Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 24th Jan 12, 4:27 PM
    • 901Posts
    • 1,289Thanks
    savingmonkey
    0 WOW
    Looking for uht milk in small pots/sachets
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Looking for uht milk in small pots/sachets 24th Jan 12 at 4:27 PM
    My husband uses dairystix at work for his coffee

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dairystix-Semi-Skimmed-UHT-Milk-sticks/dp/B0045VA2US/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327421989&sr=8-1

He doesn't have access to a fridge so they are convenient (and cheaper than paying the cafeteria prices for a coffee on his break)

Does anyone know where we can get hold of these, or similar (small pots would also be fine) at a reasonable price. I have ordered them from tesco when I do an online shop but don't do online shops very often and I forgot to get them last time (no big tesco nearby). I can't seem to find them in other supermarkets.

Thanks
Page 1
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 24th Jan 12, 4:31 PM
    • 6,222 Posts
    • 4,595 Thanks
    daveyjp
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:31 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:31 PM
    As you have put a link to Amazon in your thread why not use them?
    • lynnemcf
    • By lynnemcf 24th Jan 12, 4:48 PM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 994 Thanks
    lynnemcf
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:48 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:48 PM
    What about the "coffee mate" type coffee whiteners? And I have also seen coffee sold in sachets with the whitener included (Kenco 2 in 1). I don't drink coffee so no idea what they taste like.
    • GreenSaints
    • By GreenSaints 24th Jan 12, 4:51 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 2,214 Thanks
    GreenSaints
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:51 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 4:51 PM
    Hi,

I have loads of these that I took from a Travelodge a few weeks ago. Well, since I paid for them, I might as well take them!

I can post them to you if you want?
    DEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14!
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa 40k
    • savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 24th Jan 12, 5:34 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 1,289 Thanks
    savingmonkey
    • 24th Jan 12, 5:34 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 5:34 PM
    As you have put a link to Amazon in your thread why not use them?
    Originally posted by daveyjp
    sorry should have said I found them on amazon but 5 postage seems a bit steep, I was looking for other options
  • hkminca
    • 24th Jan 12, 6:29 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 6:29 PM
    Try Makro or similiar, they do them for B&B's - of if you don't have access to Makro, try calling a few B&B's and asking them where they get them - and you never know, they might even sellk you some at cost price.
  • optimistic
    • 24th Jan 12, 9:24 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 9:24 PM
    My local Morrisons used to stock these and from what I remember they were a good price (I mean cheapish!) I havent looked for them recently but will next time I'm in.
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 24th Jan 12, 10:34 PM
    • 476 Posts
    • 481 Thanks
    PLRFD
    • 24th Jan 12, 10:34 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 10:34 PM
    Costco do these.
    • terra_ferma
    • By terra_ferma 24th Jan 12, 11:19 PM
    • 5,451 Posts
    • 5,287 Thanks
    terra_ferma
    • 24th Jan 12, 11:19 PM
    • 24th Jan 12, 11:19 PM
    Here you can fill in a contact form and they will tell you where you can buy them
    http://www.farmright.eu/improving-farming-products-processes/dairystix-enquiry
    • wiltslass
    • By wiltslass 25th Jan 12, 8:18 AM
    • 186 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    wiltslass
    Hi I used to get them in Asda to take on holiday. Might be worth a look. Haven't bought any lately.
  • lilykim
    Got some delivered via tesco groceries this past weekend. Only found them accidently after searching UHT milk.
    Growing old disgracefully!
    • Ada3050
    • By Ada3050 25th Jan 12, 9:04 AM
    • 229 Posts
    • 211 Thanks
    Ada3050
    I used to take a small jar of powdered milk to work. 2-3 tea spoons mixed with cold water at the bottom of the cup worked like fresh milk, much better than trying to add the powder at the end to go all lumpy.

Might be worth a try at home to see if it works.
    Know the difference between what you WANT and what you NEED.
    • LilacLillie
    • By LilacLillie 25th Jan 12, 9:59 AM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 9,851 Thanks
    LilacLillie
    Approved foods sometimes sell them, still P&P but a good excuse to buy other bits.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

---------------------------------------------------
  • foxtrot_mike
    Im fortunate enough to have a Booker Card, and a local Booker so get them from there.

The Lichfields ones in the pots are 2.85 for 120 x 12 ml pots

The Lichfields milk sticks are 2.99 for 100 x 10ml portions so your getting less for more but it takes up less space

But yes they are much cheaper than buying a pint of, they dont get nicked or go off at work, and healthier as you only use whats in the pot our office milk club is unfair anyway.
  • Edwardia
    Try Staples or Nisbets Next Day Catering Supplies or Viking Direct
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,044Posts Today

5,055Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm signing off for the evening. Have a wonderful weekend and try and say something nice to someone who voted the other way to you!

• There's no crystal ball but if its the right house for you and you can afford the repayments - why not? https://t.co/3YMd7hTneJ

• RT @dylcojones: @MartinSLewis your video posted this morning gave me a bit of hope that things might be ok!

• Follow Martin