Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zayn
    • By zayn 10th Apr 12, 3:32 PM
    • 69Posts
    • 6Thanks
    zayn
    PCP or PCH for Car
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:32 PM
    PCP or PCH for Car 10th Apr 12 at 3:32 PM
    Hi All,
    i am considering a car with a value of 20k which i plan to keep for 35 months and hand back the keys after this as part of the PCP or PCH. What are the overall financial pro's and con's ?

i understand currently

1. PCP per month payments are cheaper but the entire loan get's added to your credit file which could have issues in the future

2. PCH is a lease which only shows up on your credit file as a monthly payment without the entire amount being shown on your credit file.

If anyone can please advise if i have missed anything ?

Thank you
Page 1
  • PedroMatias
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:39 PM
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:39 PM
    Hi All,
    i am considering a car with a value of 20k which i plan to keep for 35 months and hand back the keys after this as part of the PCP or PCH. What are the overall financial pro's and con's ?

i understand currently

1. PCP per month payments are cheaper but the entire loan get's added to your credit file which could have issues in the future

2. PCH is a lease which only shows up on your credit file as a monthly payment without the entire amount being shown on your credit file.

If anyone can please advise if i have missed anything ?

Thank you
    Originally posted by zayn
    With PCP, the 'buyback' value will most likely be less than the market value, so you should end up with a bit of cash left over if you sell and pay off the loan after 3 years. PCH is a straightforward 'term finishes, car comes back' job.
    Xmas 2012 challenge - £9,607.76 (55.77%) paid

TOTAL DEBT - £17,227.93 £7,620.17
    • zayn
    • By zayn 10th Apr 12, 3:41 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zayn
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:41 PM
    • 10th Apr 12, 3:41 PM
    With PCP, the 'buyback' value will most likely be less than the market value, so you should end up with a bit of cash left over if you sell and pay off the loan after 3 years. PCH is a straightforward 'term finishes, car comes back' job.
    Originally posted by PedroMatias
    Thanks Pedro, what concerns me is the credit file. I don't like the fact that the entire value of the car is added to my file under PCP, this will cause me issues if within the next 3 years i consider moving home or another loan..
    • zayn
    • By zayn 11th Apr 12, 1:58 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    zayn
    • 11th Apr 12, 1:58 PM
    • 11th Apr 12, 1:58 PM
    Can anyone please advise if both PCP and PCH show up on your credit file as a 20K loan, as i am being given conflicting information

Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,119Posts Today

8,261Users online

Martin's Twitter