Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Ninjaboy
    RBS PPI Offer What next ??
    • 22nd Feb 12, 10:07 PM
    RBS PPI Offer What next ?? 22nd Feb 12 at 10:07 PM
    Hi Everyone

I'm another newbee to this wonderful site.

After reading many of the you experiences (good & bad) I decided to get "in about" reclaiming PPI from the RBS.

Made one phone call to the Manchester RBS PPI Customer Concerns Team (08000150319), spoke to a really nice guy on the other end and explained my concerns about PPI. Gave him account number; he said I would get a letter in a couple of week with a PPI reference No. Thirteen (YES 13) days later I recieved 7 offers relating to different accounts I was not aware of. Signed them all and sent them back "tracked" through Royal Mail.
    These accounts relate to a period roughly 2000 - 2009
    Wwwoooooowwww 8258 PPI refund PLUS 2748.06 int.
    There is still money outstanding (17352.08) against this account brought about due to a self-employment period failing. This outstanding decreasing balance is in the hands of a collection agency. Will the total 8777.25 go towards the outstanding or just the PPI refund and the interest to me ?

Anyone been in this position and had a result ?
    Any advice ?
    Last edited by Ninjaboy; 22-02-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

347Posts Today

1,665Users online

Martin's Twitter