Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 23rd Jan 12, 9:52 PM
    • 2,784Posts
    • 55,143Thanks
    scottishminnie
    No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start
    • 23rd Jan 12, 9:52 PM
    No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start 23rd Jan 12 at 9:52 PM
    I'm very aware that the old "Not Mentioning the T word" thread has kind of come to a halt. Some of our regulars had sad news and difficult situations recently and I thought maybe it was time for a fresh start? I don't want to offend anyone so if you think I'm out of order just say and I'll ask one of the board mods to merge this with the old thread (which is here if anyone wants to view it)

Anyway -

I like to think we will all be gardening soon - it's a sign spring is around the corner. Maybe quite a bit round the corner but on the way nevertheless.
    My mum bought me a gardeners journal as part of my Christmas so I will be poring over that in a week or two. I suspect I planted quite a few things too late last year so I will follow the calendar in the journal and see how it goes.

Not much to report from my end. I'm trying to empty all the cupboards of tins and packets and start afresh. Maybe I won't quite empty them but I do need to get right to the back of the tin stash to see what curious items I have lurking there.

I ordered my cream charger so am awaiting that and I will be able to whip cream for Britain as soon as it arrives.
    I bought a spare box of Kirkland belgian chocolate biscuits just in case I needed an emergency gift at Christmas - I didn't and now they are calling me every day. I must find a place to hide them where I can't hear their cries!
Page 188
    • hoglet121
    • By hoglet121 5th Oct 16, 11:21 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 3,321 Thanks
    hoglet121
    Hope your tum feels better soon, Fuddle. Yes, I'm in NZ but but I'm a Brit export - been here 5 years. :-) In fact tomorrow is exactly 5 years since we got on the first plane (we spent a week getting here as we stopped off with friends along the way). Lovely to hear you and MLW have met up - I've been lucky enough to meet some of my online book club pals and it really was as if we'd been friends forever.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Oct 16, 6:07 PM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Nells on the way home!!!!!! Bolognese sauce simmering on the hob apple sponge in the oven and everything else is ready, can't wait but I'm going to have to!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • candlelight 2013
    • By candlelight 2013 7th Oct 16, 6:26 PM
    • 2,384 Posts
    • 23,413 Thanks
    candlelight 2013
    What a lovely weekend you will have Lyn, a little spoiling will be going on then

We went to have our flu jab this afternoon, and came out of the surgery with little pots for urine samples, and appointments made for Himself to have his medication review, and myself for my diabetic foot check and asthma check. We only went for our flu jab

DGD and her BF are due home from Rome tomorrow. It sounds as though they have had a lovely time. They went to the Vatican City and sat in the Sistine Chapel, she said it was quite an experience. They had rain yesterday but otherwise the weather has been very good I understand. I shall be glad to see her home.

I think we are popping into town tomorrow. I know many of you won't what to hear the "C" word, but I do have to start looking for presents for the young people. We always give them money now, but they do like a couple of presents to open and of course they have to have some choccies.

Lainey I hope Mum won't be quite so tired tomorrow. She is doing really well, but has such a lot to cope with, particularly with diminishing strength. Sending you all hugs and please remember we are all thinking of you.

Hoglet I hope you are beginning to heal now, and probably have some very colourful bruises.

Polly how are you and DD?

AOT are you OK?

SM I hope you are OK, have you put the garden to bed for the winter yet?

Floss you have found a new job really quickly, I hope this proves to be the one you are meant for

Sending much love and hugs to anyone whowould like or needs one

Sleep tight

Candlelightx
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 8th Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 5,364 Posts
    • 82,812 Thanks
    fuddle
    I hope you're having a lovely time with N being home Lyn

We've been to Beamish Museum today, early 1900's living is right up my street. Fab day and brilliant learning for the girls.

I made bread yesterday for the first time in a long time. I loved the process but with that and making food from scratch including dumplings and crumble I tired myself out and struggling today.I'm also sad to find that my lung function is still poor out of my norm. I was shocked at how dreadfully slow and laboured I have been today. I have received my outpatients appointment to check on lung function improvement but given its now a few months since I was poorly I am scared my lungs migh be damaged.

My last point is something that I'm a little uneasy about. DH and I have decided to apply for council housing. I just feel on edge with private renting. It doesn't help my anxiety, which I know stems from bankruptcy and repossession years ago. It's time to try to put down some roots and try to feel like I have a home. I know with LA housing it's still rented and not safe either bht I feel like I need to try. We are hardly rich, we live on one salary because I'm OS. We will still be a low banding because we have a home, a very large, very beautiful home and thats why I feel uneasy about it. I feel very lucky but with that luck comes, like I say, such worry that i'll lose it. I've never actually told anyone this but the house we rent privately was built by the same builders that built the house I lost... it's got the same tiles, work tops, benches and oven. This house has been extended but still, I thought I would be ok but I think it's actually chipping away at me.

Anyway. I best shut off from all that. Chicken curry for tea tonight and I think I have found an acid reflux trigger - coffee!
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
    What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.
    Only a fool trips on what is behind them.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Oct 16, 5:39 PM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Hi FUDS, having a super time with Nell, went to the arboretum for a lovely walk this morning and had lunch there too, it's a lovely place. Took Cookie for a walk this afternoon and both got absolutely soaked to the skin, so much so that we decided to enjoy it and danced along the lane singing our heads off and jumping in the puddles, not surprised one tiny bit are you? Lovely hot showers and a nice hot cuppa soon warmed us up when we got home, poor Cookie though, drowned ratty doesn't even begin.

I think you're sensible to be looking at council housing, it's a better and slightly more secure bet than private landlords I feel and would give you a little more peace of mind. Your pneumonia was a serious illness to deal with even in a very fit and healthy person (which isn't you is it love?) in the first place. It will take you some months to get your stamina and energy levels back up so you'll need not to molycoddly yourself but to be kind to yourself and take things easy for some time to come. I know that doesn't sit easily with you as you are a get up and go girlie but sometimes you just have to accept that there are limitations and to pace yourself rather than going full steam ahead. Glad you had a lovely if tiring day at Beamish, it's on my to do list. Nell has just jumped on me and said I've got us tickets to see ELBOW in March.....woohoo. woohoo and again woohoo, how amazing is that???

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • fuddle
    • By fuddle 8th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 5,364 Posts
    • 82,812 Thanks
    fuddle
    I'm not going to try to even begin to pretend who elbow is but as you're excited wooooooohooooooo! say hi-di-hi to N for me but you have to try it in my accent

If you ever get to Beamish you will give me a bell won't you? That goes without saying really doesn't it?

Who knows what will happen with the house. It coukd be mobths, it could be years but it's a process i'll no doubt bore you all with.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
    What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.
    Only a fool trips on what is behind them.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 8th Oct 16, 7:58 PM
    • 934 Posts
    • 10,559 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Oooh Lyn, I lurve lurve Elbow, Guy Garvey's voice is one of my favourites, lucky you sounds like you are having a fab time with your lovely girlie, lifts my heart to read of your exploits together x

Have had a lovely quiet day at home, just pottering around and being cosy if you know what I mean. It helped that it was raining for most of it so had a perfect excuse to spend the morning in the kitchen baking and filling the house with yummy smells, DOH kept wandering in and out, pinching the odd morsel and licking out the bowls.

This afternoon I mostly spent on the sofa, am reading The Girl on the train ahead of hopefully seeing the film next week, it's a strange tale but enjoyable. I did pop over to see my equine pal who was in good spirits but anxious to get on his hay so it was a lick and a spit groom and then just cuddles in his stable.

It's so important isn't Fuddle to feel secure in our homes so can totally understand what you mean, really hope it all works out for you.

Candlelight, did you have had a good trip into town and maybe picked up some of those C word presents into the bargain?

Hoglet, hopefully all your bruises are staring to fade a bit now, have you been back on your bike yet?

Well, have just enjoyed cheesy beans on toast for supper, my lovely man is just pouring me a Baileys, the candles are lit and my heart is content, taking small pleasures when I can.

Enjoy your evenings, much love to you all xx
    • candlelight 2013
    • By candlelight 2013 8th Oct 16, 8:40 PM
    • 2,384 Posts
    • 23,413 Thanks
    candlelight 2013
    Good evening all,

Fuddle it is just as Lyn says, it is going to take some while for your body to be back to normal. I know I have never met you, but Lyn calls you "little one", so I have this picture in my mind of a little lady trying to rush around doing everything at the same speed as you used to do. SLOW DOWN just for a little while and let nature work it's magic.

Lainey I did buy DGD2 a beautiful pink fluffy dressing gown and pink and white PJs from Primark, you will guess she loves pink. She is 17 now and I can't remember a time when she didn't like pink. It is good you have had a day to yourself, doing what you need to do. You know Mum is in good hands with your brother and SIL.

I went and had a mammogram this afternoon, will be on tenterhooks now until I hear something. They did go through a stage when they didn't confirm that everything was OK. I wrote to the head of the breast screening clinic and explained that once you have been dagnosed with breast cancer, it is important for our peace of mind to be actually told that everything was fine. Not hearing anything conjurs up thoughts of, "perhaps the letter was lost in the post", or somehow" I have slipped through the net". She replied and said she understood but the decision couldn't be changed. It looks as though it has now

I bought a glass cake stand from Wilkos this morning which I want to use as part of a "C" decoration. When I opened the box at home it was broken, so now we have to pop back into town tomorrow to change it.

Himself will be watching the GP tomorrow afternoon, and then on Monday we have to go to the anticoagulation clinic at the hospital to check his blood. He does bleed very easily now, but there again it needs to be thinner so that it doesn't accumulate in one of the chambers of his heart. We shall see.

DGD1 and BF are back from Rome this evening. She is tired and hungry, mainly tired because she has to take a travel sickness pill which make her drowsy. She seems happy, but not a lot of conversation, so will no doubt hear about it in the fullness of time.

Will leave you all in peace after my ramblings

Much love to you all

Candlelightx
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 8th Oct 16, 8:46 PM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    You tube ELBOW this instant FUDS it's beautiful music, 'One day like this' is my favourite track of all time, they were at Glastonbury a couple of years ago, I'm sooooo excited!

LAINEY you should have seen my girlie playing on the childrens playground equipment at the arboretum, as she said technically it was correct as she IS our child but at 38? mind you it looked like the most tremendous fun and at one point He Who Knows joined in...me I prefer to watch and enjoy and save it all up to tease them with later!!!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 08-10-2016 at 8:54 PM.

• scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 8th Oct 16, 9:09 PM
    • 2,784 Posts
    • 55,143 Thanks
    scottishminnie
    Evening all. What a glorious day it was - had late morning coffee in the garden with my mother and spent the rest of the day in my own garden.

I'm absolutely shattered now but feeling like I've accomplished something. My currant and gooseberry bushes are pruned (of a fashion - I just hope they can recover from my barbaric hacking) and I planted 120 tulip bulbs which were a gift from my husbands dear aunt (and a very nice surprise when we returned from holiday).

Hubby is on the sofa with a dreadful cold. He's far too busy to rest as father was moving cattle around today from one area of the farm to another however I think sometimes fresh air is best when you feel awful. He's now suitably dosed with cold medicine and nursing a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. It never looks quite as good as Starbucks though does it?!

My faithful blender gave up the ghost last weekend. It was a cheap plastic Russell Hobbs one but had lasted over 20 years. I think my habit of blitzing hot soups finally saw it off though so I'm on the hunt for a replacement - I think a glass jug would be a better option.

I'm now fully back into home/work/non holiday mode now. Been watching the path of Hurricane Matthew and hoping our friends in Florida are safe and well. Our place is on the west coast which pretty much escaped with just lots of rain. Shocking devastation in Haiti though - the sheer power of nature is a real reminder to me that we can't control everything, much as we would like to think we can.

Our trip was pretty amazing - we only scratched the surface of Yellowstone Park and we discovered Grand Teton National Park along the way. It's fair to say I'm not often stuck for words but the sight of the Tetons rising above the early morning mist when we headed out of Jackson t the crack of dawn to go bear spotting left me utterly speechless. We pulled in to a lookout point and simply stared at the view for a good 10 minutes barely saying a thing to one another. One thing for sure, our intention is to go back again - even if we have to live off beans and toast to make it happen!

I popped into TK Maxx earlier today to see if they had glass pumpkins - I saw lots of beautiful ones on holiday but wasn't convinced they would make it home in one piece. The lady said they had loads last week but they were very popular and had sold very quickly. They did have some nice "C" stuff but I come out in a cold sweat thinking about C before Thanksgiving so I ignored it My family decided last year not to exchange Christmas gifts so I only had hubby and one aunt to buy for. It felt a bit odd but very liberating. It was also good for the bank balance. I will start to think about making my C cakes before the end of the month though.

Everyone sounds so busy, what with cycling injuries, thinking about house moves and looking after family members. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday evening. I'm off to have a nice glass of wine and do the crossword in the daily paper.
    There once was a time when I'd be getting ready to go out at this time on a Saturday night - that must have been a lifetime ago!
    Last edited by scottishminnie; 08-10-2016 at 9:11 PM.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Oct 16, 8:38 AM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    SM I've just found and got a glass jugged liquidiser with a stainless steel bottom from Lakeland Plastics, it has an 850watt motor and a one and a half litre capacity it cost £65.00 and I can strongly recommend it as what I hope is going to be a sturdy workhorse for many years to come.

• scottishminnie
    • By scottishminnie 9th Oct 16, 12:47 PM
    • 2,784 Posts
    • 55,143 Thanks
    scottishminnie
    Thanks MrsLW. Will have a look at the Lakeland website. I popped into the nearest Lakeland shop on Friday but they said the only blender they did with a glass jug was the one at around £130. I don't mind paying for a decent blender but that seemed far too much for me to justify. Perhaps there is something on the website they don't have in store.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 9th Oct 16, 4:49 PM
    • 916 Posts
    • 7,496 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    10 Days later !
    Hello all I can finally type after a fashion with more than one finger .
    Lainey I'm pleased to see that mum is having some good days and you are getting some down time with CS . It's amazing the difference familiar places can make to the spirit .
    Lyn I imagine you have had a lovely weekend with Nell . I had never heard of psa until about four years ago and it's amazing how many on the forum do have it . The outlook for the younger generation is much more promising now and the research is forging ahead . Youngest is involved in the genetic tracking and research as she hopes a day will come when the very young will no longer suffer .
    Hoglet I hope the injuries are healed by now and you can look forward to your holiday .
    Fuds Are you still being good and pacing yourself ? I hope the school situation improves after your meeting - it's hard going sometimes isn't it . I would agree with joining the list for council housing . It is a more secure way of renting and even if it takes years costs nothing to go on the list . The more proactive you can be the more secure you will begin to feel . Have you had the crochet out ? I've just treated myself to a sneaky new shawls and throws booklet on am . I can't seem to get into the knitting at the moment so decided to get the hooks out instead .
    Candlelight You seem very organised re the c word . I've only been out twice since I last posted but the shops are starting to do their displays .
    Many congratulations to Floss , you don't let the grass grow under your feet , I hope this job is a perfect fit and hopefully is extended .
    SM What a wonderful holiday that sounds . It isn't surprising you hope to return . Good luck with the hard work of preparing the farm for winter .
    Apologies if I've missed anything . I had to read back to my last post .
    Thank you so much for the good wishes and kind words - always appreciated .
    Nothing really os happened here . I couldn't move my right arm and shoulder until Friday and have been avoiding setting it off again . I need to change the cool cotton sheets for flannelette but will wait until tomorrow to try . The weather is cold and bright again but very still . I have a washing mountain but will work my way up to that . I understand how frustrated Fuds feels as I feel I should do all sorts but commonsense tells me to ease back into things .
    Flu injections Tuesday and as dd was too ill to visit her doctor on Friday she will see him this Friday instead .
    Take care all , thanks to all who post and read
    polly x
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Oct 16, 4:50 PM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Lovely weekend with Nell, lots of nice walks today and He Who Knows has taken her back home this afternoon. Cookie is still speaking to me despite getting her (and us) soaked to the skin yesterday and we met Sue and Charlie retriever half way round our walk today so they came the rest of the walk with us, lovely! Nicer weather by far today with sunshine and no wind. Planning meals for the week ahead and a little ironing planned for the rest of the day and an early night too xxx.

• hoglet121
    • By hoglet121 9th Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 3,321 Thanks
    hoglet121
    Hi everyone

Many thanks for all your kind wishes - I am healing but slowly. The bruises have been spectacular, my shoulder is still painful but getting better everyday. I've not been back on the bike because I still can't bend my knee 45 degrees, although I was tempted to have a bash on my trainer yesterday. Sometime later this week I'm hoping to get out. I fessed up about it on skype to my parents at the weekend and Mum immediately said I was going to get septicaemia - grrrrr no I'm not! My mum has a small bit of medical knowledge from a previous job and tends to immediately jump to the worst conclusions - I know it's because she cares about me but it is very frustrating.

Fuddle - all the best for the council housing, and that's very interesting about the coffee and acid reflux. I switched to drinking green tea 95% of the time a few months ago and it has done amazing things for my health.

Candlelight - I do hope DG had a wonderful time in Rome, it's an amazing city! All the best for all your tests.

SM - I got a glass liquidiser for $60 (about 30 pounds) earlier this year - it was a well-known brand so I'll look it up. Appliances and white goods are much more expensive here than in the UK so I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly expensive in the UK. It's extremely solid!

Not much news from us, we had a very quiet weekend, which was probably needed. Got some work done (it never ends!) and would have loved to get some garden work done on Saturday but my arm isn't up to it yet. I've left it too late to cut back the pasionfruit vine and now it's in danger of taking over! I'll go to the garden centre next week and get some seedlings. I'm due a bonus at work this week (well it was due last month but things work slowly....) and although I was going to save it all I think I'm going to dip into it to treat myself to a new bike helmet, and maybe a new saddle too.

Best get onto some work

much love,
    Hoglet x
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 10th Oct 16, 11:47 AM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    It's a beautiful day here, sunny, slight cloud in a blue sky and cool enough to want long sleeves but not a coat. I've made a big pan of lentil soup for a few days lunches, the house is clean and tidy, the ironing is done and put away and I've been to the shop for milk, eggs and fruit to see us through the week with the meal plan. He Who Knows is on his way back from Nells house having done some jobs and bringing a spare 'sleeper' that someone gave Nell to repair our bench outside the back door that he made from some spare 'sleepers' some years ago. Ours weren't treated with preservative so they're beginning to soften. Love my bench, it's where I sit in the summer when the sun has gone round and it's shady on the patio.

As I came back from the shop a pest control van pulled up outside one of my neighbours houses, they've been away in the USA visiting one of their daughters for a few weeks so I hope nothing has got in and done damage. They have a very ancient little terrier who has been left (with someone coming every day to walk and feed her) in the house so best (if shuddery) scenario is for her just to have spread fleas which are easily treated. I know they've had mouse problems in the past, no doubt I'll hear about it in the fullness of time.

Hope all is well in your worlds, wish you all a peaceful week, Lyn xxx.

• JackieO
    • By JackieO 10th Oct 16, 4:41 PM
    • 13,916 Posts
    • 108,535 Thanks
    JackieO
    Hi Chums reading these posts have reminded me that the 'flu jab is due, I too believe in prevention being better than a cure I had my shingles jab several years ago as its an awful thing to get and extremely painful. Mammograms saved my life and I shall be eternally grateful for them.
    Sun has been out today but its getting chilly earlier now.

It was our Book Club five year anniversary today and a lady brought in a very yummy G/Free lemon drizzle cake that she made from Jamie Oliver's recipe as one of our member is G/F. I am going to have a go at making it myself as it was so delicious.

Just going to make a snack for my youngest DGS as he assures me he is 'starving'

Cheers chums
    JackieO xx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.

December budget £60.00 5 NSD including today
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 12th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 10,589 Posts
    • 135,444 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Morning everyone, a dull and gloomy day here, not too cold but still and grey, I guess that's Autumn???

We are having problems with our Broadband again, this is the 4th time in a year that we've had to report very slow speed and it AGAIN turns out to be the BT Open reach line to the house. Last time it happened it was at the local exchange where a whole block of numbers was effected because of overheating at the exchange and it took some time to rectify it. I guess it's the general malaise in this country of creaming off huge profits for shareholders and NOT keeping the infrastructure of the business in good repair for the people who are paying to use it, cross making!

Feeling 'pecky' today for no reason that I'm aware of, bored perhaps describes it best, I find the TV 'lacking' all round at the moment, The gardens are finished and ready for overwintering, I've read and re-read my favourite authors and the library hasn't had any new books in for some time now. However, tomorrow is as they say another day and maybe the world will ping back into normality and I'll stop being a crosspatch!!!

• pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 12th Oct 16, 11:48 AM
    • 916 Posts
    • 7,496 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Morning Lyn it's dull here too and also cold . I despair of bt . I don't have anything other than the landline and internet but we are on the end of ancient copper wiring and have constant problems .
    I watched The victorian slum on Monday evening and wasn't too bad so I'll see how it goes next week . I do love social history .
    Struggling to get going today , I think the last two weeks flattened me , we were out yesterday so a pottering day today .
    I fancy poached eggs for lunch so off do that while staring at the Rowans outside which are dripping with berries , as are my hollies - Mr Blackbird is having a go at them now so once his friends join in the lovely sight will be gone until next year .
    Hope all are well , take care
    polly
    • candlelight 2013
    • By candlelight 2013 12th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 2,384 Posts
    • 23,413 Thanks
    candlelight 2013
    Morning all,

Lyn that's funny Himself only said this morning he felt agitated but could think of no reason why, perhaps it is seasonal.

Well we went to haemotology at the hospital on Monday and they have lowered the dose of his blood thinner, so have just picked up the new prescription.

We dropped some stuff off at the Hospice shop at the same time. DGD has had a clear out so 2 black sacks full. She and BF had a wonderful time in Rome and I am now waiting to see photographs.

We had to pop to the SM for a few fresh bits, Himself put the Dyson round when we came home, and I have stewed some fruit (in my new soup maker) and popped 2 jacket potatoes in the oven which we will have with breaded chicken. Since our holiday we have found it better to have our main meal in the middle of the day, and then just have soup and a snack in the evening.

Lainey, Mum's tea party sounds lovely, you and the family are making such beautiful memories which you will need to call on later when you are feeling low. Of course, tea parties have become very fashionable, and you can pay the earth at a posh hotel.

Jackie you must be looking forward to your short break on the IofW for SILs birthday, what a lovely family you have. We have booked the cottage in Norfolk that we had this year, for next year but for our golden wedding anniversary in June. It will be something to look forward to during the long winter months. We will take the family out for a meal the weekend before so they won't miss out on any celebrations.

Fuddle I hope you are being good to yourself and pacing yourself.

Hello to everyone I hope you are OK

Much love

Candlelightx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

371Posts Today

2,186Users online

Martin's Twitter