Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > The Swagbucks Challenge (Page 455)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Swagbucks Challenge
Closed Thread
Views: 421,458
# 9081
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 9:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cally6008 View Post
DAILY SURVEYS (FRONT PAGE VIA TOLUNA)

you are only allowed to COMPLETE and get PAID for ONE survey per day = 70sb

I am getting fed up of reading people's posts on here bragging about how many daily surveys they are completing
Well I'm sorry if that sounded like bragging that was not my intention

Last edited by RainbowChocolate; 18-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9082
cally6008
Old 18-08-2012, 9:48 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

See where the 70sb is ... click the little I that is next to it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cally6008 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9083
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 9:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:

See where the 70sb is ... click the little I that is next to it
Oh ok, thanks for pointing that out for me. This is the first time this happened and like I said before I didn't think it would work more than once but it did so that's why I kept trying but now I know better. I have removed my comment regarding this.

Last edited by RainbowChocolate; 18-08-2012 at 9:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9084
Torialou78
Old 18-08-2012, 9:58 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowChocolate View Post
Well I'm sorry if that sounded like bragging that was not my intention I was surprised myself that it worked more than once. When I don't qualify for one, it has a button that says try again and get 70 SB for it. =/ So today it worked for me 3 times but I did have to try again and again. =/
Dont worry hon, it's only your first week, mistakes happen. It's just people keep coming on and not reading the rules through before starting and the main mistake seems to be the daily survey. I do think it is not very clear, I know it's under the I but it's possible to miss. With the daily one you can keep trying until one credits but after one does you need to stop or they will end up with them shutting your account.

Hell till recently half of us were using an app that we were not supposed to because we did not know so we all make mistakes.

Have you read the first page of the thread and the do's and don't on swagbucks? If you have anything you need help with give a yell and don't get to put of by one mistake. xx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Torialou78 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9085
Sammie1987
Old 18-08-2012, 10:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Well my Daily goal today was 50... I am currently at 803 SB earned for the day so extremely happy with this...

Think I shall leave it for today now and see what target is tomorrow
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sammie1987 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9086
Alicarroll
Old 18-08-2012, 10:04 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Rainbow - I made the same mistake when I started back in June. I got so confused over what we could/couldn't do. It will all fall into place eventually

Good luck with the swagging
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alicarroll For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9087
Alicarroll
Old 18-08-2012, 10:07 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie1987 View Post
Well my Daily goal today was 50... I am currently at 803 SB earned for the day so extremely happy with this...

Think I shall leave it for today now and see what target is tomorrow
I would keep going if I were you, you only need another 46 for a 5 AGC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alicarroll For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9088
cally6008
Old 18-08-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torialou78 View Post
Hell till recently half of us were using an app that we were not supposed to because we did not know so we all make mistakes.

Have you read the first page of the thread and the do's and don't on swagbucks? If you have anything you need help with give a yell and don't get to put of by one mistake. xx
At least we were actually using a mobile phone app on a mobile phone to access sbtv

Some people, one of whom I know to be a member here, and several on the facebook page admit to using Bluestacks and say that it is not cheating

Bluestacks is an emulator that makes your computer think it is an android phone (or whatever the emulator programme is designed for) and people are using this to access the sbtv mobile app

Which in my mind is cheating more than what we were doing, at least ours was the proper app on a proper mobile phone etc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cally6008 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9089
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 10:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Dont worry hon, it's only your first week, mistakes happen. It's just people keep coming on and not reading the rules through before starting and the main mistake seems to be the daily survey. I do think it is not very clear, I know it's under the I but it's possible to miss. With the daily one you can keep trying until one credits but after one does you need to stop or they will end up with them shutting your account.

Thanks. That's understandable, must be annoying with all us newbies haha. Once I clicked on the daily survey link, the whole 'get 70 SB for every survey you complete' was my main temptation. Ah, I guess it was one of those 'too good to be true' type of things!

I have read the first page and the do's and don'ts but I must admit I didn't click the little 'i' for this particular thing until cally6008 pointed it out to me on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicarroll View Post
Rainbow - I made the same mistake when I started back in June. I got so confused over what we could/couldn't do. It will all fall into place eventually

Good luck with the swagging
I know now thanks to you guys you too!
# 9090
BeenieCat
Old 18-08-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
DAILY SURVEYS (FRONT PAGE VIA TOLUNA)

you are only allowed to COMPLETE and get PAID for ONE survey per day = 70sb

I am getting fed up of reading people's posts on here bragging about how many daily surveys they are completing
You only need to politely point it out if you are concerned and want to help people not to get banned. No need for the tone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BeenieCat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9091
firestronaut
Old 18-08-2012, 10:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Got an easy survey on epilepsy due to having the condition, hopefully one that'll make a difference too!
Starting debt: 3399.39 / Debt now: 2975.39
VSP Challenge 2012: 39.58/100 Crazy Clothes Challenge 2012: 3.00/150
2 savers club #20: 30
2012 earnings: 67.50
Long Haul DFW Supporter #204
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firestronaut For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9092
Torialou78
Old 18-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i don't see what we did as cheating really Cally, we all did it in good faith. It was an app and it downloaded and worked. Still missing mine only on 45 sb so far today sat hammering SBTV.

But yeh agree using something that isnt the real app on a phone is cheating because you know you are doing wrong. It's supposed to run on a phone if you do not have the phone then you should not be using it. The fact that we had not known it was usa only was in my mind a bobo lol. How long do we think before they get us the uk one? I am hoping for a iphone one this time as my iphone is better lol xx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Torialou78 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9093
Torialou78
Old 18-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

lol @ rainbow .... rule of thumb I think with swagbucks check and double check and if it looks to good to be true tripple check because they do shut accounts. Kinda admirable that you managed to sit through three in a row in a funny way lol, I would have been ready to kill the comp after all the DQ :-) xxx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torialou78 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9094
camis
Old 18-08-2012, 10:50 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Just back from a week's holiday - was hoping I might be able to get some searches while I was away but 'Swagbucks do not currently support searches in your country' (France). Ah well, managed to hit today's target and building SBs up for September as need to get new digital camera for when I start uni next month.
2,012 in 2012 # 219
1032 / 2,012 (as at 1/7)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9095
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 11:12 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
lol @ rainbow .... rule of thumb I think with swagbucks check and double check and if it looks to good to be true tripple check because they do shut accounts. Kinda admirable that you managed to sit through three in a row in a funny way lol, I would have been ready to kill the comp after all the DQ :-) xxx
Yeah they were actually really long and it was frustrating when in the progress bar you would see the % increasing by one or so after completing one question. Today was actually the first time I managed to complete a daily survey since I joined so that was my motivation, the other days I gave up after the DQs. I think I did one in the afternoon and the other two were in the evening so not all at once but yeah they were long and should be saved for one offs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9096
Exotic
Old 18-08-2012, 11:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

The whole business regarding the daily surveys still confuse me, I mean if you read the information from the (i) button, it states you may only complete 1 thinkaction survey per day; I also note that swagbucks isn't completely clear with how many you can complete, and they allow to do more?, strange...

Another interesting fact (when I used to complete lots per day) was I sent a ticket into swagbucks customer support, regarding non-crediting issues (still newbie at this time) and the support person highlighted from my account that I completed 4 surveys worth 70sb each all on the same day, the suppport person wrote nothing regarding I should only complete one per day.

So, after reading the posts here, it has made cut down by daily survey completion to just one, in fear of being banned. Perhaps they should clarify their rules regarding daily surveys, so we can all be sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exotic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9097
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 11:28 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic View Post
The whole business regarding the daily surveys still confuse me, I mean if you read the information from the (i) button, it states you may only complete 1 thinkaction survey per day; I also note that swagbucks isn't completely clear with how many you can complete, and they allow to do more?, strange...

Another interesting fact (when I used to complete lots per day) was I sent a ticket into swagbucks customer support, regarding non-crediting issues (still newbie at this time) and the support person highlighted from my account that I completed 4 surveys worth 70sb each all on the same day, the suppport person wrote nothing regarding I should only complete one per day.

So, after reading the posts here, it has made cut down by daily survey completion to just one, in fear of being banned. Perhaps they should clarify their rules regarding daily surveys, so we can all be sure.
If they did those things like they do on other surveys with a message saying something like 'You have already completed this survey' then it would be much clearer indeed.
# 9098
cally6008
Old 18-08-2012, 11:31 PM

1a - daily survey worth 70sb = can complete and get paid 70sb ONE per day, regardless of if you get paid straight away or not
1b - you can attempt as many as you want
1c - on the completed daily survey page, it does remind you that you can only complete ONE per day

Trusted surveys - you can do as many as you want

2a - Surveys on offer wall - you can do as many as you want
2b - check each offer wall as there may be restrictions such as ONE per day for that particular named survey

Last edited by cally6008; 18-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.
# 9099
Torialou78
Old 18-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Rainbow I barely ever qualify either, think it's 30's female must be popular swagbucks user or maybe cos I have no kids I dunno. But yep they are often so long I loost interest, I like surveys but 10-15 mins is my normal attention span for one before tv or something takes my attention.

Exotic I agree completely. I did email and ask but no one got back to me. maybe ask on facebook again. I do think they just mean daily survey by think action though. I think that is their name for the 70sb daily survey no matter who it comes from but it's hidden a little under the I and is not clear. Esp when it could mean account closed I think they should be REALLY clear xx
# 9100
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 11:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

There is a really easy task on right now (I'm guessing they are the same for everyone?). The one that is worth 10 SB where you simply have to search some things up on Google and answer a few questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread