Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Snich76
    Buy and Sell Within 6 months
    • 10th Jan 12, 5:10 PM
    Buy and Sell Within 6 months 10th Jan 12 at 5:10 PM
    We are planning to start a venture buying and selling property. My partners are experienced in property development but not the buying and selling aspect. I have discovered that mortgage companies do not give mortgages to people who are buying properties that have been owned for less than 6 months.

Whilst this doesn't affect us initially, it could cause a problem when we come to sell a property we have only had for a couple of months or are flipping as the buyer may not be able to obtain a mortgage. Before I go back to my mortgage advisor, my question to you is this: does this 6 month rule apply to mortgaged properties only or all properties? Basically, if we were to purchase a property cash (without mortgage) then sell it within 6 months would the buyers mortgage company be ok with giving them a mortgage due to the fact that only 1 mortgage charge would go against the property within 6 months, or do they use the land registry information to ascertain ownership regardless of mortgage so even if we bought it cash then sold it to a buyer who wants a mortgage they would still reject their application?

Also, is this 6 month rule industry standard or just a select few mortgage companies?

Hopefully the above is clear and any feedback and sources would be appreciated?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,967Posts Today

6,577Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin