Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DollyPeel
    • By DollyPeel 17th Jan 12, 4:38 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 2Thanks
    DollyPeel
    Cost for having a multi-fuel stove installed.
    • 17th Jan 12, 4:38 PM
    Cost for having a multi-fuel stove installed. 17th Jan 12 at 4:38 PM
    Anyone have a rough idea of how much I would have to pay to have a gas fire and back boiler removed and a multi fuel stove put in ?
    Also the cost of a combo-boiler ?
    By 'rough idea' I mean...would it cost 1,000, or 2,000, or 3,000 etc..I don't want exact figures.

Thanks
    ~D~

*I'm on Tyneside.
Page 1
    • Canucklehead
    • By Canucklehead 17th Jan 12, 7:35 PM
    • 6,264 Posts
    • 3,371 Thanks
    Canucklehead
    • 17th Jan 12, 7:35 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 7:35 PM
    Anyone have a rough idea of how much I would have to pay to have a gas fire and back boiler removed and a multi fuel stove put in ?
    Also the cost of a combo-boiler ?
    By 'rough idea' I mean...would it cost 1,000, or 2,000, or 3,000 etc..I don't want exact figures.

Thanks
    ~D~

*I'm on Tyneside.
    Originally posted by DollyPeel
    Best bet would be to seek advice from a HETAS installer who is also Gas Safe Registered.

HTH

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • Leif
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:01 PM
    • 17th Jan 12, 9:01 PM
    Price depends on where you live, and the nature of your house and fireplace. But, I live in East Hants, and I had a WB 30CDI combi boiler installed in my kitchen, and old one removed along with hot water cylinder and tank, for about 2700, which is the going rate in my area. I have been quoted 1200 + stove cost to install a wood burning stove, which includes fitting a stainless steel liner in the chimney of my bungalow, but no work on the fireplace opening (I opened up the fireplace, and I will install the hearth, and surround). Prices in your area may vary, so get 2 or 3 quotes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,618Users online

Martin's Twitter