 each.

In case anybody else wants to look out for these they are a black with flecks round neck lambswool sweater (bar code 5054684995942) and a dark grey zip neck lambswool sweater (barcode 5054684995058)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Chris25
    • By Chris25 23rd Sep 17, 7:37 AM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    There are so many reductions in the Home Dept, they're having a huge sale.
    Some of the items I saw were:-

set of Russian dolls cookie cutters, 90p - v cute

single nylon piping bag with 6 stainless steel nozzles, 90p

all of the Tala baking accessories are reduced; some half price, some about 40% off

one of the Sainsburys baking & kitchen accessories range has all items heavily reduced - like fish turners, ladles, slotted spoons etc.

Tefal frying pans are, or were, half price - there weren't any left on the shelves but the shelf labels gave the reductions

lots of heavy gauge baking sheets and roasting pans half price

flannels, 45p

cute little cushion and navy blue cover with white embroidered waves & yacht with the words Sail Away - or something like that, £7

pack of 3 exercise books with a floral theme (makes me think of Ted Baker hues; nudes, mints, mauvey pastels),90p

hardback metallic journal or notebook, £1.59

small exercise book with geometric design; part metallic, part flat colour, 65p

clear pencil cases with geometric print, 45p

boxed set of 2 ballpoint pens with blue and white abstract design, 90p

The 'Basics' eggs have new packaging of clear plastic which makes it easier to see if you got a pack of free-range (stamped 1) instead of barn eggs (stamped with a 2) for the same price. I got 15 free-range eggs for £1.35.

As I've posted before, it's always worth checking if free-range have been substituted, and now you can see through the box
    Last edited by Chris25; 23-09-2017 at 9:59 AM.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 25th Sep 17, 11:04 AM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    Some items have been further reduced -the navy cushion in my last post is now £6

There are loads of reductions in the Stationery dept; little pencil kits, crayons, stickers, fancy postit pads etc - perfect for those making up charity Shoeboxes to send abroad

Some items seen :-

weekly to-do desk pad £1.20 and another for £1.50

small to-do pad, 90p

Girls Superhero filled pencil case, 90p

Girls Superhero A4 notebook with elastic closure, £1.50

small soft touch notepad with elastic closure, 60p - I saw red and lime coloured ones

A5 soft touch notepad with elastic closure, £1.20 - again, red and lime

mini notepad, 30p - fuchsia pink,red, or royal blue

Marvel multi-ballpoint pen with 10 colours, 90p

Seen in Kitchenware:-

Stainless steel basket steamer, £2.75 - think this is old packaging , it's the one on turquoise card, not cream which is £5.50
    Last edited by Chris25; 25-09-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 6th Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    'scandi' style (white with a floral grey trim) pasta bowls; single bowl £2 but boxed set of four, £2.40

stainless steel colander with long handle from £7 to £3.38

24 floral cupcake wrappers, £1.58

75 floral cupcake cases to match above, £1.20

matching floral gift tags for HM bakes, £1.20

2pk duck egg flannels with white leaf print, 90p

white with leaf print ceramic drawer pull was £8 now £1.50

Star Wars light-up notebook, £2.40

plushy panda face pencil case, £1.50

Refreshers/ Dib Dab/ Wham original notebooks, 90p

Refreshers pencil case, £1.20

alien shaped small notepad, 60p

alien keyring, 60p

Spiderman or Star Wars curtains - different sizes, £9.00

dogtooth grey/white single duvet set (200 thread count), was £21, now £6.30
    • Giggle
    • By Giggle 9th Oct 17, 11:14 AM
    • 3,129 Posts
    • 13,397 Thanks
    Giggle
    Does anyone know when the toy sale is ��
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 9th Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    Does anyone know when the toy sale is ��
    Originally posted by Giggle
    I was in today & the aisles were stacked with toy displays & a notice said it was to start on Wednesday - I assume this week
    • moonshine
    • By moonshine 10th Oct 17, 2:25 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 1,330 Thanks
    moonshine
    I was in today & the aisles were stacked with toy displays & a notice said it was to start on Wednesday - I assume this week
    Originally posted by Chris25
    they were wheeling out pallet loads of toys in my nearest Sainburys today so it must be imminent.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 17th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 23,562 Posts
    • 49,391 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I’m not sure how big a bargain this is, but Sainsbury’s had some scented candles in glass jars on sale: small for £1.20, large in capped jars £2.50. Clearly old scents they wanted to get rid of, including Pumpkin & Spice (orange packaging, ok), Apple Cedarwood (purple, rank) and Cinnamon, Sugar & Pear (yellow, divine!). My eyeball guestimate is that the small is 150ml, the large is 225ml.

There was also a clearance shelf of kitchen bits, difficult to assess this for the bargain factor as the shelf had been wiped clean of goods
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 22nd Oct 17, 5:29 PM
    • 12,594 Posts
    • 12,249 Thanks
    Chris25
    Silentnight Soft As Silk 10.5 duvet superking, £19

10 pack acrylic wineglasses with butterfly print, £1.50

10 pack acrylic tumblers with butterfly print, 75p

10 pack acrylic tumblers with summer solstice print, 75p

summer solstice ice-cream bunting, 60p

summer solstice print paper tablecloth, £1.75 from £3.50

other tablecloths £1.75 - a linen look one, & one with a geometric trim

there was also a space on the shelf where one design of tablecloth was reduced to £1.01 - odd price!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,792Posts Today

9,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin