Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    • 3,603Posts
    • 20,017Thanks
    fairyclicks
    The Swagbucks Challenge
    • 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    The Swagbucks Challenge 2nd Apr 12 at 2:48 PM
    This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month .

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

To make £25 a month via amazon vouchers on the site you will need to get to 4245 points (but you can claim a £5 voucher each time you get to 849 points)

To make £25 a month via paypal you will need to get approx 6000 points (the exchange rate varies as you claim in $5 payments or more). To cash out via paypal you need a minimum of 700 points.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
    NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
    Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
    SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
    Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
    Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
    Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
    Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
    Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
    Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

£5 Amazon Vouchers are the most cost efficient use of points for claiming and cost 849 points usually (sometimes there is a sale)

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.

$5 paypal payments = approx £3.07 but this changes daily with the currency exchange rates.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
    Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
    Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-08-2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £992.43/£10,000
    Mortgage to Zero: £52,929.64

Feb Earnings: £596.99/£500
Page 453
  • RainbowChocolate
    I did one about DIY and they said I'd be paid next week. I hope they're right but I'm not holding my breath.
    Originally posted by mrsyardbroom
    I did a few which said I would be credited within a few hours, didn't happen of course.
  • cherrybomb
    I've only been on SB for a few days, but I find it really hard to make my daily target, does anyone else find it difficult?
    Debt Free thanks to the CAB!!
    • janeken
    • By janeken 18th Aug 12, 3:30 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 490 Thanks
    janeken
    It's so annoying when I am not eligible for those trusted surveys yesterday I missed out on a few that were worth 50 SB each and today another 100 SB!
    Originally posted by RainbowChocolate
    I rarely get that far with Trusted Surveys. Most times I try I get the message that none are available. I'm wondering if it something to do with my computer's settings. Or perhaps I am in the most common demographic.
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 3:39 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    I rarely get that far with Trusted Surveys. Most times I try I get the message that none are available. I'm wondering if it something to do with my computer's settings. Or perhaps I am in the most common demographic.
    Originally posted by janeken
    I clicked on the Daily Survey today only to be told 'sorry there are no surveys available - please try again tomorrow'. I sometimes go for days without getting a Trusted Survey but then seem to get one each day. I got 4 yesterday but got DQd from them all because the quota had been met. I don't think it's computer settings, I just think that it's demographics - but who knows
  • RainbowChocolate
    I've only been on SB for a few days, but I find it really hard to make my daily target, does anyone else find it difficult?
    Originally posted by cherrybomb
    Hey there I have only joined a few days ago too and I am also struggling to get SB. Occasionally I have found some surveys that give you quite a lot SB and then there are others that either don't credit you or don't work at all. I think you should just keep trying them. Sometimes you can repeat the same survey on a different day for some reason!
  • RainbowChocolate
    Originally posted by janeken
    Yes I think it may be to do with how quickly you do the survey once it gets published. There was one that worked for me probably because I kept checking the Trusted Surveys page every few minutes and a simply survey appeared on it haha.
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 3:49 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Originally posted by cherrybomb
    I only joined in July and found it difficult at first, but I learned a lot from the posts on here. I don't know if you have looked, but on the very first page is a useful list of things to do to earn your SBs. Keep persevering and all of a sudden things seem to click into place. So far I have managed to hit my target every day this month but today, for example, I am struggling to exceed it - only got 55SBs (weekends always seem to be slow going). Surveys are the easiest way to earn bucks, but it can be a bit hit and miss (and frustrating when you get DQd). Don't give up and good luck - and if you are unsure about anything specific, then Swaggers on here will always try to answer your questions
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 3:51 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Yes I think it may be to do with how quickly you do the survey once it gets published. There was one that worked for me probably because I kept checking the Trusted Surveys page every few minutes and a simply survey appeared on it haha.
    I agree - I didn't check Trusted Surveys yesterday until evening. I got really excited when there were 4, but then got DQd for all of them because they had reached their quota
  • RainbowChocolate
    I agree - I didn't check Trusted Surveys yesterday until evening. I got really excited when there were 4, but then got DQd for all of them because they had reached their quota
    Originally posted by paulshorse
    Those were probably the same 4 that I couldn't do either! They were all worth 50 SB and I too was excited. They all had met their required number of participants. After I kept checking another one popped up which was worth 88 SB so I was happy about that one.
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 4:05 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Those were probably the same 4 that I couldn't do either! They were all worth 50 SB and I too was excited. They all had met their required number of participants. After I kept checking another one popped up which was worth 88 SB so I was happy about that one.
    Wish I had kept on checking - I will in future. I wonder how many I have missed because I have not checked often enough, although thinking about it, I would assume that once they are on your page they will stay there until you try to complete them - not too sure about that. Congrats for getting the 88 SB
  • RainbowChocolate
    I have now done about 7 daily surveys or so only told be that the quota has been met or that I didn't qualify. I think there is some sort of strategy involved by those who make these surveys. If the quota or whatever has already been met then why are we still able to take those surveys? I reckon it's some sort of trick to get our opinion for free anyway...
  • RainbowChocolate
    Wish I had kept on checking - I will in future. I wonder how many I have missed because I have not checked often enough, although thinking about it, I would assume that once they are on your page they will stay there until you try to complete them - not too sure about that. Congrats for getting the 88 SB
    Originally posted by paulshorse
    Thanks I don't think they disappear once they are on there but it's all about whether we still qualify for them/whether the quota has been met or not. It's very frustrating when that happens. It's happening to me right now with the daily surveys.
    • kiss_me_now9
    • By kiss_me_now9 18th Aug 12, 4:09 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 2,552 Thanks
    kiss_me_now9
    On 212 so far today and got a few PL surveys to do, great as I've just spent the £20 AGC I had on a new filofax
    Masters saving fund: £6000/£7,500
    Tesco CC: £431.25 £40
    Etsy store:
    Rainy day pot in full swing
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 4:15 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    On 212 so far today and got a few PL surveys to do, great as I've just spent the £20 AGC I had on a new filofax
    Originally posted by kiss_me_now9
    Well done - that's fantastic. I'm saving all my AGC for Christmas
    • Apple Crumble
    • By Apple Crumble 18th Aug 12, 4:29 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 6,281 Thanks
    Apple Crumble
    I was getting bored of my background...

" target="_blank">
    Sometimes I just love Swagbucks
    • frooglefraggle
    • By frooglefraggle 18th Aug 12, 4:32 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 1,105 Thanks
    frooglefraggle
    Yey 202 points so far today still haven't hit the SBTV/games and have 3 surveys to do with peanut labs.... trying for 300 points today

Starting to get into the swing of things maybe i will be cashing in my 100 voucher before 27th January at this rate!
    Starting Debt October 2015. Vs paid off and percentage
    C/c1 c1: £1150.00/ 0.00 C/c t: £1300.00/0.00
    C/c l: £2000.00/0.00 Aj :£210/0.00 Loan l £3200/0.00
    Total £ 7860/0.00
    • kiss_me_now9
    • By kiss_me_now9 18th Aug 12, 4:37 PM
    • 1,019 Posts
    • 2,552 Thanks
    kiss_me_now9
    I was getting bored of my background...

" target="_blank">
    Sometimes I just love Swagbucks
    Originally posted by Apple Crumble
    Great I never get big searches, biggest I've ever got is 14SB
    Masters saving fund: £6000/£7,500
    Tesco CC: £431.25 £40
    Etsy store:
    Rainy day pot in full swing
    • Apple Crumble
    • By Apple Crumble 18th Aug 12, 4:40 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 6,281 Thanks
    Apple Crumble
    Great I never get big searches, biggest I've ever got is 14SB
    Originally posted by kiss_me_now9
    I rarely do myself and I never ever do on mega bucks Fridays except last night when I got a 28. I almost had a heart attack
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 5:04 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    I rarely do myself and I never ever do on mega bucks Fridays except last night when I got a 28. I almost had a heart attack
    Originally posted by Apple Crumble
    Congratulations - that's fantastic.
    • paulshorse
    • By paulshorse 18th Aug 12, 5:12 PM
    • 3,341 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    paulshorse
    Just managed to complete an Ampario survey on Paymentwall for 55 SB that credited - only the second time I every managed to get accepted for an Ampario survey. Started to panic a bit because it froze when I had almost completed it, but then it moved on I'm struggling with a migraine so I'm going to give SB a rest for a few hours. Good luck everyone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,809Posts Today

9,449Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The new personal savings allowance - here's how it works... https://t.co/mW8Lc6cXZ2

• Just heard @RichardJLloyd is stepping down as Exec Director of Which? He's been a brilliant ambassador for them, shame for the organisation

• M'weekly email: 6% tax free, BIG freebies, marriage tax, Sky code, Starbucks241, Touche Eclat£15, 40mth0%, Valentine https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin