Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • DrSqueeze
    • By DrSqueeze 19th Feb 12, 12:08 AM
    • 883 Posts
    • 1,066 Thanks
    DrSqueeze
    • 19th Feb 12, 12:08 AM
    • 19th Feb 12, 12:08 AM
    It's not that you wouldn't have a case, simply that the banks might not have records going back that far. But if you feel it was missold, and can explain why, then it's certainly worth a try.

Have a look at the guide: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=clicks&utm_c ampaign=resourcebar
    I am not authorised to give advice. Comments I post should only be viewed as personal opinions and suggestions.

2016 £2 Savers Club. Target = £200. Current= £20

• reggieinsamui
    • 19th Feb 12, 1:57 PM
    • 19th Feb 12, 1:57 PM
    i got back £5507 from accounts that were closed in 2001
    • jsambrook
    • By jsambrook 1st Jan 15, 8:58 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    jsambrook
    • 1st Jan 15, 8:58 PM
    Bank has no paperwork
    • 1st Jan 15, 8:58 PM
    Hi

I am in a similar situation and have contacted the bank for paperwork. They are saying that they don't have the details on record anymore. Do I have any options left? I don't have any paperwork myself I don't think. Took out the loan in 2002 and paid it off in 2005.
    • magpiecottage
    • By magpiecottage 1st Jan 15, 9:09 PM
    • 9,071 Posts
    • 5,545 Thanks
    magpiecottage
    • 1st Jan 15, 9:09 PM
    • 1st Jan 15, 9:09 PM
    If they have no evidence and you have no evidence then you have no evidence on which to build a case.

Others will tell you that you can spend £10 on a Data Subject Access Request which might reveal something but it probably won't.
    It is a statement of fact, not an advertisement, that I investigate complaints against small firms of financial advisers for a living.

That is why I know my way around both the FCA Handbook (for financial businesses) and the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules (for CMCs).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,394Posts Today

6,737Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin