Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 250
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 20th Sep 16, 1:31 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    Also, how long do jaguar landrover close for the christmas period?

1 week? 1 day? (christmas day)
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 20th Sep 16, 4:03 PM
    • 2,317 Posts
    • 3,383 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    Also, how long do jaguar landrover close for the christmas period?

1 week? 1 day? (christmas day)
    Originally posted by MANNY0121
    Castle Brom shuts down on Fri 23rd Dec and restarts Tues 3rd Jan.

Not sure about Solihull exactly, but should be about the same.
    • Lossus
    • By Lossus 21st Sep 16, 10:00 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lossus
    Had my top up interview and its pretty much as has already been described in this thread.

I was there about 15 minutes just going through my original application form to make sure nothing has changed followed by a short chat with a lady there.

She did confirm they aren't expecting and start dates until early next year and will most likely be at Castle Brom.
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 21st Sep 16, 1:23 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    Oh =/ that sucks.....

isnt Castle Brom the worst one? in regards to job safety
    Last edited by MANNY0121; 21-09-2016 at 1:24 PM. Reason: d
    • Bobby321
    • By Bobby321 21st Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bobby321
    Changed manual assesment
    Someone help !! 4month ago I did manual which including the brake pedals, magnets etc which I passed, but unfortunately I failed on my interview even though I was more than prepared for it. Now I've been told by few people that the manual has changed and is not same as before. Can someone give me step by step instructions on what's the manual like now or a brief atleast please?
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 22nd Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    Hi bobby, i had the manual assessment on monday

You basically fit a mechanical item on the bottom right (inside the car) .. its pretty simples

you then have to finger tighten the 3 screws in the right order and then use the extended screwdriver thing (lol) and tighten them

after that you move on to the red, blue and green magnets ...

you put a cushion inside the car, sit on it and place the magnets in the correct order

next stage is to fit another mechanical item to the front of the car, pretty easy.. just plug it in and finger tighten it

thats all you do.. you have 8mins to do it
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 22nd Sep 16, 10:24 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    Just rang manpower... they didnt mention anything about no more start dates until after January ...
    • polkoi
    • By polkoi 22nd Sep 16, 1:05 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    polkoi
    What did you ring them about?

Did they say how long it takes to get the results back from your manual test?

thanks
    • Bobby321
    • By Bobby321 22nd Sep 16, 8:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bobby321
    Thanks manny, that sounds similar to the one I did before, you start of by putting some big block in then using a safety block to hold it into place, then bring the pedal connect it and put screws in then cushion and clip in some wires then magnets and then ending with putting 3 wires into front of the car and screwing them in. Is that the whole process, sounds really similar, I've been hearing they have changed it all and made it harder 😂
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 22nd Sep 16, 9:22 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    thats exactly what i had to do ..... i had my manual assessment by behind Star City... might be different elsewhere
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 22nd Sep 16, 9:23 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    yup, i rang them and asked

they said it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to get the results...

=/ this waiting sucks...
    • Bobby321
    • By Bobby321 22nd Sep 16, 10:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bobby321
    You don't really have to wait for them to get back to you, if you wait, god knows how long they will take. When I did my online I called them 1 day later and they told me I passed and I booked my self in for manual, then I called 1 day after manual and booked my self in for the interview which I failed and now I've done it again but some times when you call they just tell you we will call you in a few days to book you in for manual or interview.
    • Stinky Finger
    • By Stinky Finger 23rd Sep 16, 1:41 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Stinky Finger
    Sounds like the same test I did 2 years ago at castle brom test centre. Someone here said they had manual at a different location, I wonder wonder if the test has changed with the location?
    • Stinky Finger
    • By Stinky Finger 23rd Sep 16, 1:45 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Stinky Finger
    2 years ago manpower informed you by email the next day if you were unsuccsessful. If you didn't get the email- it meant you passed!
    • MANNY0121
    • By MANNY0121 24th Sep 16, 10:38 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MANNY0121
    ill ring them again on monday
    • Stinky Finger
    • By Stinky Finger 24th Sep 16, 3:23 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Stinky Finger
    Do you know anyone that works there? If they go to manpower office and recommend you, they can have you fast tracked through system.
    We were told to do this by our group leader if we knew anyone waiting.
    Last edited by Stinky Finger; Yesterday at 10:02 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

1,709Users online

Martin's Twitter