Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    ukeddie
    PayPal UK Credit Card (Santander) closing
    • 23rd Jan 12, 4:41 PM
    PayPal UK Credit Card (Santander) closing 23rd Jan 12 at 4:41 PM
    Hi there,
    Not sure if anyone is interested but I've just had a letter from Santander informing me that "from 31st March 2012 Santander Cards Uk Limited will cease to be the card issuer for PayPal MasterCard and your card will no longer be accepted online or in store from this date."

Not particularly surprised that eBay/PayPal would have a short relationship with Santander given how cack handed their handling of the accounts has been.

However the letter also says "We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. PayPal will be in touch shortly to tell you about the new and exciting products that they will be launching."

I wondered if anyone here knew who the new card partner might be? Presumably not MBNA as they're trying to exit the UK market. I know the first (short lived) version of the UK PayPal MasterCard was from GE Capital but would be surprised if they went back to them having left them in favour of Santander.

Eddie
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,894Posts Today

7,182Users online

Martin's Twitter