Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > The Swagbucks Challenge (Page 154)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Swagbucks Challenge
Closed Thread
Views: 420,474
# 3061
misssarahleigh
Old 13-06-2012, 7:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smits View Post
I'm still undecided on whether to get 9p more per 100 points and switch to amazon. At the moment i'm just doing the £10 paypal because i prefer the cash.
I think it depends on circumstance. I'm saving in my amazon account to pay for things when I eventually have enough money to move out (hopefully before I hit 30 lol) so will have plenty to spend it on (hopefully a nice TV).

But if £25 a month in amazon vouchers isn't going to be any use to you (maybe for xmas?) than obviously it's not worth it.
I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misssarahleigh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3062
marieukxx
Old 13-06-2012, 7:38 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Did the person who posted recently that they claimed for £100 paypal get that yet? I'm interested to know as it was such a big amount. I worry I wouldn't get it after all that hard work.

Has anyone else claimed the £100?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marieukxx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3063
marieukxx
Old 13-06-2012, 7:39 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssarahleigh View Post
I think it depends on circumstance. I'm saving in my amazon account to pay for things when I eventually have enough money to move out (hopefully before I hit 30 lol) so will have plenty to spend it on (hopefully a nice TV).

But if £25 a month in amazon vouchers isn't going to be any use to you (maybe for xmas?) than obviously it's not worth it.
I'm saving for a new tv. Mine is on the blink and has been for months.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marieukxx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3064
Steer100
Old 13-06-2012, 7:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieukxx View Post
Did the person who posted recently that they claimed for £100 paypal get that yet? I'm interested to know as it was such a big amount. I worry I wouldn't get it after all that hard work.

I feel rude but I can't remember their name, but yes they finally got it. I also remember them saying they doubt they will wait that long again though
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steer100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3065
marieukxx
Old 13-06-2012, 7:56 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steer100 View Post
I feel rude but I can't remember their name, but yes they finally got it. I also remember them saying they doubt they will wait that long again though
ahh thanks, yeah I dont know if I will wait that long. Might start going for the £25 vouchers for amazon. I like seeing it mount up in my amazon account plus it stops me spending it as it's just for my tv
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marieukxx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3066
linz
Old 13-06-2012, 8:08 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Personally I prefer saving for Amazon vouchers, as others have said it's good to get Christmas presents with, especially if you keep your eye on the grabbit board as well. I've done a lot of my shopping already thanks to SB and have also just got a £220 surround sound system for £80, again thanks to SB. But some people prefer the cash in paypal. I think the margins slightly favour the £5 Amazon vouchers over all others but happy to be proven wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3067
Kantankrus Mare
Old 13-06-2012, 8:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kantankrus Mare

Ooer think I may have been missing a trick.

The videos on Supersonic???

Assumed you had to run them one at a time like I do with SBTV

Just got two on the go together!! Is there a limit to how many you can run?
Mare

2014 online earnings:£188 amazon / Inbox pounds £40.00 cheque Clixsense $200.92 Marks and Spencer Vouchers: £25
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kantankrus Mare For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3068
skyisfalling22
Old 13-06-2012, 8:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by camis View Post
Hmph - qualified for a daily survey today (a rare occurrence for me at the minute), waded my way through it for what seemed like ages and completed it, but no SB yet Hope they turn up soon - I want that next voucher!
Me too! It took ages and ironically while doing it, I thought wouldn't it be awful if it took all this time and I got all the way to the end and it didn't even credit. Then I finally got to the end...and it didn't credit lol. Will give it a day or so but it annoys me when that happens as last time I didn't get credited I sent a ticket off complete with screenshot and they told me they had no record of my completing it. Bit of a pain.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyisfalling22 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3069
noobie73
Old 13-06-2012, 8:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm missing points from a Think Action survey from Sunday, how long do they usually take to credit if it isn't instant?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noobie73 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3070
killerpeaty
Old 13-06-2012, 8:45 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm aiming for £100 paypal >.> Over 10% of the way...
Aims for 2014: Complete up to AAT level 3, save £7K and stop fearing learning to drive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3071
Smits
Old 13-06-2012, 8:49 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantankrus Mare View Post
Ooer think I may have been missing a trick.

The videos on Supersonic???

Assumed you had to run them one at a time like I do with SBTV

Just got two on the go together!! Is there a limit to how many you can run?
I tend to do 3/4 at once but i don't think there is a limit! Only one way to find out :P

I think i'll stick to the paypal cash, i just prefer to have it in there and hardly ever use amazon.
Total payment recieved from GPT etc as June: £0.00
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smits For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3072
mooomin
Old 13-06-2012, 9:27 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Balance is currently 832SBs

Slowly creeping towards my last voucher with SBTV mobile and regular
Sealed Pot Challenge #272 - £141.43 banked

Debt-free since 2nd December 2010
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooomin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3073
mrsyardbroom
Old 13-06-2012, 9:59 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm wondering if this site is really worth the effort. I've been going backwards and forwards to the site all day and I've only earned 59sb. That's about 30p.

By comparison, on Onepoll I earned about £1 for several surveys in a very short time. On Myvoice I've earned 35p in a few minutes. On my own website I've earned nearly £6 in one day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsyardbroom For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3074
scubaangel
Old 13-06-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieukxx View Post

Possibly me, I've claimed it but am waiting for it to be paid, tbh I'm confident it will be as theres no evidence to say they'll just randomly stop paying out, lol.

Of course as soon as it has been paid I'll post and let people know.

Am over 1000 points towards my next redemption now thanks to a good couple of days with surveys and the PL videos, not sure if I'm going to go for the £100 again though or go for lower amounts.
Sealed Pot Challenge member 18
Credit card will be gone one day.
Every penny is a prisoner
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scubaangel For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3075
joeyjimbles
Old 13-06-2012, 10:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyardbroom View Post
I'm wondering if this site is really worth the effort. I've been going backwards and forwards to the site all day and I've only earned 59sb. That's about 30p.

By comparison, on Onepoll I earned about £1 for several surveys in a very short time. On Myvoice I've earned 35p in a few minutes. On my own website I've earned nearly £6 in one day.
I'm sorry it's not working for you - I find that I make around 200-250 sbs per day by going on 2-3 times a day whilst I'm doing other stuff on the pc so thats getting on for £1.50+. Some days its less and some days it can be as much as 400 if there are some decent tasks and I have a little more time. I do well out of survey sites too but Swagbucks is consistently good for me; I wouldn't say one was better than the other as far as my experience goes, I will continue to do as many as I have time.
Instagc Oct
Neobux Oct
STP Oct
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joeyjimbles For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3076
marieukxx
Old 13-06-2012, 10:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaangel View Post
Possibly me, I've claimed it but am waiting for it to be paid, tbh I'm confident it will be as theres no evidence to say they'll just randomly stop paying out, lol.

Of course as soon as it has been paid I'll post and let people know.

Am over 1000 points towards my next redemption now thanks to a good couple of days with surveys and the PL videos, not sure if I'm going to go for the £100 again though or go for lower amounts.
probably you, sorry I couldn''t remember who it was. I think I'll go for the lower amounts.
# 3077
marieukxx
Old 13-06-2012, 10:37 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

awww maybe you just haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I've claimed £20 inn amazon vouchers since the 3rd of June when I started. If you need any tips were all happy to help

Last edited by marieukxx; 13-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
# 3078
misssarahleigh
Old 13-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjimbles View Post
I'm sorry it's not working for you - I find that I make around 200-250 sbs per day by going on 2-3 times a day whilst I'm doing other stuff on the pc so thats getting on for £1.50+. Some days its less and some days it can be as much as 400 if there are some decent tasks and I have a little more time. I do well out of survey sites too but Swagbucks is consistently good for me; I wouldn't say one was better than the other as far as my experience goes, I will continue to do as many as I have time.

The key word here is PRIORITISE

Swagbucks is one of the lowest paying things I do. It comes last in line once I have done everything else.

Since you mentioned surveys think of it like this, you answer the £5 survey first, Then the £3 survey, then the £1 and so on.

I do swagbuck while I do my surveys. The thing to remember is to complete your tasks in order of value first

If you don't think it's worth it and don't have the time, don't bother. I personally have lots of time on my hands, so would rather make the 30p while watching the TV keeping myself occupied otherwise i'd be climing the walls lol
I get what i want. That isn't because i'm a brat or spoilt. It's because i'm determined, i work hard for it and i achieve my goals!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misssarahleigh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3079
killerpeaty
Old 13-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:

Hey, I haven't been on the site for long but I tend to play videos (special offers and sbtv simultaneously) while doing other things, for example surveys for other sites and CV writing. I find this easy but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. Onepoll for me is a drag as I only earn perhaps £1 per month as they appear to hate me.
Also congrats on your website earnings, I never got the hang of that. : )
Aims for 2014: Complete up to AAT level 3, save £7K and stop fearing learning to drive.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerpeaty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3080
Kantankrus Mare
Old 13-06-2012, 10:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kantankrus Mare

Ive done various other survey sites over the years and for me..........none pay better than swagbucks.

Yes you have to spend some time on it but a lot of it can be done whilst doing other survey sites

Win win situation as far as I am concerned.
Mare

2014 online earnings:£188 amazon / Inbox pounds £40.00 cheque Clixsense $200.92 Marks and Spencer Vouchers: £25
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kantankrus Mare For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread