Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > The Swagbucks Challenge (Page 453)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Swagbucks Challenge
Closed Thread
Views: 417,468
# 9041
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 1:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyardbroom View Post
I did one about DIY and they said I'd be paid next week. I hope they're right but I'm not holding my breath.
I did a few which said I would be credited within a few hours, didn't happen of course.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9042
cherrybomb
Old 18-08-2012, 2:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I've only been on SB for a few days, but I find it really hard to make my daily target, does anyone else find it difficult?
Debt Free thanks to the CAB!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cherrybomb For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9043
janeken
Old 18-08-2012, 3:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowChocolate View Post
It's so annoying when I am not eligible for those trusted surveys yesterday I missed out on a few that were worth 50 SB each and today another 100 SB!
I rarely get that far with Trusted Surveys. Most times I try I get the message that none are available. I'm wondering if it something to do with my computer's settings. Or perhaps I am in the most common demographic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janeken For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9044
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 3:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeken View Post
I rarely get that far with Trusted Surveys. Most times I try I get the message that none are available. I'm wondering if it something to do with my computer's settings. Or perhaps I am in the most common demographic.
I clicked on the Daily Survey today only to be told 'sorry there are no surveys available - please try again tomorrow'. I sometimes go for days without getting a Trusted Survey but then seem to get one each day. I got 4 yesterday but got DQd from them all because the quota had been met. I don't think it's computer settings, I just think that it's demographics - but who knows
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9045
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 3:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb View Post
I've only been on SB for a few days, but I find it really hard to make my daily target, does anyone else find it difficult?
Hey there I have only joined a few days ago too and I am also struggling to get SB. Occasionally I have found some surveys that give you quite a lot SB and then there are others that either don't credit you or don't work at all. I think you should just keep trying them. Sometimes you can repeat the same survey on a different day for some reason!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9046
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 3:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeken View Post
Yes I think it may be to do with how quickly you do the survey once it gets published. There was one that worked for me probably because I kept checking the Trusted Surveys page every few minutes and a simply survey appeared on it haha.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9047
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb View Post
I only joined in July and found it difficult at first, but I learned a lot from the posts on here. I don't know if you have looked, but on the very first page is a useful list of things to do to earn your SBs. Keep persevering and all of a sudden things seem to click into place. So far I have managed to hit my target every day this month but today, for example, I am struggling to exceed it - only got 55SBs (weekends always seem to be slow going). Surveys are the easiest way to earn bucks, but it can be a bit hit and miss (and frustrating when you get DQd). Don't give up and good luck - and if you are unsure about anything specific, then Swaggers on here will always try to answer your questions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9048
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Yes I think it may be to do with how quickly you do the survey once it gets published. There was one that worked for me probably because I kept checking the Trusted Surveys page every few minutes and a simply survey appeared on it haha.
I agree - I didn't check Trusted Surveys yesterday until evening. I got really excited when there were 4, but then got DQd for all of them because they had reached their quota
# 9049
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 3:59 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshorse View Post
I agree - I didn't check Trusted Surveys yesterday until evening. I got really excited when there were 4, but then got DQd for all of them because they had reached their quota
Those were probably the same 4 that I couldn't do either! They were all worth 50 SB and I too was excited. They all had met their required number of participants. After I kept checking another one popped up which was worth 88 SB so I was happy about that one.
# 9050
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Those were probably the same 4 that I couldn't do either! They were all worth 50 SB and I too was excited. They all had met their required number of participants. After I kept checking another one popped up which was worth 88 SB so I was happy about that one.
Wish I had kept on checking - I will in future. I wonder how many I have missed because I have not checked often enough, although thinking about it, I would assume that once they are on your page they will stay there until you try to complete them - not too sure about that. Congrats for getting the 88 SB
# 9051
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 4:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have now done about 7 daily surveys or so only told be that the quota has been met or that I didn't qualify. I think there is some sort of strategy involved by those who make these surveys. If the quota or whatever has already been met then why are we still able to take those surveys? I reckon it's some sort of trick to get our opinion for free anyway...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RainbowChocolate For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9052
RainbowChocolate
Old 18-08-2012, 4:08 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshorse View Post
Wish I had kept on checking - I will in future. I wonder how many I have missed because I have not checked often enough, although thinking about it, I would assume that once they are on your page they will stay there until you try to complete them - not too sure about that. Congrats for getting the 88 SB
Thanks I don't think they disappear once they are on there but it's all about whether we still qualify for them/whether the quota has been met or not. It's very frustrating when that happens. It's happening to me right now with the daily surveys.
# 9053
kiss_me_now9
Old 18-08-2012, 4:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

On 212 so far today and got a few PL surveys to do, great as I've just spent the 20 AGC I had on a new filofax
No. 20 in the VSPC, No. 1427 in the sealed pot challenge. (Pot opening date: 01/07/2013)
Psychology graduate, hopeful OT student in the next few years!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiss_me_now9 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9054
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss_me_now9 View Post
On 212 so far today and got a few PL surveys to do, great as I've just spent the 20 AGC I had on a new filofax
Well done - that's fantastic. I'm saving all my AGC for Christmas
# 9055
Apple Crumble
Old 18-08-2012, 4:29 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I was getting bored of my background...

Sometimes I just love Swagbucks
Neobux earnings since 10/03/13: 9514
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apple Crumble For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9056
frooglefraggle
Old 18-08-2012, 4:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Yey 202 points so far today still haven't hit the SBTV/games and have 3 surveys to do with peanut labs.... trying for 300 points today

Starting to get into the swing of things maybe i will be cashing in my 100 voucher before 27th January at this rate!
2014 in 2014 =at a loss! OMG
Make 10.00 a day Feb 0/280.00
Grocery Challenge Feb 37.41
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frooglefraggle For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9057
kiss_me_now9
Old 18-08-2012, 4:37 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Crumble View Post
I was getting bored of my background...

Sometimes I just love Swagbucks
Great I never get big searches, biggest I've ever got is 14SB
No. 20 in the VSPC, No. 1427 in the sealed pot challenge. (Pot opening date: 01/07/2013)
Psychology graduate, hopeful OT student in the next few years!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiss_me_now9 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9058
Apple Crumble
Old 18-08-2012, 4:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss_me_now9 View Post
Great I never get big searches, biggest I've ever got is 14SB
I rarely do myself and I never ever do on mega bucks Fridays except last night when I got a 28. I almost had a heart attack
Neobux earnings since 10/03/13: 9514
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple Crumble For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9059
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Crumble View Post
I rarely do myself and I never ever do on mega bucks Fridays except last night when I got a 28. I almost had a heart attack
Congratulations - that's fantastic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9060
paulshorse
Old 18-08-2012, 5:12 PM

Just managed to complete an Ampario survey on Paymentwall for 55 SB that credited - only the second time I every managed to get accepted for an Ampario survey. Started to panic a bit because it froze when I had almost completed it, but then it moved on I'm struggling with a migraine so I'm going to give SB a rest for a few hours. Good luck everyone
Closed Thread