IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Pinpoint Solutions
Views: 8,057
# 1
xbrenx
Old 26-03-2012, 2:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Pinpoint Solutions

Hi
Just had a phone call from the above company in relation to a road traffic incident that happened in November 2010.

They said they have a file open for me in respect of unclaimed money for personal injury sustained in the above incident. Apparently the insurance companies have to have money available to give to clients who sustain minor injury, nothing major like broken bones but something that could have meant I took pain killers for a while, but the companies don't tell anyone about it.

I was very wary and told the caller that but he insisted it's true and that he'll get on to the solicitors then call me back this evening to let me know if there's anything to claim.

I never told the caller anything that he didn't already know.

Has anyone heard of this company (google only came up with management solution companies)? Does it sound feasible?

I'm very sceptical.

Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
colino
Old 26-03-2012, 2:58 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

So an ambulance chasing company is now cold-calling to get business? No wonder insurance is so stupidly expensive.
# 3
xbrenx
Old 26-03-2012, 3:11 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hope they don't want anything out of me - I haven't got anything lol.

Slow chase though.

# 4
jwruk
Old 26-03-2012, 5:58 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Were you injured as a result of the incident?

If the answer is 'No' then that's the end of the conversation with them. There is no pot of money, they're ambulance chasing scum.
# 5
steven33
Old 08-08-2012, 4:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,

I just got a phone call from the same company. Very similar circumstances, was involved in an accident in Nov 2010 (not at fault). No series injuries etc etc. Got the whole story as you did then when asked if I was interested in claiming I told them that it was because of the likes of them that car insurance is so expensive. To which she got really argumentative and had a stinking atitude. I told them to shove it.
# 6
Jonss
Old 06-09-2012, 5:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Pinpoint

I have had 2 calls relating to an accident my wife had last year. I work for the company that insures us and hate these ambulance chasing companies who encourage people to claim for non existant injuries.
Anyway, I kept the rep on the line for as long as I could asking lots of questions about the process, then when I was bored, I told him that me keeping him chatting had stopped him calling several people and then told him to foxtrot oscar.
These people are impacting your premiums, encouraging law abiding people to commit fraud by dangling money at them. Legislation is needed now to stop it.
# 7
note
Old 06-09-2012, 9:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Anyway, I kept the rep on the line for as long as I could asking lots of questions about the process, then when I was bored, I told him that me keeping him chatting had stopped him calling several people and then told him to foxtrot oscar.
dont understand why people do this..... dont you value you free time? i just tell these people to get stuffed then put the phone down

back to the OP, if you have sustained actual injuries then by all means claim, if you dont then dont bother, simples.

and dont give your business to someone who has cold called you.
# 8
forgotmyname
Old 06-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I have too much free time so do the same. Whilst im having a good chat they are not annoying some else.

The last call was the microsoft scam, I kept him going for ages. Then said why are you trying to scam me and he hung up.
Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
# 9
nadeygreg
Old 18-10-2012, 1:44 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

This company calls me ALL THE TIME.. probably about 3 times a week, blatantly asking me to lie to receive money i apparently have 'waiting' for me... Ive asked them nicely, ive shouted, ive just hung up, ive stayed silent.. how can i get them to stop calling me... its getting ridiculous now!!
help!!
# 10
fivetide
Old 18-10-2012, 1:54 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I had a call from an agency yesterday saying I was due money fro the accident I had.

When I asked which one they declared any in the last three years. Told the chap if he couldn't name a particular incident I wasn't bothered. He just hung up the wee scamp.

What a great job to have.
What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
# 11
Buellguy
Old 18-10-2012, 1:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I think the funniest one of these for me was the cold call telling me that I could be due 4 grand following my motorbike accident in 2008. Kept them talking for a while then informed them that I'd actually received over 14 grand from the other parties insurers and why was their quote of 4 so low. That kind of shut them up a bit LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Buellguy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
rh1
Old 25-10-2012, 8:21 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Pinpoint

I pretended to be a timeshare salesman and totally diverted the conversation into me pitching timeshare in the Lake District to the rep

She was so bemused she just didn't know how to get the call back on track.

What I am puzzled about is how they:

a) knew my name and number
and
b)knew scant details about an accident in 2010

Any ideas folks?