Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 26th Mar 12, 8:42 PM
    • 30,013Posts
    • 56,222Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Birth Mother
    • 26th Mar 12, 8:42 PM
    Birth Mother 26th Mar 12 at 8:42 PM
    I was reading some old threads on MSE the other day and in one was a link to a site where adopted people could put in details of anyone they wanted to find. Just on a whim, I put in the few details I had of my birth mother. I was adopted as a baby in 1950.

Anyway, I think I have found her! We have an address and a phone number.

I'm pretty sure I have the right person, she is still alive and in her 80s. She had no more children and her husband has died.

Not sure what to do next, but as my husband says, she is an old lady, so don't let time take the decision out of my hands.
    At the very least I would like her to know that I have had a happy upbringing, a happy marriage of forty years (I have been married longer than she has!), that I understand totally why she had me adopted and that she has a grandson aged 32. Also that I am a Christian, as it was important to her for me to be brought up C of E (my adoptive family were non-believers). If that's all that happens, that's OK.

My husband says he might ring her up. He is very sensitive and tactful and good at reading situations. I don't mind if he does this. I'm aware she might not want to know, but would like to give her the chance. I would not have a problem with it if she didn't , I would understand.

Dazed and Confused.....
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”: C.S. Lewis
    LOving and caring Corbynista to Jacob Rees-Mogg : 'Why don't you F*** off and die?' J.R-M 'If I do, will you please pray for my immortal soul?' '
Page 29
    • Greta Sharbo
    • By Greta Sharbo 13th Jan 18, 2:29 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Greta Sharbo
    I've just found this thread and had to read it all.

What a wonderful story SDW, thanks for sharing. X
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 13th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 6,397 Thanks
    ska lover
    I've just found this thread and had to read it all.

What a wonderful story SDW, thanks for sharing. X
    Originally posted by Greta Sharbo
    Same here, just found this thread this morning and sat reading it all

Thank you Seven Day Weekend for sharing, what a ride of it you have had

all the very best x
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

329Posts Today

4,119Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin