Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    • 897Posts
    • 4,382Thanks
    themadvix
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off! 10th Mar 12 at 9:51 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    Having been a long time lurker on this board whilst saving for a house deposit (you’re all so friendly and positive that it’s an inspiring place to ‘hang out’), my fiance and I completed on our first house yesterday!

It’s a three-bedroomed terraced house in Hertfordshire (hence the long saving period) with an 80% LTV mortgage of £132,999 with Natwest, fixed for 2 years at 3.79%.

There’s just the two of us (and our new two fish, Rosie and Jim, inherited with the house!), but I work from home, hence the need for a third bedroom as office space. We won’t be moving in until June as the house needs some work doing and we’re getting married in June so it seemed to be a sensible option (as we both currently live with our parents…tragic I know in my late 20s, but nice mortgage rate as a result).

Obviously with house needing work and a wedding looming, I don’t expect to be making much in the way of overpayments for a while (but this won’t stop me rounding numbers down or transferring small bits across). Another issue is that although DF is employed (and hopefully about to get a new job in the company ), I am self-employed and therefore my income varies drastically from month to month. However, I have built up a fairly solid client base over the last five years, and especially in the last year, so I hope that this will continue to improve and that I will be able to contribute to overpayments.

DF is the spreadsheet nut, so I’m hoping he’ll get it set up for me so I can play with figures soon (although I have no idea what a pivot table is and am not convinced I need to know! ) We’re already a very MSE couple having been saving for so long – we cashback, do surveys, shop around, get the freebies that are relevant to us and have already (having gone to the house last night) established that if I’m paying the energy bills we’ll be living in a cold house! In all seriousness though, we are both on board with the idea of overpaying the mortgage - it just makes sense!

So, for the moment this diary will be a place to record the small things I do as well as the little overpayments I make (once my mortgage shows up in online banking!). Once June has flown past and we’re back from our honeymoon, I’ll get a grip on income and expenditure and work out an SOA and how much we can regularly overpay.

Vicky

PS Long, long term, this isn’t our forever home and one day we’d like to build our own environmentally friendly home! But more of that in the future…
    Last edited by themadvix; 21-11-2016 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Because I got the interest rate wrong!!
Page 28
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 13th Jun 17, 8:59 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all!

Thanks for the support TH and BM - it's much appreciated. As you say TH, it's unbelievably stressful/frustrating. After a quiet few months early in the year, to know that work has picked up again but not be seeing the results of it is sooooo annoying. And you know that it wouldn't be accepted if the situation was the reverse (i.e. I didn't do the work for weeks on end) or if they'd not got paid their salary. I've even pointed out to them that they are one of my biggest clients and therefore I rely on their income to pay my bills... it doesn't seem to make a difference though. Still no news this morning. I do, however, have quite a bit of work from clients who *do* pay, so I'm focusing on that! (Thank goodness there are some good payers in the world!).

In kitchen news... our electrician friend came round last night. The news was not good. The kitchen needs rewiring (and we need a new circuit board, but we knew that). We're looking at somewhere between £1000 and £1750 (maybe less if electrician friend and his mate do it, but timing-wise that might be tricky). That's as much as the kitchen itself!! And the ceiling has to come down... so I've booked the asbestos tester, he's coming today... another ~£70 (not that I would skimp on this, but it all adds up). We do have the money, but it will wipe out the remainder of DH's winnings (the £5000 for a work prize), which I didn't really want to do. DH keeps reminding me that it will add more value to the house than we spend (and as half the kitchen cabinets are already in the garden, it's a bit late to change our minds!).

Friend also said he thinks it'll take about a month as we're doing as much of it as possible.... so I'm thinking I need to make some more ready meals for the freezer. Supermarket delivery is arriving shortly, so will crack on with that too today. I foresee a lot of pasta in the future!

MS things:
    * £14 payout from VB
    * Won £12 voucher in GFK TV survey draw - will exchange this with others for B&Q voucher for decorating
    * Prolific at £13.60
    * Resisted temptation of takeaway last night (before shock of electrics prices!)

Gratitudes:
    * Having a new kitchen is (to an extent) a want not a need and we're in the position that we can afford this
    * Cute video of ever-cuter niece this morning
    * Cat did not puke on new wood floor or new carpet (wow, that is scraping the barrel....). Hoping this was an isolated incident and I'll offer him some more breakfast in a while (poor thing, it all came straight back up).
    * Sparrows seem to be taking an interest in nesting in our garden
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    Starting balance 2012: £132000; balance June 2017: £99,974
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 13th Jun 17, 5:17 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Productive day today:

* Asbestos man has been and we'll have results tomorrow - I love dealing with this company, they are so efficient (amazing what a difference being a largely trade-based organisation makes)!
    * Have claimed £20 B&Q vouchers from Gfk
    * Claimed £30 leisure vouchers from S&S
    * Prolific balance £16.80
    * 50p YG survey completed
    * 10p VB poll
    * 2 pieces of work done, another started
    * Muchos sympathy from the people I deal with directly at the non-paying company (rather than the finance peeps, although the main one I deal with there is lovely too, the problem isn't really hers to deal with)
    * Hopefully a freecycle taker for the kitchen cabinets in the garden - this saves time and petrol going to the dump, so I'm counting it as an MSE win!
    * Dinner on, with enough cooking for a freezer portion (for one)
    * DH has gone to collect 'free' pair of glasses which the opticians did for him as an apology for the delay on his other pair
    * SBs survey completed - an actual noticeable increase in bucks today!
    * Veg box cancelled - trying to save money

Kitty seems better - he had some plain kibble at lunch and it's stayed down. He was hungry, poor thing!

Hoping we might get out for a quick walk this evening before my evening class. Have a good evening all!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 14th Jun 17, 9:24 AM
    • 27,493 Posts
    • 149,274 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Poor little kitty! Glad he/she seems better.

Freecycling the cabinets to avoid paying out in time and petrol at the dump is definitely a win, on many levels, excellent news.

How did you find your asbestos tester, madvix? I put a query into a national site that tells you about your local options, and I just kept getting "we're looking" emails from them - I'm pretty sure there's at least two places where I have asbestos.
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 14th Jun 17, 9:50 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Hi KC! Kitty is better and he has kept dinner and breakfast down - I think it must have been something he'd munched in the garden just before breakfast yesterday.

We use THC services for our asbestos testing - our electrician friend put us onto them. They're based in Milton Keynes though, so probably not going to cover your area. They do cover London though, so might be worth asking, or they might know the next company down?

Freecycler should be coming 'after lunch' today (I love how vague people can be!).

Work has gone mad, of course, to the extent that I had to turn something down. It was a pity as subject-wise it was right in my area of expertise, but it needed a lot of work (and was a large project) and I've already got a lot on. Payment from the late-payers is due tomorrow... we'll see.

MS things:
    * SB survey already done, have hit first target for the day and it seems to be a swagcode day - yay!
    * VB screen out - 5p
    *Gfk tv survey done
    * Plan to visit the Swedish furniture place again tomorrow - potentially to order kitchen, but definitely to pick up a base unit (we need to check 'lack of' service void/waste issues) and for free hotdog dinner (hopefully, I mean, I might win a £500 voucher instead!) (we already have one voucher).

Gratitudes
    * Gorgeous weather at the moment - it was still light and warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirt when I came home from evening class yesterday - at 9.30
    * Nice walk with DH in a park we'd not been to before
    * New card game - exploding kittens - was great fun A good investment on DH's part
    * DH and I both feeling motivated and focused at the moment - it's nice when these feelings coincide!

ETA: We're babysitting tonight for niece!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 14th Jun 17, 5:33 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Another productive day today:

* Swagcode extravaganza, so balance is looking good (80 SBs today)
    * A hellish piece of work completed - unfortunately the time spent on this won't be reflected in the pay I get, but it goes that way sometimes (other times it goes my way)
    * Another piece of work done
    * Have reached £20 on prolific once it all clears, so will withdraw that
    * VB back up to £2.14
    * NV £1 survey done
    * Saving on electricity this evening by taking dinner to sister's to eat while babysitting! Just hoping niece stays asleep!
    * freecyclers turned up and took all the cupboards - result! They've gone to a new home and I don't have to make multiple dump runs. Hopefully we'll be able to do the same with most of the rest of the kitchen (base units) - when someone mentioned a skip the other day I was taken aback - why would I have a skip?! (money + landfill, not a good combination in my eyes!)

All the work means I haven't got out to do various jobs... if I get caught up tomorrow I'll try to do some then. But to work!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 15th Jun 17, 1:29 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Afternoon all!

Not a lot to report - niece was fast asleep and as good as gold last night, have even offered to babysit again! (We enjoyed the use of sky!). Looking forward to an evening out (I know how to have, going to Ikea for the second time in two weeks!) - we go through Woburn deer park to get there, so going to take our camera and hopefully get some good sunset shots on the way home

MS things:
    * 50p and 25p YG surveys
    * Awaiting approval and then will be able to cash out £20 from prolific
    * Made some garibaldi biscuits - this is definitely MSE as I think it must be war-time recipe, hardly any sugar involved. Used the rest of the egg glaze and the ends of the bread to make eggy bread for lunch (not entirely healthy, but very economical!)
    * Lots of work done
    *VB poll and 20p YSP survey done, screened out of MM survey
    * TV survey done
    * SBs daily goal reached

Gratitudes
    * Niece didn't wake up! (Although I'd have loved a cuddle, I'm not sure my sister would have been thrilled to come home and find her awake)
    * Springwatch last night - I've hardly seen any this series
    * Another game of exploding kittens - which I lost, again!
    * Early morning walk this morning... am going for another one shortly, trying to actually reach my step goal today (Ikea will help!)

Have a good afternoon all! x
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 16th Jun 17, 11:02 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all!

Can't quite believe it's Friday already - where did the week go? I'm hoping to finish up the last few bits of work on my desk in the next hour or so and then get some of the 'out and about' jobs ticked off my to-do list - it's building up! Fortunately apart from seeing fathers on Sunday we've not go much planned for the weekend - so we'll crack on with stuff then.

In great news, the Americans have paid! (Until Sunday, that is, when another invoice comes due and I can start the chasing all over again... I did mention this to my contact but I haven't been paid that invoice). Hopefully this means that at the end of the month I can settle some of the many 'debts' between my accounts and tidy up my spreadsheet (which is full of notes say 'I owe XX to XX account'). Anything left over will be used to start topping my buffer fund back up - it's taken a beating over the last few months. It will be nice to be square again.

MS things:
    * 10p VB poll, 6SBs earned
    * receipt uploaded to S&S (I'm bad at remembering to do this, so this is a good win)
    * won a hot dog with purchase at IKEA last night, so DH and I had free hotdogs (see below)
    * balance on Prolific about £28, but waiting for the last £3 to clear before claiming £20
    * am trying very hard to self-care for leg/hip (it has been playing up again) - I really can't afford to keep spending £40/week on osteo. She gave me some good tips, so I need to keep going with them.

Not-so MS things:
    * hotdogs weren't enough to feed us so we ended up having meat/veg balls in the restaurant - with a drink between us and half price Family Card discount it came to £4.75... pretty good for dinner for two!
    * I need some trousers for next weekend - going to an event which starts and ends at a Cambridge college - I live in jeans and I just don't think they'll cut it. May need some sandals to go with them (due to nature of event). Have seen some on DP website for £17.60 (reduced) - hoping I can find them when I go out later.

Gratitudes:
    * Saw lots of deer in the deer park last night and took some photos. We weren't the only people there enjoying the view.
    * A tawny owl flew across in front of us on the way home (who needs Springwatch?!)
    * A good night's sleep - these have been few and far between recently
    * Brown Owl has been excellent at organising Brownie stuff lately - my brain just hasn't been there!
    * A week till we see Robbie!!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 16th Jun 17, 11:07 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Whoops, duplicate post!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 16th Jun 17, 1:31 PM
    • 27,493 Posts
    • 149,274 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Owls and deer

And payment
    Retired August 2016
    • blackste
    • By blackste 18th Jun 17, 8:02 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    blackste
    Hi Vix.

Just caught up with the diary after a few days away. kitchen project sounds interesting, but the asbestos issue sounds to be a pain in the a$$. Did they come back and confirm if it was asbestos?

Other than that some great results this week. keep up the hard work.
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
    • EatingTheElephant
    • By EatingTheElephant 18th Jun 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 5,522 Thanks
    EatingTheElephant
    Owls and deer

And payment
    Originally posted by Karmacat
    Seconded, sounds wonderful
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 19th Jun 17, 11:09 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning all! Isn't it hot?? There's no escape! (I'm fussy, I know - I like it warm, but not roasting!)

Thanks for popping by EtE and Blackste. The asbestos test came back negative, so we're all good there (thought it probably would be as test in hall was negative, but it's not worth not checking!). Still waiting to hear from electrician friend about timing.... grr...

Had a good weekend - did various jobs around the house and garden, very gently in the heat! DH made an excellent quorn korma on Friday night (Jamie's recipe, but actually making the paste rather than using Patak's (not so MSE as the patak's is in the back of the fridge!). Even better, there was enough left over for Saturday

MS things:
    * Paid in £9.57 from sheepybank - change and couple of FB sales - transferred to OP fund.
    * Didn't buy the £99.99 pair of sandals I found and liked for next weekend - I nearly had kittens, all the other pairs (which didn't fit quite right) had been about the £50/£60 mark (which is still a lot, but I very rarely buy shoes and struggle to find comfy ones, which all of these were). Will go to M&S and hope they have some.
    * Decided I can wear some trousers I already have for next weekend
    * £2 Prolific survey done - am still waiting for surveys to be approved before I can draw payment from there!
    * Have done most of my tax return, but need to finish and check it
    * Fed tomatoes
    * S&S and Fotg submitted
    * Dinner at in-laws last night

Gratitudes:
    * Seeing the in-laws - it felt like it had been a while!
    * With grass cut and a few more plants in, garden is beginning to look lovely
    * Time with DH, not running around (shopping trip into market town on Saturday morning, didn't spend much, but good time together).

Lots of work to do today and have picked up a bit of work for a new client on Weds. Happy Monday everyone!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 20th Jun 17, 6:41 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Evening all!

Had a busy day today, so this has been first chance to log on. Finished up work for new client this morning - they were very happy and have said they'll send any more my way. Then sis and I took niece to a local NT property - sister had made a picnic, so I bought the ice creams (but used the gift card we got for Christmas ). Had a lovely day in the park, walking round the farm and in the house, but it was very hot!

DH picked up a random woman after work today.....!! He was contacted on LiftShare (he's been on there ages but hasn't ever shared a lift) this morning about a regular commute the same as his - the woman was very organised and he gave her a lift home this evening. Hopefully this will turn into a regular thing and should net about £15/week

Other MS things:
    * reached pay out on Prolific at last but annoyed to see I've been waiting to avoid the PP fees but they've introduced them for payments over £20 Still, £24 heading my way.
    * VB poll, TV survey
    * Checked FPL and WaD, no luck (I do this every day)

Gratitudes:
    * Lovely day with sister and niece and virtually no cost to either of us
    * Beautiful calf and lambs at the farm
    * Lots of birds living in the barns at the farm - lovely!
    * Evening class cancelled this evening (typical when I've been on top of homework this
    week!), so quiet evening in, trying to keep cool!

Have a good evening all
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 20th Jun 17, 10:44 PM
    • 2,870 Posts
    • 12,305 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi Vix, I spend a lot of time lurking here but noticed what you said about PA and PP payout - I've started using circle instead which is free over £20 and I've had no problems - had fifth payout today just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know.
    £800/3000 OH BC(73.33% PAID)
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x2, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Debt: £800/31010.23 (97.42% paid)
    Mortgage - £162,900.00 (2017 O/P £1312.91) PAYDBX 17 #006 - £15299.59/14,539.71 Make £10 Apr £194.58 Make £10 May £159.75 Make £10 June £266.85
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 21st Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Thanks Kirsty, but as I have to put it through my business and that would mean setting up a circle account in my accounts, I think I'll probably just stick to PP (I'll write off the charges as expenses). I've never heard of circle though, so it's good to know it's not dodgy!

Have various jobs to do today out and about... not looking forward to being in my car (although I will take the roof out ) Will be a spendy day as I'm hoping to buy some sandals for the weekend. I also need to pull and stew some rhubarb - it's threatening to take over the garden again.

We caved and had takeaway here last night - a combination of factors, including our kitchen being like a furnace! It was yummy though, so I'm putting down as money well spent.

MS things:
    * Couple of small bits of work this morning, expecting some more in today
    * £3 PC survey done
    *£1.50 YG survey done
    * Have chased debt collectors about Ukrainians... it's all gone quiet again

Gratitudes:
    * The jobs I need to do involve a nice country drive
    * I can take the roof out of my car
    * There'll be air con in the shops!

Have good days all!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Jessy103
    • By Jessy103 21st Jun 17, 10:22 AM
    • 343 Posts
    • 1,387 Thanks
    Jessy103
    That's the thing with takeaways, they're so blooming yummy!! You have to have a treat every now and again! x
    Original Mortgage Amount 2007 - £87,310.50
    Mortgage Amount April 2017 - £64,990.00
    Overpayment Target for 2017 - £5,000 /£3,246.76
    Jan - £873.26 Feb - £185.38 March - £269.07 April - £193.66 May - £467.64 June - £407.79 July - £849.96
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 21st Jun 17, 10:32 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Totally agree Jess, and for once I didn't make myself feel really guilty about it and therefore it didn't mar my enjoyment of it... and we didn't have prawn toasts, so it was cheap really!

* £1.70 Prolific survey done....

Must get out now!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 22nd Jun 17, 2:04 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    Afternoon all!

It's finally cooler here today - at last. (Sorry sun-loving people, but it's just been too hot for me lately!).

So.... since yesterday afternoon I think I've entered well over 100 competitions. I have phases of entering lots of comps, but never as many as this before... Fingers crossed I win something!!

MS things:
    * £1.50 NV survey
    * 25p YSP survey, 10p VB poll
    * First target on SBs reached
    * Checked FPL
    * Searches on Bing for points
    * Am going to sign up for the 3 months for 99p Spotify offer - DH has a subscription, so it'll save us £29
    * Dinner from stores last night, and leftovers for lunch (for me) and dinner (DH)
    * Free chippy tea for me as helping dad run a quiz tonight
    * Popped out to do a few jobs yesterday evening and went to Asda for top up shop - at whoopsie time, so rolls for the next few days for 57p (and some doughnuts... 38p, but DH had only had a pastry all day (he thought work was providing lunch), so he was starving!)
    * DH's car share seems to be going well
    * Have opened a TCB account as I've still not had a response from £co or any cashback paid. Am fed up with them now, especially as I've paid the premium fee and I'm still not actually getting any cashback!

Bought some sandals in M&S last night for Sunday. £40, so *much* cheaper than ones I was looking at and it's probably a good thing I have some smartish sandals for the summer. Will be able to wear them to Wimbledon too (going with DH's work posh corporate do with hotel stay too! Although we will have to pay for train and cat care).

Gratitudes:
    * The lovely breeze!!
    * Fish and chips tonight - my favourite
    * Seeing some old colleagues tonight

Have a good afternoon everyone!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 23rd Jun 17, 7:59 AM
    • 27,493 Posts
    • 149,274 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Over 100 comps! It's something I keep meaning to do, but I very rarely do ... I used to do the itv ones all the time, as they were free online but no more. How long did you work at it?
    Retired August 2016
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 23rd Jun 17, 8:38 AM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,382 Thanks
    themadvix
    I don't honestly know Karma, and I'm still going... I'm finding it a bit addictive if I'm honest! Not won anything yet I should think the initial 100 only took a couple of hours - auto form fill is your friend

Today won't be very money-saving as we're off to see Robbie! But we are considering driving now, as the trains seem expensive (and we'll have a car full). We're going with our 6-month pregnant friend, so it seems like it might be a good idea! (She wasn't pregnant when we bought the tickets!)

Have entered more comps this morning, got quite a bit of work to do before DH comes home at lunchtime. Must remember to write his anniversary card - 5 years of marriage today - it goes so fast!!

Have a good day all!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

998Posts Today

7,378Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin