Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairyclicks
    • By fairyclicks 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    • 3,875Posts
    • 21,539Thanks
    fairyclicks
    The Swagbucks Challenge
    • 2nd Apr 12, 2:48 PM
    The Swagbucks Challenge 2nd Apr 12 at 2:48 PM
    This challenge is simple, its about using the site called swagbucks to make yourself some money.

Swagbucks is one of several get paid to sites that i use but it one of my favourites, and i know for a fact that you can earn £25 a month by using the site because i do so nearly every month .

If you haven't used a get paid to site before, it just means that you can earn either points or cash from completing certain actions on the site. Swagbucks offers many ways, such as surveys, videos, tasks, polls, games, competitions.......lots of things really.

To make £25 a month via amazon vouchers on the site you will need to get to 4245 points (but you can claim a £5 voucher each time you get to 849 points)

To make £25 a month via paypal you will need to get approx 6000 points (the exchange rate varies as you claim in $5 payments or more). To cash out via paypal you need a minimum of 700 points.

Although i can't post an exact guide to earning on the site (cos they wouldn't like that too much!) i hope to be able to give some hints and tips, and maybe even get some new ones myself!

So if you would like to take part in the challenge and increase your income by 300+ a year then feel free to join me

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
    NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
    Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
    SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
    Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
    Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
    Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
    Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
    Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
    Games - play games for free - "SB awarded for every 2 completed and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

£5 Amazon Vouchers are the most cost efficient use of points for claiming and cost 849 points usually (sometimes there is a sale)

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.

$5 paypal payments = approx £3.07 but this changes daily with the currency exchange rates.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
    Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
    Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 21-08-2012 at 1:29 PM.
    Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread Next goals:
    Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
    Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
    Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it
Page 286
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 11th Jul 12, 2:10 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    Torialou78
    5 offers not credited now and some of them the ones you guys listed. Just done what they suggested and borrowed my dad's window laptop. two offers on there and neither credited. :-( sick of it all. Gotta write to them all YET again and send the screen shots. I just do not know what is the matter. I wrote to all walls an only peanut labs offered to help. Swagbucks ignored my message. You would think they would want to help. Going to message them again.
    • killerpeaty
    • By killerpeaty 11th Jul 12, 2:23 PM
    • 1,352 Posts
    • 4,852 Thanks
    killerpeaty
    Tori I'm sorry : ( I don't have that much experience with the offers : (

Does anyone else have problems with trusted surveys? It's just not loading at all.
    Aims for 2015: Complete up to AAT level 4, save 7k and just be better!
    • noobie73
    • By noobie73 11th Jul 12, 2:25 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 410 Thanks
    noobie73
    Business name task is hella boring!
    • mooomin
    • By mooomin 11th Jul 12, 2:26 PM
    • 13,655 Posts
    • 134,507 Thanks
    mooomin
    Maybe this will help you...
    How to Access Blocked Websites with Opera Portable

It's quite easy to bypass any blocked sites with opera, even if your ISP has blocked a site (eg. thepiratebay).

Ohhh, dear, I slept in so late today! I was woken up by my dad coming in from work! O.o
    Originally posted by FizzS
    Sadly because of the industry I work in, bypassing the internal security gubbins is gross misconduct and a sackable offence As I'm currently waiting to be paid off (redundancy) I don't want to jeopardise it for a few SBs Will just have to watch a lot of SBTV when I get home!
    Comping again

Wins this year: - two night trip to Belgium, £100 Gett taxi credit, tickets to Newcastle game, FIFA 2016 for PS4, stitch markers, Cumberstitching book
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 11th Jul 12, 2:31 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    Torialou78
    Yeh my trusted is just going around saying searching has been all morning to hon. OK guys found one credited for me.

PL - Uprising empires game. only 17sb but every little helps :-)

Slow day for me :-( xx
    • Torialou78
    • By Torialou78 11th Jul 12, 2:32 PM
    • 1,276 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    Torialou78
    ooooo two videos under trial pay guys. Never noticed videos on there before x

Have to watch on an android phone :-/ hmmm lol not sure having a go x
    Last edited by Torialou78; 11-07-2012 at 2:33 PM. Reason: update
    • misssarahleigh
    • By misssarahleigh 11th Jul 12, 2:39 PM
    • 2,824 Posts
    • 3,121 Thanks
    misssarahleigh
    Maybe this will help you...
    How to Access Blocked Websites with Opera Portable

It's quite easy to bypass any blocked sites with opera, even if your ISP has blocked a site (eg. thepiratebay).

Ohhh, dear, I slept in so late today! I was woken up by my dad coming in from work! O.o
    Originally posted by FizzS
    I hot you link. SB isn't blocked but our network is german and advertising is blocked so I can do the daily poll and thats about it lol

This is the message I've got

Auf Grund der Zugangsregeln Ihres Unternehmens wurde der Zugriff auf diese Website ( http://www.hackinguniversity.in/2011/05/access-blocked-websites-with-opera.html ) gesperrt, da die Webkategorie "Hacking" nicht zulässig ist.
    Wenn Sie Fragen haben, kontaktieren Sie bitte your corporate network administrator

I'm naughty lol
    I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
  • teabythesea
    Zzzzzz, just done a homebase survey, soooooo boring
  • lms81
    Was really struggling to make the target today but just did a PL survey on radio stations which was worth 60SB. Only took me 2 mins then said "sorry, quota in your area is full" or something but still creditted me. Very pleased. Also did the LOTR thing without actually installing it and got 27 SB.
    • marieukxx
    • By marieukxx 11th Jul 12, 3:18 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    marieukxx
    Tori I'm sorry : ( I don't have that much experience with the offers : (

Does anyone else have problems with trusted surveys? It's just not loading at all.
    Originally posted by killerpeaty
    Yes mine isn't loading and when it eventually did once and I clicked the survey it said error and now the survey is gone.
    Swagbucks - £150 / Dooyoo - £20
    My Survey - £10 / NMA - £5 / IPSOS - £10
    MY GOAL TO ACHIEVE BY XMAS:
    New 42" Full HD LCD TV - £324.98
    TV Stand - £47.85 - Purchased
    Total still needed minus vouchers earned £372.83 £177.83
    • kayester
    • By kayester 11th Jul 12, 3:19 PM
    • 1,781 Posts
    • 9,247 Thanks
    kayester
    got 400 yesterday and have 301 so far today and lots of hours left =D
    Debt free and proud
    2015 is for saving
    • marieukxx
    • By marieukxx 11th Jul 12, 3:28 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    marieukxx
    Is anyone else having trouble with Sawgbucks tv and swagbucks mobile? The tv keeps stopping and takes forever to finish the past few days. i click the next when the meter moves up but was just wondering if anyone else is the same.

Also swagbucks mobile keeps buffering and taking ages and then freezing. I keep having to watch it now and restart.
    Swagbucks - £150 / Dooyoo - £20
    My Survey - £10 / NMA - £5 / IPSOS - £10
    MY GOAL TO ACHIEVE BY XMAS:
    New 42" Full HD LCD TV - £324.98
    TV Stand - £47.85 - Purchased
    Total still needed minus vouchers earned £372.83 £177.83
    • kayester
    • By kayester 11th Jul 12, 3:32 PM
    • 1,781 Posts
    • 9,247 Thanks
    kayester
    i dont use the mobile one but my sbtv has been working fine
    Debt free and proud
    2015 is for saving
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 11th Jul 12, 3:35 PM
    • 4,148 Posts
    • 7,916 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Getting frustrated with the daily survey..........completed almost 3 for the screen to then go to that stupid cache thing.

Will try again later.

Hey Ho......back to ironing and clicking the SBTV (which is working fine for me)
    Make £10 a Day Challenge Jan £251.40 Feb £146.27/Mar £147.90/ April £198.69/May £69.61/June £172.84/July £116.22
    Mortgage Dec 2015..£65,800 Jan 2016 £64,248/Feb £63,623/March £62,958/Apr £62,321/May 61,712/June £61,100/Jul 60,447
    Overpayments...£900.54
    Grow Your own Dinner 2016 money saved £25.00 Bounts £20
    • mrsyardbroom
    • By mrsyardbroom 11th Jul 12, 3:37 PM
    • 1,512 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    mrsyardbroom
    I was just wondering what the Peanut Labs surveys were, and where you can find them? I'm also having difficulty with the website, the NOSO part is showing as blank for me and also when I try and watch the videos on the homepage (the ones that say earn 1SB) they pop up in a blank box and nothing loads?
    You can find Peanut Labs by clicking on the tab that says "Earn" and going to the special offers. Peanut Labs is one of the tabs on that page. When they have a survey available it's generally at the top of their page. The surveys aren't available all the time.
    You may not have a flash player or shock wave installed on your browser. Try using something different. Google Chrome works well with Swagbucks.
    • Nicolay
    • By Nicolay 11th Jul 12, 3:50 PM
    • 450 Posts
    • 15,630 Thanks
    Nicolay
    You can find Peanut Labs by clicking on the tab that says "Earn" and going to the special offers. Peanut Labs is one of the tabs on that page. When they have a survey available it's generally at the top of their page. The surveys aren't available all the time.
    You may not have a flash player or shock wave installed on your browser. Try using something different. Google Chrome works well with Swagbucks.
    Originally posted by mrsyardbroom
    Thank you! Can you only do one PL survery a day or as many as are there?

• kayester
    • By kayester 11th Jul 12, 3:52 PM
    • 1,781 Posts
    • 9,247 Thanks
    kayester
    Thank you! Can you only do one PL survery a day or as many as are there?
    Originally posted by Nicolay
    as many as it lets you
    Debt free and proud
    2015 is for saving
    • kayester
    • By kayester 11th Jul 12, 4:04 PM
    • 1,781 Posts
    • 9,247 Thanks
    kayester
    my trusted surveys just keep saying loading....is anyone elses working?
    Debt free and proud
    2015 is for saving
  • teabythesea
    Really chuffed, cashed out £5agc earlier, now on 651sb
    • Rosie
    • By Rosie 11th Jul 12, 4:10 PM
    • 1,598 Posts
    • 8,344 Thanks
    Rosie
    Just cashed out for another £5 amazon voucher.
    Jan £10 a day £377.55/£310
    Feb £10 a day £308.13/£290
    Mar £10 a day £473.79/£310
    Apr £10 a day £632.55/£300
    May £10 a day £527.46/£310
    Jun £10 a day £595.77/£300
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

751Posts Today

5,247Users online

Martin's Twitter