Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    • 716Posts
    • 2,837Thanks
    themadvix
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:51 AM
    Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off! 10th Mar 12 at 9:51 AM
    Hi Everyone,
    Having been a long time lurker on this board whilst saving for a house deposit (you’re all so friendly and positive that it’s an inspiring place to ‘hang out’), my fiance and I completed on our first house yesterday!

It’s a three-bedroomed terraced house in Hertfordshire (hence the long saving period) with an 80% LTV mortgage of £132,999 with Natwest, fixed for 2 years at 3.79%.

There’s just the two of us (and our new two fish, Rosie and Jim, inherited with the house!), but I work from home, hence the need for a third bedroom as office space. We won’t be moving in until June as the house needs some work doing and we’re getting married in June so it seemed to be a sensible option (as we both currently live with our parents…tragic I know in my late 20s, but nice mortgage rate as a result).

Obviously with house needing work and a wedding looming, I don’t expect to be making much in the way of overpayments for a while (but this won’t stop me rounding numbers down or transferring small bits across). Another issue is that although DF is employed (and hopefully about to get a new job in the company ), I am self-employed and therefore my income varies drastically from month to month. However, I have built up a fairly solid client base over the last five years, and especially in the last year, so I hope that this will continue to improve and that I will be able to contribute to overpayments.

DF is the spreadsheet nut, so I’m hoping he’ll get it set up for me so I can play with figures soon (although I have no idea what a pivot table is and am not convinced I need to know! ) We’re already a very MSE couple having been saving for so long – we cashback, do surveys, shop around, get the freebies that are relevant to us and have already (having gone to the house last night) established that if I’m paying the energy bills we’ll be living in a cold house! In all seriousness though, we are both on board with the idea of overpaying the mortgage - it just makes sense!

So, for the moment this diary will be a place to record the small things I do as well as the little overpayments I make (once my mortgage shows up in online banking!). Once June has flown past and we’re back from our honeymoon, I’ll get a grip on income and expenditure and work out an SOA and how much we can regularly overpay.

Vicky

PS Long, long term, this isn’t our forever home and one day we’d like to build our own environmentally friendly home! But more of that in the future…
    Last edited by themadvix; 21-11-2016 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Because I got the interest rate wrong!!
Page 20
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 6th Mar 17, 10:00 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    I forgot to add that the guy who wanted £105 for sitting in your house was also self-employed, so probably would be working while there - it seems like a pretty awesome way to live (especially as I bet he gets lots of gigs in central London with nice flats!). Ironically, I'm not sure about letting a stranger into my house to feed the cats, but I am considering joining up to offer my services (I guess I might change my mind once I've had a few goes).

Saturday was lovely - met some friends in London for a walk, lunch and a few beers from my favourite brewery in the new bar they've opened. It wasn't cheap, but DH and I were very restrained and explained that things were tight this month. I don't think our friends really understood this, but being SE it's easy to say I've not had much work, ergo not much money. Some of the money for this will come from our 'treat fund' savings, so not desperately worried about the expenditure.

Had a grotty headache all day yesterday (not from the whole pint and a third I had on Saturday!), so didn't do huge amounts. Put some bits from the Brownies on FB to sell and quite a bit went (we had a clear out of Brownie cupboard on Friday), so that's a few pennies in for them. Ebay auction ended for snow globe - £35!! Was very pleased with that Nothing else sold that was finishing yesterday, so have relisted a few bits. £30 after fees has been transferred to the OP fund.

VB money should be paid this week, so that'll be another £14 heading to the OP fund.

Still very little work, but I'm hoping there will be a large project from my main client soon - there usually is at this time of year. Have done other little bits and have been in touch with a couple of agencies I've not worked for for a while. Have chased the debt collectors again this morning about Ukrainians. We'll see what they say.

Having lunch at sister's today and dinner at in-laws' this evening and will get my hair cut whilst there. I have £12, need to find another £3 in cash for SIL. Am to find it down the back of the sofa!

In the meantime, I'd better head over to the PO with all my parcels Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by themadvix; 06-03-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    Starting balance 2012: £132000; balance Feb 2017: £103, 019.99
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 6th Mar 17, 10:30 AM
    • 27,118 Posts
    • 145,326 Thanks
    Karmacat
    Spreading the word about your biz, and what you can do/how quickly, is probably important, so its good that you've been in touch with the agencies.

Have a good walk over to the PO - lovely sunshine here, and I'm off out myself soon
    Retired August 2016

Goal: earnings of £25k from new opportunities from September 2016 to December 2020 when my state pension kicks in.Save
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 7th Mar 17, 10:39 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Forgot to mention a couple of bits of luck over the past few days: DH rang up to close a long dormant B**claycard account on Friday evening. They did not want him to leave.... he ended up with a £25 credit on his account! And yesterday I had a letter from Sc0ttishp0wer saying that we were owed some money from when we left them, which would be credited to our account within a fortnight. Now SP were not our last fuel provider and I'm pretty sure when we left them I had to ask and wait a long time, but I did get my credit back... so I can't imagine this will be much, but I'm amused by the fact that they're sending us anything, at least 3 years after we left them! It'll probably be pennies

Speaking of, just been over to post a few more tiny sales (profit £3), and found a penny on the floor - scanning the floor constantly obviously pays off!

Will be spending today reminding agencies I've not worked for for years that I'm here (and please could they send me some work!!).

Also going to sort out some currency for our holiday later in the year - before the £ nosedives again with Article 50. Fortunately I put this away a while ago.

Things to be grateful for (much needed):
    * lovely smiles from niece yesterday and nice lunch with mum and sis
    * sunshine today!
    * small progress on decluttering with Ebay sales
    * evening class tonight (and while I haven't yet done the homework, I've been doing other bits to practice all week )
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • try harder
    • By try harder 7th Mar 17, 3:25 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    try harder
    That was good finding a penny ,you should have lots of good luck now .Well done on getting the £25 credit too .
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 7th Mar 17, 3:30 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Thanks TH - hope the penny pays off!

Have just finished reading MvM's thread from the beginning - wow, I wish I had his motivation! I love the ebaying of random found items! You don't want to rummage in rubbish 'round here.

Spent much of this morning updating my professional profiles on website I'd forgotten I even had profiles on. Had positive replies from the two agencies I've sent my up-to-date details to, so fingers crossed all this will make a difference. Will continue to contact further agencies over the next few days (the dealing with small print on the website was giving me a headache). Have established (sneakily) that new project for big client doesn't seem to have started without me (which I was beginning to worry about), so thinking it's probably just a bit late this time around.

Have just taken a batch of biccies out of the oven, so those will last the next couple of weeks of snacks. Bonus is that oven has warmed me/house up a bit - have resisted putting heating on (it might be sunny, but it's cold out!)

Am now considering mowing the lawn.... am I mad?!

ETA: I forgot to say I'd ordered holiday cash - from Sains, was one of the top rates and got an even better rate with my Nctar card Picking that up tomorrow afternoon.
    Last edited by themadvix; 07-03-2017 at 3:32 PM.
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Kittenkirst
    • By Kittenkirst 7th Mar 17, 6:34 PM
    • 1,277 Posts
    • 6,063 Thanks
    Kittenkirst
    Ooooh freshly baked biscuits....I'm impressed that they will last you a few weeks, mine only last a few days if I'm lucky
    Emergency savings- £2170.20 /£4000
    Mortgage Oct '16- £170.995 LTV- 90% end date Nov 2041
    2016 OPs £255.50/£150
    2017 MFW #20 - OP £948.07/ £2150. 44%
    Jan- £68.21, Feb- £306.67, March- £272.01 April-£301.69
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 8th Mar 17, 8:47 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Morning All!

KK - home made biscuits are generally the only sort here as I try to avoid unnecessary plastic packaging, so I bake all goodies! So maybe that affects how quickly they go down? I also made a double batch, so that helps too.

A little bit of work to do this morning - yay! And I'll continue to contact past clients and see what happens.

I need to have a look and see what seeds I've got in the cupboard and start planning what I'm going to grow this year. Problem is, we don't really have anywhere we can start seedlings off under cover as the cats like to eat them and knock things over. I have a tiny Ikea glass house (footprint the size of a seed tray), so I might need to call that into use. Am also wondering if it's worth starting any seedlings to take as babies to the car boot - I've got the compost (I think!) and the seeds and pots, so little to no cost and might make a few pennies. I'll see what I've got and have a think. The kale my Dad bought me is at last beginning to grow - might get more than a few leaves from it after all!

Not sure what else the day holds, apart from surveys and housework (there's always plenty of that to be getting on with!). There's a man coming later to collect something I put on Freecycle and I need to collect the currency from Sains later - will get a few bits of food while I'm there, so not a NSD.

Back later to update!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • atypicalblonde
    • By atypicalblonde 8th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 11,577 Thanks
    atypicalblonde
    Hey hun which thread was it you've read from the beginning? I need some motivation today xx
    MFW
    Mortgage 8.2.15 - £171,064.64 Mortgage 22.3.17 - £129,998.19
    Look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 8th Mar 17, 11:51 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    It was Man vs Mortage with Rasputin Thorpedo - he has far too much energy! Hope it helps!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 10th Mar 17, 10:55 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of us getting the keys to our first home together and so today is the 5th anniversary of my diary (with gaps!). In that time we've paid off £30,000 and reduced the term of the mortgage by 4.5 years. They're about the only stats I can give as I don't have my original OP spreadsheet! Either way, I'm pretty pleased with this progress, especially considering we took a couple of years off while saving for a fancy holiday (and doing some other life-enhancing things). At the moment we're not projected to get under £100K until October, but hopefully we'll be able to bring this forward soon.

Work is still desperately quiet, so although we have an OP ready to go, we're holding onto the money at the moment. I have just emailed my main client to ask about the big project - I'd been putting it off as I don't want to come across as entitled (and it always sounds a bit desperate to ask!), but I really do need to know now. Fingers crossed it's just a bit late starting.

I didn't update yesterday as there wasn't much to say - a little bit of work, surveys, lots of housework, cut the grass , the usual. DH and I had meal planned enchiladas and a beer for dinner to celebrate 5 years here... not quite the fish and chips we had the night we got the keys!

I did sell an item on ebay that ended last night - should be about £5 after fees. Will pop it in the post later. I'm meeting a Guiding friend later at a community museum - only for an hour, so hoping we'll avoid a cuppa. I'll pay in a cheque for expenses that's owed to DH later (only £8, but every penny counts at the moment) and I need to pick up some milk (2pts, carefully calculated to last to Monday when next delivery is). I've been being good and having porridge for breakfast most days, which is much cheaper than cornflakes and I use a lot less milk. Dinner for tonight is fridge-bottom stir fry (Friday night special) and tomorrow we're having hm pizzas - all from stores. DH and I are going to be like ships passing next week, so I need to have a look at the meal plan and come up with some quick and easy meals - I bought a dozen eggs last week, so think these might be featuring!

SIL is overdue for having her baby now, so at some point we'll be going up to visit them and will need to buy a present (am hoping it's a boy, as I have a card and wrapping paper already!). I'm also taking Mum out next weekend - we're going to the seaside - the trip has been long in the planning, and everyone else in the family is away, so we thought we'd treat ourselves. I'll be paying as it's part of her big birthday present - this shouldn't be a problem, probably only fuel and some lunch/a snack (I might even take snacks).

Still no sign of the SP 'refund' in our account - I'm checking daily, even though I'm sure it'll be pennies!

Things I'm grateful for (focusing a lot on these at the moment):
    * glorious sunshine yesterday - 3 loads of washing done, lawn mowed AND I got to sit out in the sun and eat my lunch - spring has arrived!!
    * smell of freshly cut grass
    * chilled night in with DH, binge-watching Nashville
    * meeting friend today for a natter
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 14th Mar 17, 9:08 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Didn't manage to update yesterday as I was inundated with work! It seems there are advantages in my line of work to Brexit - temporary ones at least. Urgent work had to be completed in case May triggers Article 50 today (although it seems like she won't). So I didn't have time to do anything else, apart from post some ebay parcels. Am annoyed with myself as I messed up the postage and made virtually nothing on one of the items as a result. Ho hum, you live and learn.... I took the other messed up one down to the courier collection point instead. I hope the purchaser doesn't mind that it's not coming by RM.

Have been paid by VB, so have transferred another £23 into the OP fund. SP have refunded us £20 - no idea where from, but am very pleased about this.... also transferred to the OP fund!

More work this morning, so I'm feeling like I'm beginning to get back onto an even keel, which is a huge relief, financially and mentally...

Am still eating porridge for breakfast, which is having very positive effects on our milk consumption Have cancelled this week's veg box again as DH is away one night with work and then all weekend on a stag do.

I met a friend for dinner last night (after some volunteering). Had two courses in a the pub for £5 - there was a set menu and she had a the starter and I had the main and dessert all for £10.49 and then we got 20% discount too with her AA membership! Result! £8.22 for our dinner was pretty good

Today I'm hoping to get work done in time to see sis and niece as they're going away for a long weekend. Also need to do my h/w for evening class and remember to pick DH from the station (he's in London today) It's amazing how a bit of work can change my whole outlook on life

Oh, and SIL had her baby on Sunday morning - a girl, so I have to buy a card, wrap and present! We'll be going to see them in a couple of weeks, so I nab these bits next time I pop into town.
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • ch4rly2002
    • By ch4rly2002 14th Mar 17, 9:57 AM
    • 154 Posts
    • 590 Thanks
    ch4rly2002
    I'm glad that Brexit is benefitting someone, it seems to have been all doom and gloom so far, but I'm sorry it's only temporary. It's completely ravaging my sector I genuinely hope it all works out for the best and settles down eventually but I'm not entirely convinced and I think it will be a bumpy ride in the short term. I saw the House of Lords backed down so May might trigger article 50 soon, so I'm sure it was worth you sorting the work out in advance. Anyway, I try not to get too political in case it upsets people so I'll move on.
    Sounds like a good couple of wins for the OP pot Well done! You're well on your way to your OP target for 2017.
    £8.22 for your dinners - that's amazing!
    I've been there with the eBay postage calculation mix up.... frustrating isn't it?! I'm sure the buyer won't mind you sending it via a courier rather than Royal Mail. I normally send larger parcels through Hermes and I send the tracking number to the buyer with an explanation that it will take a few days to arrive. In my experience they appreciate having a tracking number and don't mind the slower delivery as much as they can track it and see where it is in the delivery process.
    Congratulations on the new baby niece! Shame you couldn't use the card and wrapping paper you had, but I'm sure someone will have a boy at some point
    Savings: Aim £10k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Current £8,750
    Mortgage: Dec 2014 -£216,000 / Current -£200,200.00
    BTL Mortgage: Dec 2014 -£136,000/ Current -£126,695 .00
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Current -£35,655.49
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Current -£14,310.60
    CC 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Current -£3,724.38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 14th Mar 17, 10:01 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Thanks Ch4rly! Feel free to get political... the only gains for my business will be short term - it's likely to have fairly dire long-term consequences!

I was convinced that BIL and SIL were going to have a boy (as were they, I think), so it's come as quite a surprise! There are babies hatching all round at the moment, so I'm sure there'll be a boy soon.
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 15th Mar 17, 12:28 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Hi All,

Not a lot to report today, just finishing off some extra work that came in yesterday. Continuing with surveys and have (hopefully) sold a couple of bits on FB group (a whole 50p's worth!). Have some plumbing bits listed on ebay and they're not shifting. Am wondering about trying them as a job lot on a local FB selling group - any ideas as to whether this might work?! (Would a plumber buy them? They're all priced reasonably on the Bay, but then there's P&P...).

Have booked car in for a new tyre on Monday - needed as it's got a nail in and quite worn (advisories on MOT). Money will come from car maintenance fund, but was pleased to get a few pounds off with a voucher.

Washing out on line, enjoying the lovely sunshine!

DH away with work tonight, so curry from the freezer for me (with hm naan )

I'm off out to enjoy the sunshine for a bit!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • try harder
    • By try harder 15th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 369 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    try harder
    Try them on faceboox or gumtrex then people can collect ,gumtrex is brilliant.
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 16th Mar 17, 8:19 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Hi TH, thanks for that - I never think of Gumtree and have never tried but looking at it it might be the answer. It's certainly worth a try!

Might be able to rehome some of the ever expanding numbers of pond fish on there too!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 16th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    £40 from 1P arrived last night, so just transferred that and the 50p from FB sales to my OP fund - now at £487. It's earning 5% where it is so although I'd rather the mortgage account was below £100K (which this wouldn't make it, but it would be closer), it's actually doing more good where it is and if I need it I can access it. Is it bad that I do need to take some money out of savings, but they won't be coming from this? Not just because of the interest rate but because I've worked so hard to scrape this money together! It just seems it would be easier to take the money required out of 'proper' savings (which is what they're there for, being SE) and pay it back at the end of the month when I get paid.

No work as yet today, but some lined up for next week and I know that there's a big project from my main client coming at the end of the month (I was concerned it wasn't going to come, but it seems it's just a bit later than normal). Hopefully this will start to arrive in time for me to invoice as part of this month's income - all my other work is for Americans who have 45 day payment terms, so not much use for cashflow.

Will be chasing the debt collectors today and replying to my longstanding non-payer who lives in the Middle East.... it's a long story, but I don't chase him for money and I think when can actually afford to pay, he will.

Will also investigate GT for selling a few bits.

DH home tonight and we're going for a meal at our favourite cheapy Mexican restaurant - last time we ate there (starter and mains), with Tastecard, it came to £20 (and we had the place virtually to ourselves)! This is delayed date night as we didn't feel we could justify it earlier in the month - I think we'll use DH's £25 Barclaycard credit to pay

Off on a jolly tomorrow - DH has a meeting in Suffolk and as he's only working a half day and got to catch a train in London at 2.30 for the stag do, I'm taking him to the meeting (mileage paid by company) and bringing car back after dropping him at station. I love Suffolk, so while he's in the meeting I'll have a pootle around (will take lappy in case there's work to do). Have also been invited to join them for breakfast as I know the folks he's meeting with I love an occasional cooked breakfast (even better when it's paid for by someone else!)

Things I am grateful for today:

* A (relatively) good night's sleep - have struggled a lot recently and between naps yesterday afternoon and a sleep last night, I'm feeling much more positive!
    * Gorgeous weather yesterday - sat out in the garden with my book at lunchtime
    * Two pieces of handwritten post this week - letters from friends; I must write back!
    * The fact that people on here are mad enough to read my waffling posts!

Have a good day everyone, if you've made it this far!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • try harder
    • By try harder 16th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 1,117 Thanks
    try harder
    Sounds like you have a wonderful couple of days to look forward to .I love Suffolk and visit mostly every month its so pretty .Enjoy your meal out at the weekend and good luck with the gumtrex sales i sell no end on there its so handy as there are no fees to pay and the buyers just come to the door and collect ,i sold two items on there yesterday and they are brilliant for big pieces as no postage for buyers to pay
    • ch4rly2002
    • By ch4rly2002 16th Mar 17, 12:16 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 590 Thanks
    ch4rly2002
    Well done on the survey pay out I'm at £17 on mine so almost at the half way point. Doing something like this puts into perspective why we shouldn't waste money when it takes hours of answering surveys to get £40!

I'm glad your main client sent the work through. Shame it was late, I can imagine that being worrying. What is it that you do? (don't tell me if you don't feel comfortable in doing so). From how you describe your work, I imagine some kind of freelance writing, like a journalist, but am probably way off the mark

Have a fabulous date night. Good way to spend some quality time together

It's always nice to get perks from your/DH's work isn't it? My DH is working away in Norwich quite a bit at the moment so I try to go with him occasionally. I get to visit my brother and his family (who live about 30 minutes from there), and stay in a hotel and have cooked breakfasts. Because I am home based, I can work in the hotel and then venture out at lunch to explore Norwich. The only thing that isn't included is my lunch and evening meal, which I don't mind, and last time my brother had me round for tea. The best bit is that the fuel for the 404 mile round trip is paid for by the company Enjoy the breakfast and the trip into Suffolk

I love when you end your posts with what you're grateful for. Such a positive way of thinking
    Savings: Aim £10k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Current £8,750
    Mortgage: Dec 2014 -£216,000 / Current -£200,200.00
    BTL Mortgage: Dec 2014 -£136,000/ Current -£126,695 .00
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Current -£35,655.49
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Current -£14,310.60
    CC 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Current -£3,724.38
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 16th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 716 Posts
    • 2,837 Thanks
    themadvix
    Hi Ch4rly! My job is nothing so glamorous, I'm afraid, but I'll PM you - I share too much as it is, so trying to retain a little bit of anonymity!

It sounds like a great trip when you get to go to Norwich! I'm meant to be going up to Hull one day with DH for work (more to see the people than the place!), but one way and another it's never happened yet - plus sorting out cat care isn't always easy/cheap.

I find the gratefulness is a good way to make me remember how lucky I am, especially when I'm constantly looking to a 'future' when I've got the house I want etc. Really I can't complain!
    OPs 2017 = £1300/£10000
    S&S ISA = £100/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,785Posts Today

7,412Users online

Martin's Twitter