Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    • 365Posts
    • 1,281Thanks
    themadvix
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off! 10th Mar 12 at 9:51 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    Having been a long time lurker on this board whilst saving for a house deposit (you’re all so friendly and positive that it’s an inspiring place to ‘hang out’), my fiance and I completed on our first house yesterday!

It’s a three-bedroomed terraced house in Hertfordshire (hence the long saving period) with an 80% LTV mortgage of £132,999 with Natwest, fixed for 2 years at 3.79%.

There’s just the two of us (and our new two fish, Rosie and Jim, inherited with the house!), but I work from home, hence the need for a third bedroom as office space. We won’t be moving in until June as the house needs some work doing and we’re getting married in June so it seemed to be a sensible option (as we both currently live with our parents…tragic I know in my late 20s, but nice mortgage rate as a result).

Obviously with house needing work and a wedding looming, I don’t expect to be making much in the way of overpayments for a while (but this won’t stop me rounding numbers down or transferring small bits across). Another issue is that although DF is employed (and hopefully about to get a new job in the company ), I am self-employed and therefore my income varies drastically from month to month. However, I have built up a fairly solid client base over the last five years, and especially in the last year, so I hope that this will continue to improve and that I will be able to contribute to overpayments.

DF is the spreadsheet nut, so I’m hoping he’ll get it set up for me so I can play with figures soon (although I have no idea what a pivot table is and am not convinced I need to know! ) We’re already a very MSE couple having been saving for so long – we cashback, do surveys, shop around, get the freebies that are relevant to us and have already (having gone to the house last night) established that if I’m paying the energy bills we’ll be living in a cold house! In all seriousness though, we are both on board with the idea of overpaying the mortgage - it just makes sense!

So, for the moment this diary will be a place to record the small things I do as well as the little overpayments I make (once my mortgage shows up in online banking!). Once June has flown past and we’re back from our honeymoon, I’ll get a grip on income and expenditure and work out an SOA and how much we can regularly overpay.

Vicky

PS Long, long term, this isn’t our forever home and one day we’d like to build our own environmentally friendly home! But more of that in the future…
    Last edited by themadvix; 21-11-2016 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Because I got the interest rate wrong!!
Page 9
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 26th Sep 16, 9:48 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Another week gone by already, not sure where this month and year is disappearing to! It's been a very hectic week work-wise, but have now finally caught up and can work at a normal pace. Good news is that I don't think income will have been too affected by time off.

Reached payout on NV, so £50 should be winging its way here as we speak (no idea how long it takes as this is the first time I've ever made a concerted effort with them and reached payout). Surveys have been straightforward and good value for time spent, so will keep them up. Still plodding on with others. Have lost the will a bit with SBs - they're great when I'm not busy and have time to do all the carp needed to get points/am willing to be screened out of surveys, but the rest of the time it's too much hassle. Usually manage the daily poll and any codes that get sent through the MSE forums. Not too far off pay out again anyway.

TT of £1.26 this morning.

Have some exciting money-related news but 'don't know about it' yet, so will share when I'm allowed to say!

Am trying to decide what to use £5 photobox credit on - probably a Christmas present, but feeling rather uninspired at the moment.
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    Starting balance 2012: £132000; balance December 2016: £105,159.36
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 28th Sep 16, 5:24 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Wrote a long post yesterday and then managed to close the tab (idiot!).

Work has slowed to a more acceptable pace, but still with plenty coming in, which is good. DH was away Sun-Tues (late) with work, had a meal with the supplier - for 10 of them the bill was £3500!! One bottle of wine was 500 euros! Glad we didn't have to pay.

Found various bits of interest that had been paid on accounts yesterday so rounded this up, topped up with leftover budget from the month and transferred to TSB, so the balance is now ony £30 below the £2k limit for interest.

Today transferred £12 from a new Internet usage monitoring panel into OP fund - £12 for two months Other surveys and stuff going well, although at a more moderate speed. Cashed out two £25 JL vouchers from MaxiM from DH's account while he was away - the points were from a bookie sign up for MB and the other week the vouchers had disappeared from the site, so glad to have found them and got them. I'm nearly at cash out for another £25 voucher there too.

Away this weekend with DH's work - a charity do thing. Have asked FiL to look after cats Saturday, saving us £10 on cat sitter. Will have to pay petrol and to park, but hopefully that's all (will make a donation of some sort, but it will be within our means). Hoping to use NT membership while away to make the most of this (there's not a lot near us).

Should get paid energy switch cashback this week - that'll top OP fund up to £150ish. We've been talking about the various jobs we still need to spend for on the house, so I think OPs will be limited to 'extra' money I can earn for a while and I'll be concentrating on keeping our TSB accounts topped up and will open a RS with the joint a/c. Of course, when I win the million on the premium bonds on Saturday, all this will be moot!

DH working from home today - we might have popped out to the pub for lunch.... whoops!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 30th Sep 16, 1:15 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    I'm now allowed to say what my 'money news' was - DH has won an innovation competition at work - I'm very proud of him, but more importantly it comes with a £5000 prize

While negotiations about what will get to be overpaid are ongoing, he has promised some money for OPs (and the rest, bar a small amount, is likely to go into savings/investments or house work - we're so rock and roll!)

In other news, good pay day today as one of my client paid a big bill, so once the 1st rolls around and I can complete all my money shuffles I'll be able to top up the savings quite substantially. Have discovered that really I need to be transferring my 'tax' money across to the PBs before end of month, so I can get them entered in the following month's draw, rather than having to wait until the next month - might have to split the money shuffle in two to achieve this...

Not a lot else to add - still surveying and applied for the M*S CC to get the voucher. Often buy Christmas cards here so figure can spend on that, and also use it to buy some bits for the impending arrival of niece/nephew (did I mention there'll be two, as DH's brother's GF is also expecting?). Have booked eye test (due) to use voucher from Martin's email. Will save £25, but I don't think I usually pay for it anyway, one way or the other!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 3rd Oct 16, 10:44 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Had a good weekend at charity dinner - DH spent on some drinks (just for us fortunately), and we bought £10 of raffle tickets, but that was all. Went to Lyveden NT place on the way home - apart from£3 on a drink after we'd looked around, we spent nothing and had a lovely couple of hours. National Trust places are good for the soul.

Before we left home on Saturday we went to a nearby town to get apples from my Nan's tree pressed into juice - this was a local Transition Towns activity (I get the newsletter but this was the first time I've taken advantage of any of their 'activities'). It was great - two and a half litres of very sweet apple juice produced in 5 minutes, alongside some lovely conversation. £5 donated for the privilege - very pleased with that considering the usual price for quality juice in the shops.

Have nearly finished money shuffles.... just contributions to DH's cc bill to sort... He's paid for flights and accommodation for our Christmas markets break so I'll owe him for that. However, have already topped up TSB RS as much as possible and put £253 into TSB joint a/c - maxing this out at £2000 is my next target.

Off for eye test in a bit, voucher at the ready. Car has brake caliper issues, so my Mum has offered to take me (very kindly). Will get some sandwich fillings while out, but otherwise, think we're fully stocked up. Will use the JL voucher from DH's MM points for this (and transfer the cash - either to DH's MB fund or the OP fund).
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 4th Oct 16, 5:44 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Not a great day today - I have a stinking cold and didn't win the million on the premium bonds

On the upside, finished the money shuffles yesterday and joint TSB a/c now has £700 in it (up from £280 'treat fund' only balance). Have also managed to keep working today, despite feeling lousy. Have taken my time and not stressed about it - did mention to client I wasn't well, so pressure is off. But pleased to have got as far as I have. No housework done though, apart from putting dishwasher on. Have instructed DH to buy milk and bread for tomorrow - didn't think he'd fancy homemade bread made today!

1P nearly halfway now and just over 100 SBs to go to pay out. Did win on FPL either, but there's always tomorrow. Have sent apologies to the teacher for my class tonight - I don't think any of the class would want me there anyway.

Unfortunately eye test yesterday did not go well and I need new glasses... again. Which will be nearly £300 Only recently started a savings pot for this, so not enough in there yet and will have to fund from normal income. And I hate buying glasses - I have a narrow face and really really struggle to find any I like. Have discovered Specsavers do a petite range - will have to investigate this further.

Had paperwork through for M*S card... anyone would think I was taking out a mortgage the amount of paper that they've sent. It looks incredibly complicated - I reckon it's to put you off and save the vouchers! They won't deter me, although it might have to wait until head is less full of cold.

Currently have B&W kitty warming lap, so going to catch up on diaries!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 6th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Feeling a lot better today, cold still there but not in my head anymore, so I can think!

Used brain last night and have sent off to reglazemyglasses for a box - will send my old glasses (same frame) and get them reglazed for hopefully £65. Will see what they say, but it's got to be cheaper than new glasses and that will allow my savings pot for glasses to build up for next time.

Also used mystery RLD voucher to book afternoon tea for DH and I in London later in the month - we're off to the theatre with vouchers from my birthday. RLD voucher is a mystery as it was sent last Christmas and no one has admitted to sending it to me!!

Ordered cat food online too (I was on fire!), works out considerably cheaper than the shop I buy a much smaller bag from. Would prefer to buy from shop, but need bigger bag because a) cats eat a lot of it and b) bigger bag = less plastic c) it's more MSE of course... Will get cashback on that.

Have claimed another £8 from smartapp web monitor thingy... into OP fund. Which is now just shy of £180. NV balance has now cleared, so £50 cheque must be on the way there. Finally also had cheque from event venue client (who pays by cheque these days? A big organisation too!). SBs so close to payout, and would probably get there today with some application, but too much work to do that.

In-laws coming for dinner tonight - Delia's tomato risotto.

Am feeling like I'm accomplishing things today, mainly because I've just completed a cardio workout video (only a short one) - doing some exercise has been on to-do list for... ahem... months... It's a start anyway!

In less positive news, washing machine has finally given up the ghost. It's been only half-functioning for the last couple of weeks, and today seems to have marked the end of it's ability to follow a programme. The computer panel is not working properly, and a new one is £136 (+VAT??) and while I'd trust DH to fix it (and therefore save on the call-out charge), we don't know how old it was (it was here when we bought the house four years ago), or how much longer it would last if we fixed that bit. It's a tricky decision, and I far prefer to fix things than replace them, but I think that's what we'll do on this occasion. There goes all that lovely money I put into the savings this month.
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 7th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    I've cashed out on SBs this morning and was delighted to discover they have a sale on, so I have 200SBs towards next pay out already. Have also done a PC survey, so another £3 coming my way. Viewsbank at £7.50 so getting there slowly... But I find their insurance quote MS 'things' are the bit that usually tips me over the edge to pay out. Have listed a few bits on Fb that haven't been selling on the bay of e. Will see if that helps - one of the things is for a charity I volunteer with - really I just want the space back.

Am aching from exercise I did yesterday, so did some more this morning! I find Youtube videos are great for exercise as I can just take five minutes away from work and do them. Will try to keep this up and expand repertoire.

Am up-to-date with work, apart from one project, but waiting on a reply from client and can't do anything until I hear back. A bit frustrating really.

Have just recorded a video on my phone about my thoughts on house for YSP - hilarious! I've never done one of these before but it's for a £15 Am voucher, so it should be worthwhile! I hate recordings of my voice, but amazingly it wasn't too bad! I'd do another I think. It's funny what we'll do to OP the mortgage!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Oct 16, 6:18 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Had a quiet weekend after what seemed like a really long week. DH not feeling great and I was lacking in energy (both getting over our colds, I suspect). However, we got a lot of 'life admin' done on Saturday, including ordering a new washing machine and sorting out both our wardrobes. We now only have things we actually wear in them and four items listed on the bay of e and the rest charity shopped (I even took it all over today, so straight out of the house!). WM is from JL, won't be with us until 17th as I refused to pay an extra £20 for delivery on Tuesday Fortunately washing was up to date, so won't need to scrounge washing facilities from in-laws until next weekend!

Went for a walk along a nearby canal on Sunday - took a lovely packed lunch with us and snacks, so we weren't at all tempted to buy food. Bread baked on Saturday featured in this - it had rye flour and poppy seeds in it and was yum (even if I say so myself!). Resisted temptation of takeaway Saturday night too - feeling very virtuous!

Work has been quietish today - no new projects and I finished the outstanding ones this morning, so this afternoon I've done a few jobs in the garden, sorted some bits out for freecycle and have given the hall door frames a first coat of paint - it's amazing what a difference it makes, even if they'll definitely need another. Also had plasterer friend round to see about levelling the floor in the hall ready for the wood floor we bought months ago... He didn't seem to think it would be a problem and will get back to me with a price/date tomorrow - result! Have been waiting/chasing another guy for a month with no success. I want hall finished by Christmas and the floor down even sooner - at the moment it's bare concrete in places and it's COLD!

Here's hoping some work arrives tomorrow - am in the middle of a big project, so more is bound to turn up at some point. Better go and find something for dinner now.

ETA: OP fund now at £185.92, nearly half way!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 11th Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Successful morning - aside from work I reached pay out on MM, so £25 JL voucher on its way and switched my personal bills account to a Flexdirect a/c - meaning the £1500 or so in there at any given time will be earning me 5%. I'd begun to think about switching but hadn't realised it would be that straightforward (it already being a Nw account).

Not heard back about the £15 voucher for my video upload yet, so will chase that as they said they'd confirm receipt within 48 hrs. Have also put in a claim on £co for an untracked cat food purchase.

It was so cold this morning that I put the heating on for an hour... was hoping to get to 20th before we had to do that However, I'm happy knowing that a) the house gets warmer much more quickly and b) we're using a fraction of the gas we were last winter because of our shiny new boiler.

ETA: I chased and they sent through Am voucher straight away
    Last edited by themadvix; 11-10-2016 at 3:45 PM.
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 17th Oct 16, 3:09 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Had a fairly quiet weekend, spent Saturday at in-laws to get our washing done (washing machine delivered this morning, yay!). Popped into their town and arranged a frame for the piece of art we bought on holiday - bit steep at £35, but it's solid oak and made to measure, so not surprising. It's a lovely piece of art (the first we've bought in a long long time) and it needed a suitable frame. Had received M*S cc in the post and wanted to get my 500 bonus points so popped into M*S, found a choccie bar (which I never buy because they're mostly plastic-wrapped) and nearly at till when I realised I didn't have the blinkin' pin with me! (Afraid I bought the chocolate anyway, much to DH's disgust!). All this was offset by lunch and dinner at the in-laws, which was lovely.

Sunday we took last of tiles in hall up, in preparation for plasterer to lay self-levelling compound later in the week. DH did some MB, which is good, as he had got out of the habit and we looked at various financial things.

Have been reading SSS's diary recently, so now thinking about our 'magic number' for FI. Eventually we might even get around to working out what it is! Problem is we don't intend to stay here so it seems slightly pointless. However, having received TSB's email about rates reducing to the level of our mortgage in Jan, investing/OPing seems to be the way to go. Will be considering the options soon.

Was pleased to discover that the Which trial I signed up for when looking at washing machines (£1 for a month with £7.50 £co cashback ), if I keep for another month (£10ish), I can access their Wills service for free. As this is something DH and I need to do (and it should be quite simple), I think I'll go for this.

Sold a couple of bits on the bay of E over the weekend - have just been to PO to dispatch them. Another £15 for the OP fund (and more out of the house!)
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 18th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    I lied yesterday!! Ebay produced £20, not £15. Including the spare change I paid into bank this morning, I've transferred £28 to OP fund, which now stands at £220.10. More than halfway to next OP now!

Yesterday I planted up some kale plants my Dad gave me at the weekend. Had to buy some copper tape, in the hope that this will stop the evil slugs. Have never had a winter crop before, and didn't realise kale was cut and come again, so am looking forward to this (we both love kale!).

Am working on an SOA, but have realised that this will involve going through all CC statements and bank statements for the last year to get an accurate pic of spending... So it may take a while.

Have had a letter for fuel supplier this morning saying they're putting our dd up - from £55 to £65. I'm not especially surprised, because they are green and their original dd seemed low. Will keep an eye on this though, although we're pretty good about turning lights etc. off and we have a new boiler (old one was G rated...).
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • Jessy103
    • By Jessy103 18th Oct 16, 10:55 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    Jessy103
    Hi there! Just been reading through your thread and just wanted to say good luck and well done so far! I'm a bit jealous actually because you're so on top of everything! I have subscribed so hopefully your organisation will rub off on me!

Jess x
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 18th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Hi Jess, thanks for popping by! I'm not sure I am on top of things, just selective reporting maybe! It's lovely that you've subscribed... I often feel as if I'm talking to myself! I'll have to find your diary - I think I've seen it - have you just started it?
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 19th Oct 16, 1:29 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Not a lot to report today. 40p TT. Some work done (not enough really and I know there's more coming but getting a bit concerned. No doubt it'll all come at once... always the way).

Have plasterer coming to lay self-levelling compound in hall this evening- packing cats and us off to in-laws for the night as house will be unusable until floor dries. Should be entertaining.... Not sure how fond in-laws will be of cats once they've wrecked their house! A stressful evening/night in store for the humans I think....

Off to London for a day out tomorrow - afternoon tea followed by a trip to see the Mousetrap. Love Agatha Christie and have never seen the play, so excited about this. Both bits are with vouchers from last Christmas/birthday, so we'll just have to pay for train/bus/Uber and any food we might need after theatre - will come out of treat fund though.

Have been plodding on with surveys etc. but it's quiet at the moment and I've not got a lot of enthusiasm! 1P at £23.25 and YSP nearly at payout (£19.15), but could still be a while before I get there! Still not had cheque from NV. YG at £43 now... wonder if I'll get to £50 before Christmas. Relisted a load of BIN bits on the bay of E, but doubt most will sell... they've been on there forever - anyone want two brand new oil filters for a car from the '90s? No, nor do I!

Must go and get on with some housework before a cat sits on me (honestly, every time I think about getting up and doing something else this seems to happen! )
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • try harder
    • By try harder 20th Oct 16, 6:51 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    try harder
    Have a wonderful day today themadvix ,i just love Agatha Christie too,sounds lovely .
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 21st Oct 16, 10:04 AM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Thanks TH! We had a lovely day - afternoon tea was yummy (and more than I could manage) and the Mousetrap was excellent And apart from train/bus fares, the only other money we spent was on drinks and a snack - using the change from our theatre tokens

Back to work today and quite a few bits to get done, which is good. I hate days when I don't have any work - I have to think about painting and other such stuff!

My sister's baby shower tomorrow... least said the better, but I've still got quite a bit to do (fortunately my cousin is organising, I've just got to do the things she's delegated to me... Still don't quite feel that I've got a handle on it though. Ugh....

Was a bit annoyed to have a text from a friend yesterday saying she'd got me the tickets for an evening out - I'd mentioned that it was quite far and I have something I'll be doing beforehand (a regular commitment, which she is well aware of) and that I'd get back to her - she seemed to take this that she should buy them unless I told her not, when really it was the other way around. Now means DH and I have to go to this evening at £11 each (including a Ploughman's), and will likely not get there until the food has gone/I'll be too tired to enjoy. Not overly impressed. As it's a charity do I doubt she can get the money back... and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to ask! Oh well, it should be fun, and I'll try to get away early from my volunteering.

Apart from sister's baby shower the weekend shouldn't be too expensive - imagine it'll involve decorating and Grand Prix...
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 24th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Sister's baby shower was ... interesting. I think that's all I'll say on the matter. But it was nice to see a few people who I've not seen in a long time. In good news, there was leftover food to bring home, so we're sorted for snacks, had extra prawn sandwiches for tea on Saturday and are drinking our way through the juice (which we wouldn't normally buy, so it's a nice treat).

Had some sad news yesterday - a close friend's dad has died. It wasn't at all unexpected, but still, it's not nice when it happens. This meant we didn't quite buzz about getting decorating done but we did manage some decluttering. Have a load of books and DVDs to get rid of - had thought about MM but at 30p for a season of Friends, I'm not convinced. Have asked Mum if she fancies a boot sale - she's got more than me to get rid of I think. If not, I think I'd be tempted to donate to CS instead.

Also discovered that our roof is leaking into one of the built-in bedroom cupboards! Not happy about this as am pretty sure it was caused by builders standing on our roof when next-door council house had roof replaced in the summer. Have spoken to council and waiting to hear back from them... Can see daylight in loft! Fortunately nothing of value stored in cupboard, but don't see why I should have to deal with expense and inconvenience of sorting the roof out when it was clearly someone else's fault.

Have a long long list of jobs to do this week, on top of an ever-increasing workload. Hopefully we'll get through most of them!

PS Have a menu planned for the week - hopefully it'll help free up brain space for the other jobs! Also uses only things we've got in
    Last edited by themadvix; 24-10-2016 at 1:22 PM.
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 26th Oct 16, 12:49 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    Week is flying past, but jobs are getting done. Was super impressed with council re roof - I rang on Monday, they sent someone out later that day, he climbed up, established that a tile had slipped rather than been cracked, therefore didn't think it was the contractors' fault, but climbed back up, pushed it into place with a bit of wood and told me about various bits that need attention up there! That's well above and beyond the call of duty, I'd say. But does mean we probably need to get a roofer to come and have a look at some bits. Another job to do....

Popped out last night and bought shoes and top for funeral - I've been putting off buying the shoes for about six months (my old ones are completely falling apart) and I didn't have anything suitable clothes-wise for a funeral. Haven't heard when it will be yet.

New glasses have arrived and seem ok - it always takes a bit of getting used to I find. Will give them a couple of days before they get a total thumbs up, but very impressed with service, if nothing else.

Menu plan is going well, roasted veg and Quorn escalopes tonight Bought ingredients (not MSE, from M*S) for sushi to use up sushi kit we were given that's sat in cupboard for 2 years It's well out of date, but I'm sure it'll be ok That's Friday's dinner. (ETA: neither of us have ever had sushi!)

In MS news... erm... apart from lots of work, did a phone survey yesterday for YSP, which will take me over payout threshold, so will have £20 coming from them. Have agreed to do more phone surveys - they're pretty painless and good ROI (it gives me someone to talk to during the day too!). NV cheque still hasn't turned up though DH & I going to look at joint bills a/c tonight - it has £4k in there, which is far more than needs to be.... OP fund here it comes! Oooh, also spent money on M*S cc, and used voucher so will get my £30 free there. Found 4p in the self-service change tray too - that went straight in the sheep-bank for OPing
    Last edited by themadvix; 26-10-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
    • try harder
    • By try harder 26th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 178 Posts
    • 454 Thanks
    try harder
    Hi themadvix,know what you mean about mm ,i sat for hours going through all my daughters old cds and decided it just wasnt worth the bother ,i did wonder too if they would deduct some of the money too when they received them as lots of cases were slightly broken and some covers ripped so at the minute they are all sitting in bags in the boot of my car,im unsure what to do with them now ,maybe take them to the charity shop.You sound just like me with the shoes ,i do actually have lots of pairs of shoes but tend to wear the same pair until they fall to pieces as they get so comfy and seem to mould to my feet.
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 26th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 1,281 Thanks
    themadvix
    I have funny shaped feet TH, so shoe shopping is always painful (literally and figuratively!). Fortunately these were standard M*S court shoes with a strap - my old pair were a nicer design, but these'll do for what I want and are at least comfy. Why can't they make shoes that fit and are nice to look at!
    OPs made 2016 = £6171.82
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

67Posts Today

3,201Users online

Martin's Twitter