Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    • 13,855Posts
    • 65,694Thanks
    I luv cats
    Have you seen any good films recently
    • 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    Have you seen any good films recently 9th Jan 12 at 7:50 AM
    I recommend "Danny The Champion Of The World"

This film is really good and with some excellent actors. We read the book @ school and it was lovely to recall the memories of the book with the movie.
Page 280
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 23rd Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 65,694 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Cult of Chucky (2017) 7th in series

the doll is back

Really enjoyed, fun as always and Chucky’s unique style of killing / mischief doesn’t let one down
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 25th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 12,709 Posts
    • 40,279 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Habiba88 reported for spamming referral code across the boards, 6 posts removed so far.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • BillysBadFurDay
    • By BillysBadFurDay 25th Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    BillysBadFurDay
    movies nowadays suck. I can't remember the last good movie I saw.
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 27th Oct 17, 9:47 PM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 65,694 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Wonder Woman (2017)

Not too bad though wasn't what I was expecting.

Funny moments when shopping etc.

Gal Gadot plays an impressive part and Chris Pine good too.

Some good action though some zzz moments
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 27th Oct 17, 11:28 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    AubreyMac
    I watched Jigsaw tonight. It was quite a let down but then again I wasn't expecting it to be brilliant as it is the 8th one and as you know, most sequels are bad anyway.
    • Gnocchi
    • By Gnocchi 28th Oct 17, 12:58 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Gnocchi
    Two in the 99p rental bit on Amazon, I am Wrath starring John Travolta and Vengeance: A Love Story starring Nicholas Cage.
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 28th Oct 17, 6:54 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 4,956 Thanks
    Spidernick
    Yesterday I saw Thor: Rasgnarok which was very enjoyable with some good laugh-out loud moments.

Today I saw Geostorm, which was enjoyable nonsense, if you turn your brain off for a couple of hours!

Earlier in the week I picked up the DVD of Death Wish, which I hadn't seen for a while. It was good and features a very young Jeff Goldblum (who is also in the Thor movie above).
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Nov 17, 7:39 PM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 65,694 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Fear Inc. (2016)

Enjoyable tense film with loads of twists.

Nicely done, mysterious to end!

Caught on Google Play 99p rental
    • colinw
    • By colinw 10th Nov 17, 9:10 AM
    • 50,921 Posts
    • 139,086 Thanks
    colinw
    I watched Earthquake on the TV last weekend, when I went to see it as a youth with the Sensearound effects I thought it was brilliant, now I realise what a pile of rubbish it is It was appalling....
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 10th Nov 17, 9:32 AM
    • 9,529 Posts
    • 9,127 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    The Death of Stalin - Surreal black comedy by Armando Iannucci. Actually quite enjoyable in its own dark way.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 10th Nov 17, 11:35 AM
    • 3,152 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    Nick_C
    Went to see Murder On The Orient Express. If you've never seen an earlier version, TV adaptation, or read the book, then you might enjoy it. But the 1974 film was far better IMO with a truly star studded cast.
    • Anesidora
    • By Anesidora 19th Nov 17, 7:06 PM
    • 483 Posts
    • 630 Thanks
    Anesidora
    LaLa Land

Finally saw this on Netflix after missing it at the cinema

Well it was worth the wait , I loved it,especially the music.

Ryan Gosling is excellent and his dancing is a dream.

Emma Stone is just as good and a great match for Gosling, I loved her singing

It's gorgeous,funny,classy,heartwrenching and a joy to watch, I certainly will be watching it again
    And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth

When you held onto me like I was your little life raft
    Please know that you were mine as well

Drops of water hit the ground like God's own tears
    And spread out into shapes like
    Salad bowls and basins and buckets for bailing out the flood
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 19th Nov 17, 11:01 PM
    • 9,529 Posts
    • 9,127 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Paddington 2 - Utterly charming sequel involving the CGI bear. Great for kids (probably 5+) and for adults with a healthy sense of whimsy.

A fantastic and huge cast - maybe 10% of all British comedy actors are here.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 25th Nov 17, 11:35 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 8,289 Thanks
    arthurdick
    Hacksaw Ridge . I just watched this, thought it was a really good film.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 26th Nov 17, 4:19 PM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 65,694 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Baby Driver (2017)

Enjoyable film with some slick action from one cool guy,

Debora was nice too.

Enjoyable music and antics
    • JasonLVC
    • By JasonLVC 27th Nov 17, 6:05 PM
    • 15,043 Posts
    • 36,843 Thanks
    JasonLVC
    Justice League. Enjoyable movie, fast paced and coherent, script decent enough, not too serious, lots of action sequences. Certainly worth the ticket to go see.

But the CGI is 'off' by a large margin, Steppenwolf looks like a CGI character from 2000's (I'm thinking Scorpion King bad), Supermans CGI lip syncing is really obvious (why they couldn't just bung Cavill a few million to shave off his moustache for the reshoots than to digitally remove it, I don't know).

It doesn't spoil the movie but I guess they'd spent so much on it already, they probably couldn't afford another 4-5 months post production and another £10m or so on getting the bad guy photorealistic.
    Last edited by JasonLVC; 27-11-2017 at 6:09 PM.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 30th Nov 17, 1:40 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    AubreyMac
    Watched 'battle of the sexes' at the cinema last night. was a really good film with superb performances from Emma Stone & Steve Carrell.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 30th Nov 17, 1:56 PM
    • 23,166 Posts
    • 60,028 Thanks
    pollypenny
    The Snowman was good, a decent adaptation of Jo Nesbo's book.

We dithered between Battle of the Sexes and Suburbivon this week.

Suburbicon won: it was awful, a very unpleasant feeling throughout. As satire it works, but makes for uncovirwing.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • AubreyMac
    • By AubreyMac 9th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 2,852 Thanks
    AubreyMac
    Watched 'Stronger' - the new Jake Gyllenhaal movie based on a true story about a guy who lost both legs from the boston marathon bombings.

It was good, superb acting from all the cast (including the real life medics who played themselves). The film was more of a love story.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 10th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 23,166 Posts
    • 60,028 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Battle of the Sexes this week. Very good indeed!

The real fight for equal treatment of women tennis players by Billie Jean King and the challenge from Bobby Riggs.

It had its serious side, but was very funny, too.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,418Posts Today

7,783Users online

Martin's Twitter