Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > The Swagbucks Challenge (Page 48)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Swagbucks Challenge
Closed Thread
Views: 422,035
# 941
shortstop
Old 20-04-2012, 1:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Really slow sb day today. DQ from all surveys in trusted surveys that I've tried.
So far today today I've got 60sb, thats from sbtv, daily pool, use of toolbar and a couple of good searches (11sb for one, 8 for another). Was searching for where to get flea treatments online for both searchs so came up lucky there. Also 2 for noso.
I'll keep going with tv and try a couple of games for a bit total is 543 and really wanna get my first voucher! Maybe I'm just impatient! Got 4 Birthdays and a wedding in May that I need to buy for and 2 birthdays and a wedding in June so every little helps to cut the cost down! They're all very close family/friends as well so really can't not get something! Just for the mse'rs out there I've budgetted for these birthday spends but if I can pay for them with vouchers instead, more can go in the savings!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shortstop For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 942
thatclaregirl
Old 20-04-2012, 1:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Sorry to hear that, slowish day for me too, there should be more swag codes at convenient times to all the world, most mornings they have expired by the time i've woken up.
Sealed Pot Challenge #333 - Every Penny Is A Prisoner!
Swagbucks (joined April 2012) 155 Amazon gift cards, 435 Paypal.
52 Week Money Challenge 2014 Wk4 - 10/1378
1000 miles walking in 2014 112/1000
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thatclaregirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 943
Purple fiend
Old 20-04-2012, 1:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have you tried any of the offers in Trial Pay, where the spend is 1? There is magazine subscriptions, snapfish photos, points is about 180 and the credit instantly after you have made payment. There is also Bigfish for $2.99, which converts to about 1.75, that was for over 600 points the last time I looked.

Look out for low spend offers on all walls and you can increase your points that way.
Make 10 a day in March - 182 / 310
The Following User Says Thank You to Purple fiend For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 944
Purple fiend
Old 20-04-2012, 1:59 PM
MoneySaving Convert

To the person asking about the SBTV Mobile having to reinstall to reset. I thought that I had to do that daily too, until recently.

Start it after 8 the following day, and once the first video is finished the meter bar will reset to 20% and you can carry on as normal.
Make 10 a day in March - 182 / 310
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple fiend For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 945
Dory78
Old 20-04-2012, 2:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple fiend View Post
To the person asking about the SBTV Mobile having to reinstall to reset. I thought that I had to do that daily too, until recently.

Start it after 8 the following day, and once the first video is finished the meter bar will reset to 20% and you can carry on as normal.
Unfortunately it doesn't do this on mine - it just continuely says daily limit reached and doesn't reset
The Following User Says Thank You to Dory78 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 946
Toby_2012
Old 20-04-2012, 3:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Blimey, you guys all seem to get loads of SB!

I signed up yesterday and am struggling to get many! My only real source of SB seems to be SawgTV!

And by the way, yes I have read the OP.

Any tips?!

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toby_2012 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 947
thatclaregirl
Old 20-04-2012, 3:19 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatclaregirl View Post
Trusted surveys...check back regularly as they will occasionally have one for you! Most are around 80-150 sb! Even if you're disqualified, you should get 1sb just for trying
Go to Special Offers, click peanut labs and there should be some questions for you to answer in order to take part in their surveys. When you've completed your questions there might well be some 60sb surveys
While you're on special offers, go to Supersonic. Check if there is a number next to the videos tab. If there is, click and watch!
Get your 10sb from playing games when you have the chance...2sb for every 2 games (make sure to send your score on each one)

And keep checking the main page for extra videos and offers

Do the daily survey for 70sb! If you're disqualified it will keep looking for a suitable survey....you SHOULD complete one eventually
Hi Toby....these are tips i posted for someone yesterday, hope they help

Just did the 70sb survey, takes me to 169 today, 1733 in 5 days! Ordering my second voucher right now
Sealed Pot Challenge #333 - Every Penny Is A Prisoner!
Swagbucks (joined April 2012) 155 Amazon gift cards, 435 Paypal.
52 Week Money Challenge 2014 Wk4 - 10/1378
1000 miles walking in 2014 112/1000
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatclaregirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 948
lizzie2579
Old 20-04-2012, 3:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Can someone explain the swag code please? Where do you find it? I think I'm still trying to get to grips with swagbucks, I really like it but I definitely don't earn as many as most people on here!
Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizzie2579 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 949
shortstop
Old 20-04-2012, 3:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm purposely not gonna try the picture ones as I have quite a few family weddings etc coming up in the next few weeks, so gonna wait and use them to print out any photos we really like and want to frame/give to family etc.
I don't think it would let me use the offers twice! I did think about the vista free t-shirt but postage is a bit on the high side for the amount of points you get so don't think it wuld b worth it in the end. (was gonna get a goofy type company one for hubby)
I don't think I've come across a mag subscription one so might g look for that as my subs is up fo renewal so that could be good.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortstop For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 950
cally6008
Old 20-04-2012, 3:49 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

today survey is out

if you get the cancer research one, end question requires post code in capital letters

target met 130./.120

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cally6008 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 951
NellyD
Old 20-04-2012, 3:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

WOO! I just redeemed my first Amazon voucher! Really impressed as I've only been swagging for 3 days.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NellyD For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 952
Bmth100
Old 20-04-2012, 3:59 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

159/120 target met!

Daily survey for me was based on energy drinks with a focus on red-bull. Shortly after being asked what kinds of cans you have seen in the shops (visual images with tickboxes) it moves onto demographic questions with a security question that asks you to tick a specific box from 1-5. Be careful you don't get it wrong or I think you'll be DQ.

Outstanding Credit & Cards - 3,931.86
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bmth100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 953
emmaglet
Old 20-04-2012, 4:48 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Oh yay, for the first time ever I've qualified for a survey of the day, instantly credited. Now on 123 for the day.
I like to make money
Best wins: 3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, 250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

Make 10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida!
The Following User Says Thank You to emmaglet For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 954
Bmth100
Old 20-04-2012, 7:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

59 bucks for a search: "search and win"

The Following User Says Thank You to Bmth100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 955
cally6008
Old 20-04-2012, 7:16 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

"gimme a big win" ... doubles for 33

The Following User Says Thank You to cally6008 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 956
mrsyardbroom
Old 20-04-2012, 7:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I can't get things like games to pay out. I play the game but don't get any SB. Same thing happens when they say to click on a video and watch it all to earn sb.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsyardbroom For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 957
Bmth100
Old 20-04-2012, 8:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks to whoever posted that you can keep doing daily surveys until they run out! Thanks to this and a lucky search win, I'm on 450 after only claiming my second voucher last night.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bmth100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 958
Toby_2012
Old 20-04-2012, 8:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatclaregirl View Post
Hi Toby....these are tips i posted for someone yesterday, hope they help

Just did the 70sb survey, takes me to 169 today, 1733 in 5 days! Ordering my second voucher right now
Thanks for the advice!!!

I followed it and did a few survey's and I have now got 300 SB just from today!!!

It all seems a bit too good to be true - can't wait to get that first gift certificate!

Does anyone know how the referral thing works? I assumed that you just got a certain number of SB for a referral but it looks like somehow you earn when they do? - Any ideas???

Thanks,

Toby
The Following User Says Thank You to Toby_2012 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 959
camis
Old 20-04-2012, 8:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Grr - was 2/3 through a daily survey and my laptop through a fit and lost it! Starting again and hoping I can get another one to accept me!
2,012 in 2012 # 219
1032 / 2,012 (as at 1/7)
The Following User Says Thank You to camis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 960
bundance
Old 20-04-2012, 8:49 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I joined swagbucks, but got dis-heartened because of the grossly dis-proportionate amount of time you need to spend on there to earn little money, far too slow.
Shame

Does anyone else find this?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bundance For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread