Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Skint_Catt
    • By Skint_Catt 10th Feb 07, 8:07 PM
    • 11,429Posts
    • 23,685Thanks
    PAYE Tax Coding
    • #1
    • 10th Feb 07, 8:07 PM
    PAYE Tax Coding 10th Feb 07 at 8:07 PM

    Don't know if anyone will be able to help from these scant details!

    Basically I was informed last year I underpaid income tax by £68. Not entirely sure how that happened as I'd been with the same employer for the past three years.

    Anyway, come 31 March 2006 I was made redundant and was subsequently unemployed until middle of July 2006 (didn't claim JSA due to redundancy payment), when I started a long term temping contract. Believe code for this temping was 493L or summat similar.

    This contract fnished on 11 Jan 2007, and I was out of work until 26 Jan 2007.

    Therefore I'm thinking that not only have they not taken my unemployment into account last year which should counteract my dues to them, but I may be eligible for a small refund???

    Anyone know anything! :confused:

    Catt xx
    New to Comping; 12 tubes of Pringles, Paul Mitchell Travel Kit....
    Terramundi = £658.80
    August Supermarket Challenge £250/£109.47
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

502Posts Today

4,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I'm on way to @GMB for my 740 Deals of the Week incl cheap prepay energy, £2.60 prosecco trick, Laura Ashley code, free Legoland tix & more

  • Finally cheaper prepay energy tariffs pls share this with anyone you know who has a key/card meter.

  • RT @DollyDoDah: Just saved mum £337 a year by switching her dual fuel pre payment meters thanks to @MartinSLewis ????????????

  • Follow Martin