Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jap200
    • By jap200 12th Mar 12, 1:18 PM
    • 2,000Posts
    • 3,403Thanks
    jap200
    0 WOW
    Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here!
    • 12th Mar 12, 1:18 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here! 12th Mar 12 at 1:18 PM
    It seems that Amazon has started doing short-lived reductions on some kindle books which are down to 20p or so for around 24 hours. I have not had anything official about this, but just noticed them in the kindle books 'movers and shakers' list. Some have previously been posted in this forum by myself and other helpful people, but it would be handy to keep them in one place.

So please post any short-term bargains here.

Please don't post details of the (huge numbers) of self-published books that are at low prices long-term (usually 79p)or free books - just genuine short-lived bargains.

Also, to avoid clutter, please also don't post links to the many books that are permanently available free. Here is a link to the top 100 Free Books in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store/zgbs/digital-text/ref=zg_bs_fvp_p_f_digital-text?_encoding=UTF8&tf=1

So here is one short-lived bargain I spotted today for 20p, ususally £7.71 (Edit: offer now expired - price now £3.99)

Rules of the Game by Neil Strauss: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rules-of-the-Game-ebook/dp/B005QEE22M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1331558177&sr=1-1
    Not read it myself, but it has a few good reviews

Also don't forget the ongoing Kindle Daily Deals (as previously posted) where a different book is available each day for 99p:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_161849367_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000577623& pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_r=1V6FWDY2986TX5AQM0GX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =270713247&pf_rd_i=341689031

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by jap200; 02-09-2013 at 4:05 PM.
Page 62
    • dlpugh
    • By dlpugh 10th Jul 17, 9:31 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    dlpugh
    Hi. I cant see this 40% discount on my account - it just gives me the option to sign up for a months free trial and the small print says it will be £7.99 thereafter. Do you already have to be signed up for kindle unlimited to use it????
    Thanks!!!!!!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 10th Jul 17, 10:34 AM
    • 12,400 Posts
    • 39,537 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Hi. I cant see this 40% discount on my account - it just gives me the option to sign up for a months free trial and the small print says it will be £7.99 thereafter. Do you already have to be signed up for kindle unlimited to use it????
    Thanks!!!!!!
    Originally posted by dlpugh
    Are you an Amazon Prime member ?

This offer is available to Prime Members only and is a limited-time deal starting at 00:00, 5 July 2017 till 23:59, 11 July 2017. Customers who have purchased multiple prepaid plans that are currently associated with their Amazon accounts are not eligible. For existing monthly Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the prepaid subscription purchased and will automatically restart at its conclusion

Edit, just logged in and tried it, I am Prime and I get the same as you, One Month free and then £7.99 a month thereafter
    Last edited by sarah1972; 10-07-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • dlpugh
    • By dlpugh 10th Jul 17, 11:06 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    dlpugh
    Sorry, I should have included that in my reply. Yes I am already a Prime member.
    thanks!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 10th Jul 17, 11:28 AM
    • 12,400 Posts
    • 39,537 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Sorry, I should have included that in my reply. Yes I am already a Prime member.
    thanks!
    Originally posted by dlpugh
    As I put in my post above,

I just logged in and tried it, I am Prime and I get the same as you, One Month free and then £7.99 a month thereafter, Very odd ?
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 10th Jul 17, 1:49 PM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 19,195 Thanks
    Doc N
    If it's of any help, you won't see the discount until you go to checkout. They've done this in a very odd way but you'll see the full price for a 24 month contract as £191.76,discounted down to £115.06 for Prime members. Just over £1.10 per week.
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 11th Jul 17, 8:47 AM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    i'd missed this promotion so thanks for posting

just started a prime trial & I've had unlimited for ages, so daft not to go for the 24 month option & save some money. really don't mind paying my monthly fee for unlimited as I must get through about 10-15 books a month, well worth it.

just deciding if I really need to upgrade my kindle now (it's the original 1st version) to the paperwhite at £80 on prime day....decisions!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 11th Jul 17, 12:04 PM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 19,195 Thanks
    Doc N
    i'd missed this promotion so thanks for posting

just started a prime trial & I've had unlimited for ages, so daft not to go for the 24 month option & save some money. really don't mind paying my monthly fee for unlimited as I must get through about 10-15 books a month, well worth it.

just deciding if I really need to upgrade my kindle now (it's the original 1st version) to the paperwhite at £80 on prime day....decisions!
    Originally posted by AbbieCadabra
    If it's any help in making the decision, I'd say go for it. I've been through 3 generations of the Kindle now, the first costing £150 in 2010!

The Paperwhite is very nice, and well worth the discounted price. Once you've tried it you're unlikely to want to go back to the original!
    • AbbieCadabra
    • By AbbieCadabra 11th Jul 17, 12:29 PM
    • 1,567 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    AbbieCadabra
    If it's any help in making the decision, I'd say go for it. I've been through 3 generations of the Kindle now, the first costing £150 in 2010!

The Paperwhite is very nice, and well worth the discounted price. Once you've tried it you're unlikely to want to go back to the original!
    Originally posted by Doc N
    done! I didn't take much persuading
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Aug 17, 6:33 AM
    • 12,192 Posts
    • 34,903 Thanks
    redfox
    Spanish for travelers

useful little phrase book free on Kindle

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 8 Aug: ‘Spanish for Travelers’ Kindle edition is available to download free from Amazon. You don’t have to have an actual Kindle to read it, as you can also download Amazon’s free kindle app for your smartphone, tablet or computer. Amazon was unable to confirm when this offer ends, so if it’s something you’d like it’s worth downloading now whilst it’s free.
    Big thanks to redfox for the spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; 08-08-2017 at 5:08 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• fozzeh
    • By fozzeh 10th Aug 17, 9:21 PM
    • 969 Posts
    • 1,203 Thanks
    fozzeh
    Following up from her number 1 selling novel...this one should be pretty good! 99p for a limited time on pre-order! Very good book from what I've heard (and yes, it has been read )
    • bodacious
    • By bodacious 23rd Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 864 Thanks
    bodacious
    British murder mysteries - 560+ Thriller Classics, Detective Novels, Whodunit Tales & True Crime Stories: Complete Sherlock Holmes, Father Brown, Four Just ... Cases, Max Carrados Stories and many more. Kindle edition 99p
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

75Posts Today

1,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin