Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jrs101
    • By jrs101 10th Feb 12, 5:00 PM
    • 95Posts
    • 9Thanks
    jrs101
    Negotiating Sky HD
    • 10th Feb 12, 5:00 PM
    Negotiating Sky HD 10th Feb 12 at 5:00 PM
    Hi

I have a sky+ box and am out of contract and have been for about 2 years.

I now want HD and an HD box from Sky through and would like advice on how to obtain this without breaking the bank. Can I get it without paying the fee does anyone think?

I pay about 32 per month which includes rental of line, bb and tv.

Is it worth threatening to leave, what is the most effective way of going about this?

thanks
Page 1
    • penrhyn
    • By penrhyn 10th Feb 12, 5:46 PM
    • 15,004 Posts
    • 8,056 Thanks
    penrhyn
    • 10th Feb 12, 5:46 PM
    • 10th Feb 12, 5:46 PM
    The first HD box is free,(if you do a self install) you just have to pay an extra 10.25 / month for the HD service, unless you can get a deal.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • miss_trust
    • 11th Feb 12, 11:17 AM
    • 11th Feb 12, 11:17 AM
    remember it will put you back into contract for 12 months, self install will cost usually 15 for delivery charge, if you threaten to leave, there may be (or may not) an offer on your account for a new sky+hd box with a discount on HD package for 6 months, worth having a go on "financial grounds" - don't ask for an offer, threaten to cancel, if they offer nothing then just tell them you will think about it and do it online?
    • penrhyn
    • By penrhyn 11th Feb 12, 12:11 PM
    • 15,004 Posts
    • 8,056 Thanks
    penrhyn
    • 11th Feb 12, 12:11 PM
    • 11th Feb 12, 12:11 PM
    Thanks , didn't realise that they charge delivery on a self install, it was free when I upgraded admittedly that was over a year ago.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • miss_trust
    • 12th Feb 12, 1:45 PM
    • 12th Feb 12, 1:45 PM
    when I worked for them (don't have a go at me, lol) it was 15 delivery charge for self intallation (sometimes it was free), and that is why I always say don't go offer hunting, threaten to cancel on financial grounds etc - they are trying to address the amount of offer hunters/repeated offer hunters and that's why so many are now not getting offers and they have no offers teams (a pilot to see how it goes) in cancellations who have no offers on any account so wouldn't give you anything anyway, as above just say will have to think about it - they always say this is a point of call offer, don't let that make you rush a decision
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,678Posts Today

5,636Users online

Martin's Twitter