Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    • 3,875Posts
    • 21,535Thanks
    fairyclicks
    The Swagbucks Challenge
    • 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    The Swagbucks Challenge 2nd Apr 12 at 2:48 PM
    This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month .

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

To make £25 a month via amazon vouchers on the site you will need to get to 4245 points (but you can claim a £5 voucher each time you get to 849 points)

To make £25 a month via paypal you will need to get approx 6000 points (the exchange rate varies as you claim in $5 payments or more). To cash out via paypal you need a minimum of 700 points.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
    NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
    Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
    SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
    Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
    Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
    Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
    Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
    Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
    Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

£5 Amazon Vouchers are the most cost efficient use of points for claiming and cost 849 points usually (sometimes there is a sale)

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.

$5 paypal payments = approx £3.07 but this changes daily with the currency exchange rates.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
    Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
    Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-08-2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it
Page 48
    • shortstop
    • By shortstop 20th Apr 12, 1:45 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    shortstop
    Really slow sb day today. DQ from all surveys in trusted surveys that I've tried.
    So far today today I've got 60sb, thats from sbtv, daily pool, use of toolbar and a couple of good searches (11sb for one, 8 for another). Was searching for where to get flea treatments online for both searchs so came up lucky there. Also 2 for noso.
    I'll keep going with tv and try a couple of games for a bit total is 543 and really wanna get my first voucher! Maybe I'm just impatient! Got 4 Birthdays and a wedding in May that I need to buy for and 2 birthdays and a wedding in June so every little helps to cut the cost down! They're all very close family/friends as well so really can't not get something! Just for the mse'rs out there I've budgetted for these birthday spends but if I can pay for them with vouchers instead, more can go in the savings!
  • thatclaregirl
    Sorry to hear that, slowish day for me too, there should be more swag codes at convenient times to all the world, most mornings they have expired by the time i've woken up.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #333 - Every Penny Is A Prisoner!
    Swagbucks (joined April 2012) £155 Amazon gift cards, £435 Paypal.
    52 Week Money Challenge 2014 Wk4 - £10/£1378
    1000 miles walking in 2014 112/1000
    • Purple fiend
    • By Purple fiend 20th Apr 12, 1:57 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    Purple fiend
    Have you tried any of the offers in Trial Pay, where the spend is £1? There is magazine subscriptions, snapfish photos, points is about 180 and the credit instantly after you have made payment. There is also Bigfish for $2.99, which converts to about £1.75, that was for over 600 points the last time I looked.

Look out for low spend offers on all walls and you can increase your points that way.
    Make £10 a day in March - £182 / £310
    • Purple fiend
    • By Purple fiend 20th Apr 12, 1:59 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 433 Thanks
    Purple fiend
    To the person asking about the SBTV Mobile having to reinstall to reset. I thought that I had to do that daily too, until recently.

Start it after 8 the following day, and once the first video is finished the meter bar will reset to 20% and you can carry on as normal.
    Make £10 a day in March - £182 / £310
  • Dory78
    To the person asking about the SBTV Mobile having to reinstall to reset. I thought that I had to do that daily too, until recently.

Start it after 8 the following day, and once the first video is finished the meter bar will reset to 20% and you can carry on as normal.
    Originally posted by Purple fiend
    Unfortunately it doesn't do this on mine - it just continuely says daily limit reached and doesn't reset
  • Toby_2012
    Blimey, you guys all seem to get loads of SB!

I signed up yesterday and am struggling to get many! My only real source of SB seems to be SawgTV!

And by the way, yes I have read the OP.

Any tips?!

Thanks!
  • thatclaregirl
    Trusted surveys...check back regularly as they will occasionally have one for you! Most are around 80-150 sb! Even if you're disqualified, you should get 1sb just for trying
    Go to Special Offers, click peanut labs and there should be some questions for you to answer in order to take part in their surveys. When you've completed your questions there might well be some 60sb surveys
    While you're on special offers, go to Supersonic. Check if there is a number next to the videos tab. If there is, click and watch!
    Get your 10sb from playing games when you have the chance...2sb for every 2 games (make sure to send your score on each one)

And keep checking the main page for extra videos and offers

Do the daily survey for 70sb! If you're disqualified it will keep looking for a suitable survey....you SHOULD complete one eventually
    Originally posted by thatclaregirl
    Hi Toby....these are tips i posted for someone yesterday, hope they help

Just did the 70sb survey, takes me to 169 today, 1733 in 5 days! Ordering my second voucher right now
    Sealed Pot Challenge #333 - Every Penny Is A Prisoner!
    Swagbucks (joined April 2012) £155 Amazon gift cards, £435 Paypal.
    52 Week Money Challenge 2014 Wk4 - £10/£1378
    1000 miles walking in 2014 112/1000
  • lizzie2579
    Can someone explain the swag code please? Where do you find it? I think I'm still trying to get to grips with swagbucks, I really like it but I definitely don't earn as many as most people on here!
    Thanks!
    • shortstop
    • By shortstop 20th Apr 12, 3:25 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    shortstop
    I'm purposely not gonna try the picture ones as I have quite a few family weddings etc coming up in the next few weeks, so gonna wait and use them to print out any photos we really like and want to frame/give to family etc.
    I don't think it would let me use the offers twice! I did think about the vista free t-shirt but postage is a bit on the high side for the amount of points you get so don't think it wuld b worth it in the end. (was gonna get a goofy type company one for hubby)
    I don't think I've come across a mag subscription one so might g look for that as my subs is up fo renewal so that could be good.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 20th Apr 12, 3:49 PM
    • 7,348 Posts
    • 11,098 Thanks
    cally6008
    today survey is out

if you get the cancer research one, end question requires post code in capital letters

target met 130./.120

• NellyD
    WOO! I just redeemed my first Amazon voucher! Really impressed as I've only been swagging for 3 days.
    • Bmth100
    • By Bmth100 20th Apr 12, 3:59 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    Bmth100
    159/120 target met!

Daily survey for me was based on energy drinks with a focus on red-bull. Shortly after being asked what kinds of cans you have seen in the shops (visual images with tickboxes) it moves onto demographic questions with a security question that asks you to tick a specific box from 1-5. Be careful you don't get it wrong or I think you'll be DQ.

Outstanding Credit
    May 1st 2016 £6,263.58
    • emmaglet
    • By emmaglet 20th Apr 12, 4:48 PM
    • 1,195 Posts
    • 8,564 Thanks
    emmaglet
    Oh yay, for the first time ever I've qualified for a survey of the day, instantly credited. Now on 123 for the day.
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida!
    • Bmth100
    • By Bmth100 20th Apr 12, 7:08 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    Bmth100
    59 bucks for a search: "search and win"

Outstanding Credit
    May 1st 2016 £6,263.58
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 20th Apr 12, 7:16 PM
    • 7,348 Posts
    • 11,098 Thanks
    cally6008
    "gimme a big win" ... doubles for 33

• mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 20th Apr 12, 7:20 PM
    • 1,513 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I can't get things like games to pay out. I play the game but don't get any SB. Same thing happens when they say to click on a video and watch it all to earn sb.
    • Bmth100
    • By Bmth100 20th Apr 12, 8:01 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 2,535 Thanks
    Bmth100
    Thanks to whoever posted that you can keep doing daily surveys until they run out! Thanks to this and a lucky search win, I'm on 450 after only claiming my second voucher last night.

Outstanding Credit
    May 1st 2016 £6,263.58
  • Toby_2012
    Hi Toby....these are tips i posted for someone yesterday, hope they help

Just did the 70sb survey, takes me to 169 today, 1733 in 5 days! Ordering my second voucher right now
    Originally posted by thatclaregirl
    Thanks for the advice!!!

I followed it and did a few survey's and I have now got 300 SB just from today!!!

It all seems a bit too good to be true - can't wait to get that first gift certificate!

Does anyone know how the referral thing works? I assumed that you just got a certain number of SB for a referral but it looks like somehow you earn when they do? - Any ideas???

Thanks,

Toby
  • camis
    Grr - was 2/3 through a daily survey and my laptop through a fit and lost it! Starting again and hoping I can get another one to accept me!
    £2,012 in 2012 # 219
    £1032 / £2,012 (as at 1/7)
  • bundance
    I joined swagbucks, but got dis-heartened because of the grossly dis-proportionate amount of time you need to spend on there to earn little money, far too slow.
    Shame

Does anyone else find this?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,590Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin