Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woodbine
    • By woodbine 15th Mar 12, 10:24 PM
    • 18,345Posts
    • 24,709Thanks
    woodbine
    warm home discount scheme
    • 15th Mar 12, 10:24 PM
    warm home discount scheme 15th Mar 12 at 10:24 PM
    if you qualified for the warm home £120 fuel rebate discount this year(2011/12)a reminder that unless you qualified automatically then you will have to re-apply for 2012/13(£130)

the scheme runs for 4 years,and has to be applied for each year,so after april 6th 2012 contact your supplier to register again.

all payments for 2011/12 should be made before the end of march,and if it puts your account in credit you can ask for a refund,or lower monthly direct debits if you prefer
Page 33
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 10th Sep 17, 10:43 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I have just tried for my Mam & it was refused, Not sure if I understood the criteria. Her income is below the threshold but she claims no benefits at all (State Pension & Private Pension only)
    What was the reason yours was refused online?

I thought she could claim under these rules

Be a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[1] and the account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness, or there is vulnerability within the home (children living in the house aged 5 or under) or of pensionable age.

Income is less & she is 75
    Originally posted by laudan
    It's not the broader group your mother would qualify under. It's the core group if anything. If she recieves guaranteed pension credit then this is what would qualify her. If she does then British gas will contact her.
    This is take from the website....
    If you are a Pension credit customer you will be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will write to those who are potentially eligible for the winter 2017/2018 discount in autumn 2017.
    You may qualify for this energy discount if you are the named or partner of the account holder on 9th July 2017 (the qualifying date) and you:
    • Receive only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (without receiving the Savings Credit)
      OR
    • Receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit as well as the Savings Credit.
    If you meet the following conditions, you do not need to do anything now to get your discount in 2017/2018.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 10th Sep 17, 11:03 PM
    • 4,109 Posts
    • 8,696 Thanks
    minimad1970
    British Gas Warm home discount application is now open for 2017/18. I applied online and the application was refused so I phoned and it was ok
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    I have just tried for my Mam & it was refused, Not sure if I understood the criteria. Her income is below the threshold but she claims no benefits at all (State Pension & Private Pension only)
    What was the reason yours was refused online?
    When the adviser put my details in the application was refused and he couldn't understand why, so he did it again with the same answers and it was accepted. So a bit of a mystery really.
    • laudan
    • By laudan 11th Sep 17, 8:24 AM
    • 213 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    laudan
    It's not the broader group your mother would qualify under. It's the core group if anything. If she recieves guaranteed pension credit then this is what would qualify her. If she does then British gas will contact her.
    This is take from the website....
    If you are a Pension credit customer you will be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will write to those who are potentially eligible for the winter 2017/2018 discount in autumn 2017.
    You may qualify for this energy discount if you are the named or partner of the account holder on 9th July 2017 (the qualifying date) and you:
    • Receive only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (without receiving the Savings Credit)
      OR
    • Receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit as well as the Savings Credit.
    If you meet the following conditions, you do not need to do anything now to get your discount in 2017/2018.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I said above she claims no Benefits she is not on Pension Credit so not sure what you. Mean by your answer
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 11th Sep 17, 8:28 AM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    poppy12345
    I said above she claims no Benefits she is not on Pension Credit so not sure what you. Mean by your answer
    Then she wouldn't be eligible for the warm home discount. All energy suppliers have their own criteria.
    • laudan
    • By laudan 11th Sep 17, 12:49 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    laudan
    Then she wouldn't be eligible for the warm home discount. All energy suppliers have their own criteria.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    We have just rang all the ask was if she lived by her self - Yes
    Income - was less than the limit
    Any medical conditions - no
    Did she need to store medicine in a fridge or need electricity for medical equipment - no
    They said because her income is under the limit & she is of pensionable able she qualifies
    • laudan
    • By laudan 11th Sep 17, 12:50 PM
    • 213 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    laudan
    When the adviser put my details in the application was refused and he couldn't understand why, so he did it again with the same answers and it was accepted. So a bit of a mystery really.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    Thanks same for my Mam, rang & she qualifies.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

3,490Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin