Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 255
    • Derbz
    • By Derbz 6th Sep 17, 9:34 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Derbz
    Start date
    Hi all

Has anyone else got a pre-employment session today at 4pm at solihull lode lane???

The email says will be measured for uniform and photo taken for pass.
    Also a top up interview

• Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 6th Sep 17, 10:16 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    Nothing to worry about its all straight forward
    • Derbz
    • By Derbz 6th Sep 17, 3:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Derbz
    Thanks mate
    • NatalieW92
    • By NatalieW92 11th Sep 17, 12:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NatalieW92
    I have my manual assessment for Wolverhampton EMC tomorrow and I'm really nervous. I've never done anything like this before as I'm used to office based work. Is it just a case of following instructions or are you expected to have some hands on experience prior?

Thanks!
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 11th Sep 17, 4:44 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    Not done the wolverhampton assessment persoanlly just the Solihull one but for Solihull you get a demonstration to watch of what they want you to do and then given a step by step guide. Make sure you follow to the letter.
    • NatalieW92
    • By NatalieW92 11th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NatalieW92
    My manual assessment email says it will take around 1 hour 30. I also read here that you can't have any metal on your clothes, but the eyelets on my safety boots is metal... Should I wear my trainers instead?

Thanks in advance!
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 12th Sep 17, 3:30 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    I wore t shirt, tracksuit bottoms and trainers to my manual.
    • Derbz
    • By Derbz 14th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Derbz
    Different work areas
    Hi everyone

What are the different work areas called at sollihull.
    I have heard FA1 and FA2????
    Please help

• Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 15th Sep 17, 2:56 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    FA = Final assembly 1+2.

Last bits of car are added. Mainly track based ie car moves along conveyor to you. Can't just go toilet when you want etc. These 2 factories probably have the highest percentage of awful jobs.

BIW (body in white)= Bodyshop ( 3 seperate ones in total) Very start of car. Just looks a metal car skeleton. Lot of walking in and out of work area, loading robots with light metal parts.

Paintshop - Where they go after bodyshop and cladding to be painted of course.Fairly easy work but very hot.

Where you ended up?

Also very very slim chance you may end up in Plant Quality or Plant launch and if so you've hit the jackpot.
    • Derbz
    • By Derbz 15th Sep 17, 8:01 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Derbz
    Query
    Hi
    Ive been told im on green shift starting 6am on monday.

And im in plant launch fa1???

Any ideas. But only me and another guy on plant launch and all rest 60+ people have gone to bodyshop

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,085Posts Today

8,079Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin