Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    • 3,875Posts
    • 21,543Thanks
    fairyclicks
    The Swagbucks Challenge
    • 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    The Swagbucks Challenge 2nd Apr 12 at 2:48 PM
    This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month .

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

To make £25 a month via amazon vouchers on the site you will need to get to 4245 points (but you can claim a £5 voucher each time you get to 849 points)

To make £25 a month via paypal you will need to get approx 6000 points (the exchange rate varies as you claim in $5 payments or more). To cash out via paypal you need a minimum of 700 points.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
    NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
    Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
    SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
    Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
    Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
    Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
    Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
    Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
    Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

£5 Amazon Vouchers are the most cost efficient use of points for claiming and cost 849 points usually (sometimes there is a sale)

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.

$5 paypal payments = approx £3.07 but this changes daily with the currency exchange rates.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
    Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
    Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-08-2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it
Page 501
  • RubyMurray
    I'm getting seriously hacked off with SB at the moment. I've wasted so much time lately filling in survey after survey and getting dq'd either half way or at the end, or not getting credited at all if I do complete it. Hardly any of the offers credit these days and it's more time wasted chasing up swagbucks here and there and then being treated like a con artist. It used to be bad like this for the odd day here and there but it's every damn day now.

Supersonicads are still missing from my offer wall and I haven't read about anyone else having a problem, have contacted SB and Supersonicads themselves repeatedly and still nothing.

Seriously losing the will at the moment! (sorry for the rant!)
    Swagbucks earnings since 22/05/2012 £135 paypal cash
    Clicksense earnings since 16/10/2012 $100.56 paypal cash
  • camis
    Code out - Facebook UK
    £2,012 in 2012 # 219
    £1032 / £2,012 (as at 1/7)
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 29th Aug 12, 4:43 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Code out - Facebook UK
    Originally posted by camis
    Thanks camis
  • Giggles86
    Thought it was going to take ages to get to the daily goal today but then had a trusted survey and a PL one which didn't take too long and got me all I needed Aiming for a few more though. I'll sit and play some of the videos later
  • daya
    Finally
    Code out - Facebook UK
    Originally posted by camis
    What a day. Finally manage to get code on time. Thanks camis.

Also today my biggest search win - 59SB.
    Shame I forgot to take screenshot.
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 29th Aug 12, 4:46 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Just completed an easy survey on Peanut Labs for 60 SB about the Olympics, so keep a look out for that one
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 29th Aug 12, 4:48 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    What a day. Finally manage to get code on time. Thanks camis.

Also today my biggest search win - 59SB.
    Shame I forgot to take screenshot.
    Originally posted by daya
    Well done for the search win
  • BoosHaus
    Just a heads up for anyone who wants to claim a voucher (for the first time) before the end of this month: I've just contacted the team and they've said the only way to validate your account from now on will be via a PIN on a postcard that will be sent to an address of your choosing.

This takes between 7-10 days, so if you've been saving up your points (like I have) you're probably not going to be able to cash out this month - unless you do it via PayPal, of course.
  • zahariel
    Just a heads up for anyone who wants to claim a voucher (for the first time) before the end of this month: I've just contacted the team and they've said the only way to validate your account from now on will be via a PIN on a postcard that will be sent to an address of your choosing.

This takes between 7-10 days, so if you've been saving up your points (like I have) you're probably not going to be able to cash out this month - unless you do it via PayPal, of course.
    Originally posted by BoosHaus
    So just to clarify those who have validated vouchers in the past can continue to do so by 'email'/'secret answer' ?
    • CathWales
    • By CathWales 29th Aug 12, 5:23 PM
    • 3,000 Posts
    • 4,368 Thanks
    CathWales
    I'm close to giving up on this too, 98 points since I joined on Monday Some of the surveys DQ me and I just went through the same survey twice to check as it said i hadn't completed all the questions, but there are ticks on all questions, so don't know why, its still in my dashboard. Am enjoying some of the games like Crazy Taxi, but gaining no points on them
  • BoosHaus
    So just to clarify those who have validated vouchers in the past can continue to do so by 'email'/'secret answer' ?
    Originally posted by zahariel
    I should imagine so - this is the first time that I've applied for a voucher so I think that's why.

EDIT: Sorry, should have checked the email a little better. This is what it said:

"After the verification process is completed, you will no longer encounter this issue. This is a new feature that Swagbucks.com is introducing and will need to be completed one time per user. "

Although I'm going to have to email them back again. My first email asked them to cancel my PIN, and they said they had, and this latest one said that it should arrive within 7 days. I'm beginning to get a bit of a headache!
    Last edited by BoosHaus; 29-08-2012 at 5:30 PM.
  • zahariel
    Sorry to hear that Cath' - Most of the surveys DQ for demographic reasons and a lot of the offers may not complete because you have ad blockers or pop up blockers going in the background. There are some great one off offers that give a tonne of SBs and are free - try those for a hugh boost...

I joined SB 2 weeks ago and have been getting on average 130+ a day. Thats the daily poll, NOSO, toolbar, 2-3 searches, a few games, the daily survey and maybe another offer survey or a videos videos and one off offers... I should be redeeming my 4th Amazon voucher tomorrow.

The daily surveys are the best source of SBs after the initial burst - 70 per day (usually takes me 2-4 cause of DQs too...)

The wonderfull people here will help out if you miss a twitter or Facebok code and they can give you around 15 a day too...
    Last edited by zahariel; 29-08-2012 at 5:31 PM. Reason: clarification
  • zahariel
    I should imagine so - this is the first time that I've applied for a voucher so I think that's why.

EDIT: Sorry, should have checked the email a little better. This is what it said:

"After the verification process is completed, you will no longer encounter this issue. This is a new feature that Swagbucks.com is introducing and will need to be completed one time per user. "
    Originally posted by BoosHaus
    Hmmm so maybe everyone will have to go through it at some point... I have had to verify each of my vouchers using my secret word. Anything that can increase security is helpful, though it may prolong the agony that is the wait for the vaucher delivery...
    • shadowcamper
    • By shadowcamper 29th Aug 12, 5:52 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    shadowcamper
    I use SBTV off the toolbar creeps upto 50 points a day at 3 points every 10 videos.(alot of the Splash ones are quite short)
    Games Crazy taxi gives me 10 points a day, 2 points everytime you play it twice (you must pass level 1 and submit the score every time).
    Today i got some points on Special offers Supersonic for adding X factor bingo.
    Also SponsorPay i got the fanta app.
    Had lots of little videos on RadiumOne Supersonic and the home page.
    I got a 33 point search all in i just scraped the Target without even getting a survey (kept getting DQ'd or hit with the over quota after doing most of them GRRR!)
    If your struggling let people know the regular guys on here are really nice.
    • dolphin19
    • By dolphin19 29th Aug 12, 6:22 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    dolphin19
    Wow my lucky day today, got the daily survey for 70 sb and a peanuts lab for 60 sb so achieved my daily target without any stress!

I wish it was always this easy
  • Spendnsave2010
    Trial pay - McDonalds = install app and drop pin on facebook , easy to do for 23 sb and credited twice for me
    • miss_corerupted
    • By miss_corerupted 29th Aug 12, 6:45 PM
    • 3,131 Posts
    • 25,336 Thanks
    miss_corerupted
    mcdonalds credited for me, just once
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar
    Mortgage pay off date 07/2029. On course for 2026 Target 12/2020
    Current Balance £34879
    Declutter 1559/2016
    • ukclare
    • By ukclare 29th Aug 12, 6:49 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    ukclare
    Trial pay - McDonalds = install app and drop pin on facebook , easy to do for 23 sb and credited twice for me
    Originally posted by Spendnsave2010
    Haven't got that one (insert sad face here!!!)
  • zahariel
    Haven't got that one (insert sad face here!!!)
    Originally posted by ukclare
    same - though got the x-factor and 3am bingo ones for 42Sb... took to to 854 and redeemed for my 5th Amazon voucher

Though they did add an extra step asking me to verify my address so looks like that pin code postcard thingy is coming our way...
    Last edited by zahariel; 29-08-2012 at 7:58 PM.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 29th Aug 12, 7:43 PM
    • 7,360 Posts
    • 11,112 Thanks
    cally6008
    Time for a shiny new thread since we hit the 10,000 post mark

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4150091

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

855Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter