Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 8
    • DonaldLMcVay
    • By DonaldLMcVay 3rd Sep 16, 9:48 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DonaldLMcVay
    SSA Advice
    There are some concerns too. numerous investors contacted SSA UK confirming that their investment was not performing as expected in its second year with no options for reselling units
    • Sheff1999
    • By Sheff1999 10th Sep 16, 8:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Sheff1999
    Hi all,

Just joined here to offer my own advice and experiences with regard to Storefirst Ltd........

I invested £97,000 five years ago, the returns are next to none existant......

I have asked Storefirst if I can join the "Guaranteed buy back, unique in the market place" .......This is not possible as this does not exist in reality either.......All that NOW exists is a STOREFIRST OPTION to buy back!......

I complained to the FOS about my FCA regulated SIPP trustees over a year ago now. The FOS has recently deliberated on my case. This damning report instructed my SIPP trustee to repay me the full value of my pension, this being circa £300,000....... This report from the FOS has forced my SIPP trustee into default two weeks ago.......

Thankfully my former SIPP trustees lodged my complaints to them to their PI insurers back in March 2015. The insurers have just told me that they will repay me the full value of my investments, this despite the £150,000 FOS limits.......

My FOS deliberations state that their attentions will now turn to any FCA regulated SIPP trustees who has investments with Storefirst Ltd.......

My own x5 year nightmare is nearly at an end, I advise anybody with investments into Storefirst Ltd to complain to the FOS ASAP......

John....��
    • forgetthat
    • By forgetthat 13th Sep 16, 1:48 PM
    • 181 Posts
    • 1,527 Thanks
    forgetthat
    I complained to the FOS about my FCA regulated SIPP trustees over a year ago now. The FOS has recently deliberated on my case

Who was you FCA regulated SIPP trustee?
    • darkcrusader
    • By darkcrusader 15th Sep 16, 11:05 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    darkcrusader
    I complained to the FOS about my FCA regulated SIPP trustees over a year ago now. The FOS has recently deliberated on my case. This damning report instructed my SIPP trustee to repay me the full value of my pension, this being circa £300,000....... This report from the FOS has forced my SIPP trustee into default two weeks ago.......

Thankfully my former SIPP trustees lodged my complaints to them to their PI insurers back in March 2015. The insurers have just told me that they will repay me the full value of my investments, this despite the £150,000 FOS limits.......
    If the SIPP Trustees' PI insurers agreed to repay the full value of your investment, why was the SIPP Trustees forced into default?

Do you have details of which SIPP firm it was?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 15th Sep 16, 12:56 PM
    • 85,076 Posts
    • 50,099 Thanks
    dunstonh
    If the SIPP Trustees' PI insurers agreed to repay the full value of your investment, why was the SIPP Trustees forced into default?

Do you have details of which SIPP firm it was?
    Originally posted by darkcrusader
    That seems strange if the PI insurers are paying out. Although there would be an excess. Maybe the SIPP provider didnt have enough money to fund the excess. If this is one of a number of cases, the multiple excesses could be the issue.

These dodgy schemes do seem to get processed through non-mainstream providers. So, capital adequacy may not be as strong. Everyone has been expecting increased numbers of SIPP failures, closures and consolidation given their lower capital adequacy requirements and the coming increases they will need.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • sol047
    • By sol047 11th Oct 16, 9:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sol047
    From what I understand, there was no IFA making a recommendation to invest in Store First.
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    Hi, sorry for getting back to you only now, there was but i only discovered it once a law firm acting on my behalf found it as part as a FSCS case, it makes very interesting reading as the product wasnt suitable for me. I have also been instructed by the law firm that no compensation will be paid as 'technically' i haven't lost anything. yes the pod, if not tenanted, doesn't make me any money, but its still classed as an asset. I am placing the 3 pods i own up for auction then once i have it in black and white (if sold at all) how much i have lost either appendix to the original claim or start a new one. If anyone wants the law firms address please contact me privately.
    • craigstevens
    • By craigstevens 30th Nov 16, 2:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    craigstevens
    craig
    has anyone any knowledge of a firm called CL&P from about 4-5 years ago, especially a guy called Ben Newman, or a female called Caroline robinson. and a female by the name of Tamara Slattery.
    thankyou.
    Craig.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 30th Nov 16, 3:44 PM
    • 367 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    All I could find was 'Connecticut Light & Power'.

I do hope you haven't lost any money - but the fact that you are asking this question on this board doesn't bode well.
    Last edited by Silvertabby; 30-11-2016 at 7:14 PM. Reason: typo
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 1st Dec 16, 11:34 AM
    • 1,167 Posts
    • 1,537 Thanks
    Malthusian
    L&P would presumably stand for "Life & Pensions" but that means little. Two of the individual names are too commonplace to search for. Searching for <Tamara Slattery "Store first"> on Google gives me one result - this thread - and a message saying that search results have been deleted under EU 'right to be forgotten'. Interesting, but not helpful to the OP.

If you cannot get in contact with this firm using the contact details you had before then it is very unlikely you will find them.
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 1st Dec 16, 11:52 AM
    • 367 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    Just tried again with 'CL&P Ben Newman' and came up with a 'who called me from this telephone number' website. Looks like CL&P were some sort of pensions review company, and the quote copied below is particularly telling. Someone else did say that Ben Newman is NOT connected to Carey's, however, so if that is true then CL&P are even more dodgy than your usual run of the mill pension review company (if that's possible).

CL&P were a pension broker that i used to arrange my pension to be invested ,they arranged that carey's would be the administrators of any dealings with my investment with the company(Storefirst) that they suggested i should put my pension into. Ben Newman is the toerag that duped me into these investments,I hope that explains things.
    Last edited by Silvertabby; Yesterday at 11:53 AM. Reason: add
    • barneygumble
    • By barneygumble 1st Dec 16, 3:10 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    barneygumble
    Judging by the fact that Storefirst Ltd have a negative net worth to the tune of £1.4 million and only £114k in the bank I certainly wouldn't invest in them.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/07463355/STORE-FIRST-LIMITED/financials#key-financials
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,303Posts Today

7,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin