Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    • 3,875Posts
    • 21,544Thanks
    fairyclicks
    The Swagbucks Challenge
    • 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    The Swagbucks Challenge 2nd Apr 12 at 2:48 PM
    This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month .

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

To make £25 a month via amazon vouchers on the site you will need to get to 4245 points (but you can claim a £5 voucher each time you get to 849 points)

To make £25 a month via paypal you will need to get approx 6000 points (the exchange rate varies as you claim in $5 payments or more). To cash out via paypal you need a minimum of 700 points.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
    NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
    Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
    SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
    Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
    Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
    Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
    Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
    Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
    Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

£5 Amazon Vouchers are the most cost efficient use of points for claiming and cost 849 points usually (sometimes there is a sale)

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.

$5 paypal payments = approx £3.07 but this changes daily with the currency exchange rates.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
    Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
    Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-08-2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it
Page 455
  • RainbowChocolate
    DAILY SURVEYS (FRONT PAGE VIA TOLUNA)

you are only allowed to COMPLETE and get PAID for ONE survey per day = 70sb

I am getting fed up of reading people's posts on here bragging about how many daily surveys they are completing
    Originally posted by cally6008
    Well I'm sorry if that sounded like bragging that was not my intention
    Last edited by RainbowChocolate; 18-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 18th Aug 12, 9:48 PM
    • 7,364 Posts
    • 11,115 Thanks
    cally6008

See where the 70sb is ... click the little I that is next to it

• RainbowChocolate

See where the 70sb is ... click the little I that is next to it
    Oh ok, thanks for pointing that out for me. This is the first time this happened and like I said before I didn't think it would work more than once but it did so that's why I kept trying but now I know better. I have removed my comment regarding this.
    Last edited by RainbowChocolate; 18-08-2012 at 9:59 PM.
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 18th Aug 12, 9:58 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 3,566 Thanks
    Torialou78
    Well I'm sorry if that sounded like bragging that was not my intention I was surprised myself that it worked more than once. When I don't qualify for one, it has a button that says try again and get 70 SB for it. =/ So today it worked for me 3 times but I did have to try again and again. =/
    Originally posted by RainbowChocolate
    Dont worry hon, it's only your first week, mistakes happen. It's just people keep coming on and not reading the rules through before starting and the main mistake seems to be the daily survey. I do think it is not very clear, I know it's under the I but it's possible to miss. With the daily one you can keep trying until one credits but after one does you need to stop or they will end up with them shutting your account.

Hell till recently half of us were using an app that we were not supposed to because we did not know so we all make mistakes.

Have you read the first page of the thread and the do's and don't on swagbucks? If you have anything you need help with give a yell and don't get to put of by one mistake. xx
  • Sammie1987
    Well my Daily goal today was 50... I am currently at 803 SB earned for the day so extremely happy with this...

Think I shall leave it for today now and see what target is tomorrow
  • Alicarroll
    Rainbow - I made the same mistake when I started back in June. I got so confused over what we could/couldn't do. It will all fall into place eventually

Good luck with the swagging
  • Alicarroll
    Well my Daily goal today was 50... I am currently at 803 SB earned for the day so extremely happy with this...

Think I shall leave it for today now and see what target is tomorrow
    Originally posted by Sammie1987
    I would keep going if I were you, you only need another 46 for a £5 AGC
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 18th Aug 12, 10:11 PM
    • 7,364 Posts
    • 11,115 Thanks
    cally6008
    Hell till recently half of us were using an app that we were not supposed to because we did not know so we all make mistakes.

Have you read the first page of the thread and the do's and don't on swagbucks? If you have anything you need help with give a yell and don't get to put of by one mistake. xx
    Originally posted by Torialou78
    At least we were actually using a mobile phone app on a mobile phone to access sbtv

Some people, one of whom I know to be a member here, and several on the facebook page admit to using Bluestacks and say that it is not cheating

Bluestacks is an emulator that makes your computer think it is an android phone (or whatever the emulator programme is designed for) and people are using this to access the sbtv mobile app

Which in my mind is cheating more than what we were doing, at least ours was the proper app on a proper mobile phone etc

• RainbowChocolate
    Dont worry hon, it's only your first week, mistakes happen. It's just people keep coming on and not reading the rules through before starting and the main mistake seems to be the daily survey. I do think it is not very clear, I know it's under the I but it's possible to miss. With the daily one you can keep trying until one credits but after one does you need to stop or they will end up with them shutting your account.

Thanks. That's understandable, must be annoying with all us newbies haha. Once I clicked on the daily survey link, the whole 'get 70 SB for every survey you complete' was my main temptation. Ah, I guess it was one of those 'too good to be true' type of things!

I have read the first page and the do's and don'ts but I must admit I didn't click the little 'i' for this particular thing until cally6008 pointed it out to me on this thread.

Rainbow - I made the same mistake when I started back in June. I got so confused over what we could/couldn't do. It will all fall into place eventually

Good luck with the swagging
    Originally posted by Alicarroll
    I know now thanks to you guys you too!
    • BeenieCat
    • By BeenieCat 18th Aug 12, 10:19 PM
    • 6,446 Posts
    • 25,393 Thanks
    BeenieCat
    DAILY SURVEYS (FRONT PAGE VIA TOLUNA)

you are only allowed to COMPLETE and get PAID for ONE survey per day = 70sb

I am getting fed up of reading people's posts on here bragging about how many daily surveys they are completing
    You only need to politely point it out if you are concerned and want to help people not to get banned. No need for the tone.

• firestronaut
    Got an easy survey on epilepsy due to having the condition, hopefully one that'll make a difference too!
    Starting debt: 3399.39 / Debt now: 2975.39
    VSP Challenge 2012: £39.58/£100 Crazy Clothes Challenge 2012: £3.00/£150
    £2 savers club #20: £30
    2012 earnings: £67.50
    Long Haul DFW Supporter #204
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 18th Aug 12, 10:32 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 3,566 Thanks
    Torialou78
    i don't see what we did as cheating really Cally, we all did it in good faith. It was an app and it downloaded and worked. Still missing mine only on 45 sb so far today sat hammering SBTV.

But yeh agree using something that isnt the real app on a phone is cheating because you know you are doing wrong. It's supposed to run on a phone if you do not have the phone then you should not be using it. The fact that we had not known it was usa only was in my mind a bobo lol. How long do we think before they get us the uk one? I am hoping for a iphone one this time as my iphone is better lol xx
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 18th Aug 12, 10:35 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 3,566 Thanks
    Torialou78
    lol @ rainbow .... rule of thumb I think with swagbucks check and double check and if it looks to good to be true tripple check because they do shut accounts. Kinda admirable that you managed to sit through three in a row in a funny way lol, I would have been ready to kill the comp after all the DQ :-) xxx
  • camis
    Just back from a week's holiday - was hoping I might be able to get some searches while I was away but 'Swagbucks do not currently support searches in your country' (France). Ah well, managed to hit today's target and building SBs up for September as need to get new digital camera for when I start uni next month.
    £2,012 in 2012 # 219
    £1032 / £2,012 (as at 1/7)
  • RainbowChocolate
    lol @ rainbow .... rule of thumb I think with swagbucks check and double check and if it looks to good to be true tripple check because they do shut accounts. Kinda admirable that you managed to sit through three in a row in a funny way lol, I would have been ready to kill the comp after all the DQ :-) xxx
    Yeah they were actually really long and it was frustrating when in the progress bar you would see the % increasing by one or so after completing one question. Today was actually the first time I managed to complete a daily survey since I joined so that was my motivation, the other days I gave up after the DQs. I think I did one in the afternoon and the other two were in the evening so not all at once but yeah they were long and should be saved for one offs.
  • Exotic
    The whole business regarding the daily surveys still confuse me, I mean if you read the information from the (i) button, it states you may only complete 1 thinkaction survey per day; I also note that swagbucks isn't completely clear with how many you can complete, and they allow to do more?, strange...

Another interesting fact (when I used to complete lots per day) was I sent a ticket into swagbucks customer support, regarding non-crediting issues (still newbie at this time) and the support person highlighted from my account that I completed 4 surveys worth 70sb each all on the same day, the suppport person wrote nothing regarding I should only complete one per day.

So, after reading the posts here, it has made cut down by daily survey completion to just one, in fear of being banned. Perhaps they should clarify their rules regarding daily surveys, so we can all be sure.
  • RainbowChocolate
    The whole business regarding the daily surveys still confuse me, I mean if you read the information from the (i) button, it states you may only complete 1 thinkaction survey per day; I also note that swagbucks isn't completely clear with how many you can complete, and they allow to do more?, strange...

Another interesting fact (when I used to complete lots per day) was I sent a ticket into swagbucks customer support, regarding non-crediting issues (still newbie at this time) and the support person highlighted from my account that I completed 4 surveys worth 70sb each all on the same day, the suppport person wrote nothing regarding I should only complete one per day.

So, after reading the posts here, it has made cut down by daily survey completion to just one, in fear of being banned. Perhaps they should clarify their rules regarding daily surveys, so we can all be sure.
    Originally posted by Exotic
    If they did those things like they do on other surveys with a message saying something like 'You have already completed this survey' then it would be much clearer indeed.
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 18th Aug 12, 11:31 PM
    • 7,364 Posts
    • 11,115 Thanks
    cally6008
    1a - daily survey worth 70sb = can complete and get paid 70sb ONE per day, regardless of if you get paid straight away or not
    1b - you can attempt as many as you want
    1c - on the completed daily survey page, it does remind you that you can only complete ONE per day

Trusted surveys - you can do as many as you want

2a - Surveys on offer wall - you can do as many as you want
    2b - check each offer wall as there may be restrictions such as ONE per day for that particular named survey
    Last edited by cally6008; 18-08-2012 at 11:33 PM.

• Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 18th Aug 12, 11:32 PM
    • 1,278 Posts
    • 3,566 Thanks
    Torialou78
    Rainbow I barely ever qualify either, think it's 30's female must be popular swagbucks user or maybe cos I have no kids I dunno. But yep they are often so long I loost interest, I like surveys but 10-15 mins is my normal attention span for one before tv or something takes my attention.

Exotic I agree completely. I did email and ask but no one got back to me. maybe ask on facebook again. I do think they just mean daily survey by think action though. I think that is their name for the 70sb daily survey no matter who it comes from but it's hidden a little under the I and is not clear. Esp when it could mean account closed I think they should be REALLY clear xx
  • RainbowChocolate
    There is a really easy task on right now (I'm guessing they are the same for everyone?). The one that is worth 10 SB where you simply have to search some things up on Google and answer a few questions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

6,046Users online

Martin's Twitter