Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Competitions Time > Game Over > E: 11/04 Real People Magazine Issue 12 (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
E: 11/04 Real People Magazine Issue 12
Closed Thread
Views: 6,207
# 1
melvis
Old 23-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Send a message via MSN to melvis
Default E: 11/04 Real People Magazine Issue 12

Real People is moving with the times! (apparently)

they now offer online entry but it's not working at the moment

Enter online

(You will need to register first)

Although it is currently saying "
Failed to save your entries. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

Thanks to fire**fly for letting me know about online entry!!

Email entry still working so may be an idea to send an email for this issue and hopefully online entries will be up and running by next time

Email: competitions@realpeoplemagazine.co.uk
Subject: Issue 12
include the GVRLPL code for every competition you want to enter plus your name, address and postcode.

(You can send all your answers in 1 email)

These are my suggested answers:

1 - GVRLPL11530 - MOUSE
2 -
GVRLPL11531 - FORTY EIGHT
3 - GVRLPL11532 - PLUM
4 -
GVRLPL11533 - B
5 -
GVRLPL11534 - WINDSOR CASTLE
6 -
GVRLPL11535 - A
7 -
GVRLPL11536 - A
8 -
GVRLPL11537 - 17
9 -
GVRLPL11538 - A
10 -
GVRLPL11539 - MONDAY
11 -
GVRLPL11540 - CLUE-NO!
13 -
GVRLPL11541 - GLADIATOR
14 -
GVRLPL11542 - DECADE
15 - GVRLPL11543 - KITTEN

There is no comp 12 this week, this is week 7 of 8. At the end of the 8 weeks you need to rearrange the 8 letters into an 8 letter word, normally for a mega prize of 1,000 The letters we have so far are E, R, T, A, D, E, O. **** There is a place on the online entry form to enter this week's letter "O" if you wish to, or you can wait til next week when the whole answer will be available ****

Prizes:

1 - 25

2 - 150

3 - 250

4 - 10 x 50 myfirstyears.com vouchers

5 - Spa Break + 100 vouchers & goodies

Nirvana Spa Experience Day for Two + overnight stay at The Moat House, Sindlesham, Berks (incl breakfast), a goodie bag containing the full set of nspa Beauty Rituals and 100 Asda vouchers. Prize valid til 1 March 2013. packages include refreshments, use of all facilities, a light meal and an hours floatation treatments. towels and robes provided.

6 - 2 x iPod Touch + 8 x goodies

2 winners receive an iPod Touch, Build a Bear fun pack (5.99) and gift set (14.99) - 6 r.u receive a fun pack & gift set.

7 - 4 x years supply of Dizolve

each prize worth 150, based on 10 wash loads per week

8 - 100

9 - Food Mixer + 10 x goodie bags

First prize is a Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer worth 399.99. 10 r/u will receive a Baking Mad goodie bag worth 60.

10 - 150

11 - 50

13 - 25

14 - 50

15 - 50

Good Luck

Alternative ways to enter -

By phone:
UK: 09012 700770
IRL: 1550 942022
Calls cost 26p per minute in the UK from BT landlines and 95 cents in Ireland. over 18s only. Calls last no longer than 1.5 minutes.

By text:
Type a message starting with RPL12 followed by a space, using no punctuation, with your answer(s), name and address to 80088
Texts cost 25p each per text + SNR

By post:
Send your answers stating Issue 12 to Real People, Hearst Magazines UK, The Data Solutions Centre, Worksop S80 2RT

Terms and Conditions (thanks to hjb123):
Only one entry per household. Unless stated otherwise entries must reach the magazine by midnight on the closing date stated. Entry to competitions is open to readers aged 18 or over who are residents of the UK (inc N Ireland and ROI) except employees and their families of The National Magazine Compeny (NatMag), their printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. No responsibilitiy can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes must be taken as stated and are not transferable although NatMag reserves the right to change the prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Winners will be notified by post. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes such as any necessary travel documents, insurance, passports and visas. No cash alternatives offered. Prizes are subject to availability and the suppliers terms and conditions. No purchase necessary. Winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the clsoing date. Names and addresses of winners may be published in a future issue of Real People. A list of winners is available by sending an SAE to Competitions Editor, Real People, The National Magazine Company, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. No correspondence can be entered into. Editors decision is final. NatMag reserves the right not to award prizes to claimants who have won in the past six months, to multiple entrants, consortirums or entrants who have not in the opinion of NatMag, entered into the spirit of the competition. Winners may be featured in the magazine and must be prepared to send in a photo.
#LuckyMelvis - 500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
2014 - iPad Air 64gb iPhone 5 iPad Mini

Last edited by melvis; 24-03-2012 at 5:42 AM.
The Following 962 Users Say Thank You to melvis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
catmiaow
Old 23-03-2012, 10:50 PM

Won't let me register just says server error after loading for ages. Wish they had kept it email only, much easier!
No you're not a vegetarian if you eat any animal or fish, so do not insult genuine veggies by calling yourself one!

Please can I win big in 2014, pretty please
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to catmiaow For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Blulu
Old 23-03-2012, 10:51 PM

As near top will bump to say thanks for doing all this. I also got failed to save, so will probably do by email one more time. It's prob quicker that way anyway.

Edit: Got usual email confirmation, so my guess is it's fine to still enter that way
More fun, less whinging

It is more fitting to laugh at life than to lament over it. -- Seneca

Last edited by Blulu; 23-03-2012 at 10:55 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blulu For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
fire**fly
Old 23-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

it's like when they first got all the other mags online with entering for the first time,
always some blips/problems, expect after a few complaints/emails to the site they'll sort it out & it'll settle down
i got email confirmation for sending in as usual
Smiling is contagious you catch it like the flu 。◕‿◕。
when someone smiled at me today i started smiling too, i passed around the corner & someone saw my grin & when he smiled i realized i'd passed it on to him, so, if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected, let's start an epidemic quick & get the world infected.

Last edited by fire**fly; 23-03-2012 at 11:27 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
tinktinktinkerbell
Old 23-03-2012, 11:03 PM
PPR
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blulu View Post
As near top will bump to say thanks for doing all this. I also got failed to save, so will probably do by email one more time. It's prob quicker that way anyway.

Edit: Got usual email confirmation, so my guess is it's fine to still enter that way
yep got the email too

as always, thanks for posting melvis
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tinktinktinkerbell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Sosdon
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Failed to save your entries. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sosdon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
Indispensable Hobbes
Old 23-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I also got that message

Quote:
Failed to save your entries. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.
Sent an email
Current balance @ 17/01/13: Quidco paid 239.93 / Maximiles 3,230 / GTM 370 / ValuedOpinions 4.25 / SP Challenge #1317 / VSP Challenge 2011 #117 / Ebay Challenge
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Indispensable Hobbes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
fire**fly
Old 23-03-2012, 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=melvis;52005305]
(You will need to register first)

Although it is currently saying "Failed to save your entries. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."

By email **not sure if this is still a valid entry method**

Email: competitions@realpeoplemagazine.co.uk
Subject: Issue 12
include the GVRLPL code for every competition you want to enter plus your name, address and postcode.

(You can send all your answers in 1 email)

hi mel, the email entry is still a valid entry method as
stated in the mag,

the new online entry is just like a long time ago when all the puzzle/weekly mags started going online & we had all the bumps/blips/etc then (nothing changes)
& not so long ago the Bella mag & that sometimes is still having it's moments

be prepared for the onslaught
when someone smiled at me today i started smiling too, i passed around the corner & someone saw my grin & when he smiled i realized i'd passed it on to him, so, if you feel a smile begin don't leave it undetected, let's start an epidemic quick & get the world infected.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
melvis
Old 24-03-2012, 5:43 AM

Thanks guys, I've updated OP x
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to melvis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Miss Poppins
Old 24-03-2012, 2:43 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I prefer entering this one by email! So much quicker!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS COMPETITIONS
"You've got to be in it to win it as Dale says"
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Poppins For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
LadyMorticia
Old 24-03-2012, 4:04 PM

Still getting an error but hopefully it will resolve soon

Is anyone else finding the colours of the form really headache-inducing? My head and eyes now hurt!
Your life is a book and the story's just beginning

FireflyDoctorWhoDollhouseBatmanHarleyQuinnDCcomicsMarvel
HomelandTheWalkingDeadBuffyAngelLOTRHarryPotterStargate
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyMorticia For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Moominmamma
Old 27-03-2012, 2:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Online entry working now for anyone who hasn't already entered yet
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Moominmamma For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
lovetowinacar
Old 28-03-2012, 1:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi

Can you enter by the competition entry form and by online entry or is it only one entry no matter what way you enter?

Many thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to lovetowinacar For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
fire**fly
Old 28-03-2012, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetowinacar View Post
Hi

Can you enter by the competition entry form and by online entry or is it only one entry no matter what way you enter?

Many thanks.

rules in the mag state,
only one entry per household

x
The Following User Says Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
jessica.davies
Old 29-03-2012, 8:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks for this.

Just to clarify; can both you and your wife enter at the same address or is it strictly just one entry per household?
# 16
Hailz86
Old 29-03-2012, 9:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Does anyone have the answer for 12?
2012 Wins - Danepak Fridge Magnet, 20 Just Eat Voucher, iTunes Song Download, Yellow Toaster and Kettle, Thorntons Bunny, 6 Months Gym Membership, 250 Multipower Products, 3 X Dalepak Vouchers, 10 minute sunbed session, Lucozade Sport, 2 X BMI Flights, Android Zeemote,
# 17
tinktinktinkerbell
Old 29-03-2012, 9:16 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailz86 View Post
Does anyone have the answer for 12?
in the OP it says

There is no comp 12 this week, this is week 7 of 8. At the end of the 8 weeks you need to rearrange the 8 letters into an 8 letter word, normally for a mega prize of 1,000 The letters we have so far are E, R, T, A, D, E, O. **** There is a place on the online entry form to enter this week's letter "O" if you wish to, or you can wait til next week when the whole answer will be available ****

HTH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinktinktinkerbell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
fire**fly
Old 29-03-2012, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire**fly View Post
rules in the mag state,

x
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica.davies View Post
Thanks for this.

Just to clarify; can both you and your wife enter at the same address or is it strictly just one entry per household?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire**fly View Post
rules in the mag state,

x
from melvis's op & from the mag

Terms and Conditions (thanks to hjb123):
Only one entry per household. Unless stated otherwise entries must reach the magazine by midnight on the closing date stated. Entry to competitions is open to readers aged 18 or over who are residents of the UK (inc N Ireland and ROI) except employees and their families of The National Magazine Compeny (NatMag), their printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. No responsibilitiy can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes must be taken as stated and are not transferable although NatMag reserves the right to change the prizes in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Winners will be notified by post. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes such as any necessary travel documents, insurance, passports and visas. No cash alternatives offered. Prizes are subject to availability and the suppliers terms and conditions. No purchase necessary. Winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the clsoing date. Names and addresses of winners may be published in a future issue of Real People. A list of winners is available by sending an SAE to Competitions Editor, Real People, The National Magazine Company, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. No correspondence can be entered into. Editors decision is final. NatMag reserves the right not to award prizes to claimants who have won in the past six months, to multiple entrants, consortirums or entrants who have not in the opinion of NatMag, entered into the spirit of the competition. Winners may be featured in the magazine and must be prepared to send in a photo.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fire**fly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Skyespirit86
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am really confused now because i was collecting the letters for the cash cow thing, and got all 8 letters a week or so ago and worked out the word- decorate. What is goin on with the easter mags, no answers have been up online so I am wondering if they are skipping a week? I will go into a shop later and check if i dont get a reply.
# 20
melvis
Old 11-04-2012, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyespirit86 View Post
I am really confused now because i was collecting the letters for the cash cow thing, and got all 8 letters a week or so ago and worked out the word- decorate. What is goin on with the easter mags, no answers have been up online so I am wondering if they are skipping a week? I will go into a shop later and check if i dont get a reply.
Hiya

Issue 13 is posted here complete with Cash Cow entry (DECORATE)

Issue 14 is here
with the start of a new Cash Cow 8 week competition

HTH x
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melvis For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread