Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 254
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 22nd May 17, 11:18 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    I've only worked at Solihull for 2.5 years, never CB but the few who i've met who transferred from CB always say they wish they stayed at CB. It's a different world at Solihull.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 22nd May 17, 4:31 PM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    Think it depends on where you are and what you're doing.

About 15 of us spent 7 months on secondment to Solihull, from Castle Bromwich, in BIW and most of us jumped at the chance to go back.

Yes it is busier at Solihull, but the potential earnings are very much higher and in our opinion the shift patterns are better.
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 23rd May 17, 2:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    What shift patterns do you work at CB then? I assumed 3 shift same as most of us.

I've worked in BIW all my time here and in the last 2/3 months since de-manning the extra workload put onto every persons process has made it hell. I want out.
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 23rd May 17, 4:41 PM
    • 2,548 Posts
    • 3,717 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    It's days at the moment with a skeleton night crew.

If and when it goes to 3 shifts it is likely to be 37hrs, 6-2, 2-10, 10-6, with a Friday of 6-11, 11-4 and 5-9. So coming back on a Friday evening to finish the nights off.
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 24th May 17, 4:47 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    I'd love that! Straight days i mean. Nights are vile, doing on my 2nd week of them now.
    • Chingymoto
    • By Chingymoto 13th Jun 17, 4:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chingymoto
    Hi, has anyone heard anything about contracts when your on the 5 year probation period.
    • Suicidemachine
    • By Suicidemachine 13th Jun 17, 4:04 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Suicidemachine
    Anyone who started on Jan 1st 2015 or after is on a 5 year maximum walkup which means after 5 years they either have to give you a job or fire you. Union said they didn't negotiate a guaranteed job offer so even if you had no sick days after 5 years they can fire you.

It's supposed to be a maximum of 5 years but the deal stated there can only ever be 10% manpower and 90% JLR in terms of staff levels but sadly the union are useless and only interested in themselves. They have no interest in getting anyone a job because they are alright jack.

Currently over 20% manpower on site at Solihull. In short i'd wager we will never get jobs and will get let go at end of 5 year period or before if you have time off/disciplinary problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

160Posts Today

1,518Users online

Martin's Twitter