Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    • 13,855Posts
    • 65,669Thanks
    I luv cats
    Have you seen any good films recently
    • 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    Have you seen any good films recently 9th Jan 12 at 7:50 AM
    I recommend "Danny The Champion Of The World"

This film is really good and with some excellent actors. We read the book @ school and it was lovely to recall the memories of the book with the movie.
Page 279
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 5th Oct 17, 11:49 PM
    • 14,950 Posts
    • 127,767 Thanks
    zagubov
    Just seen Blade Runner 2049. Blooming masterpiece but bring a cushion to sit on as it's about three years long.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 6th Oct 17, 4:52 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 26,014 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Just seen Blade Runner 2049. Blooming masterpiece but bring a cushion to sit on as it's about three years long.
    Originally posted by zagubov
    Really really want to see that, but babysitters (i.e. granny) are not available until next weekend
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 7th Oct 17, 12:16 AM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,585 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    How does it compare to the original? While the original has qualities I do find it boring.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 7th Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 14,950 Posts
    • 127,767 Thanks
    zagubov
    You feel lots of flashbacks to the original plus there's lots to take in about the years between the events. It feels like a very deep movie, and the visuals are stunning. If the first one bored you, I wouldn't race to see the sequel.

For me, I'm really glad I saw it; it was really rewarding.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 7th Oct 17, 1:24 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 4,027 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    The cinema I go to has extremely comfortable leather padded reclining seats with a sude table for drinks/snacks etc. Can't get better than that lol
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 7th Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 7,508 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I started to watch Dumb and Dumber To last night. Very stupid, but I did laugh a few times.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 7th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 26,014 Thanks
    onlyroz
    I started to watch Dumb and Dumber To last night. Very stupid, but I did laugh a few times.
    Originally posted by Wednesday2000
    The original is one of my guilty pleasures. I also really liked Me, Myself and Irene.
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 7th Oct 17, 5:49 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 26,014 Thanks
    onlyroz
    We've just splashed out and bought an OLED 4K TV - so tonight we will be watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in 4K. I've seen it before but not for a while. Today I replenished our Pringle supply in anticipation...
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 8th Oct 17, 12:42 AM
    • 811 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    Bone Tomahawk - really unusual take on a classic western theme and it's got Kurt Russell. What's not to like?
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • Wednesday2000
    • By Wednesday2000 8th Oct 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,341 Posts
    • 7,508 Thanks
    Wednesday2000
    I recorded Cat's Eye last night, I haven't seen that in years. I hope I still think it is good when I watch it.

The original is one of my guilty pleasures.
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    Yes, that was a classic.
    "It doesn't cost any more to dream big."
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 8th Oct 17, 5:45 PM
    • 6,657 Posts
    • 15,727 Thanks
    barmonkey
    Finally watched T2 : Trainspotting 2, Didn't watch it before because I didn't want to be disappointed by it, it was well worth the wait.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 9th Oct 17, 9:42 AM
    • 3,634 Posts
    • 7,995 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Blade Runner 2049. Fabulous. The director appears to be a huge fan of the original based on the care with which he constructed the sequel, and it really benefits. None of the Marvel massive action sequences (I like Marvel, but their approach would have been so wrong for this), but a thoughtful and thought provoking piece of scifi, very faithful to the original in feel.

I loved it, in case anyone is in any doubt
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 9th Oct 17, 6:13 PM
    • 26,862 Posts
    • 14,585 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    t2 trainspotting. Itís ok but nothing special. It feels like a where are they now documentary. Not as good as the original.
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 20th Oct 17, 8:19 AM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 26,014 Thanks
    onlyroz
    The Ridiculous 6 (Netflix). Do. Not. Bother. Offensive and purile in every possible way. Is also one of the few films to receive a 0% score on Rotten Tonatoes.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 20th Oct 17, 9:41 AM
    • 9,518 Posts
    • 9,106 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    The Snowman - gripping but gory serial killer thriller. Set in Norway with an excellent international cast.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 22nd Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 13,855 Posts
    • 65,669 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Capture Kill Release (2016)

Enjoyable film. Start and moments.

Didn't like one moment

Rented on Steam as other places dearer than usual!
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 22nd Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 13,667 Posts
    • 26,014 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Power Rangers - Fairly low-brow but I enjoyed it. And my daughter who is a Power Rangers nut loved it.

Alien: Covenant - A significant improvement on Prometheus although still not a patch on the original Alien. Certainly worth seeing though.

Blade Runner: 2049 - Exceptional in every way. It might be heresy but I preferred it to the original (which I re-watched last week). It certainly captures the feel of the original, and the plot is certainly better - and the cast is uniformly excellent. Plenty of questions are still left unanswered (the biggest of which is whether Deckard is a replicant or not). Maybe in another 30 years there'll be another sequel...
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 22nd Oct 17, 9:54 PM
    • 3,394 Posts
    • 8,289 Thanks
    arthurdick
    I just watched a silly film on Netflix, Jack and Jill.
    It did make me laugh quite a few times, it was'nt such a bad film really.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 22nd Oct 17, 11:51 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 4,956 Thanks
    Spidernick
    I haven't been on here for a while, but agree with those that say that Bladerunner 2049 is well worth seeing. The original is on my top three movies ever and, although I don't think this one will be, I'll need to see it again before deciding. It's likely to be in my top ten films of the year though.

One film that will definitely be in there is The Death of Stalin. The script is highly impressive and the movie manages to be incredibly funny while at the same time making it very clear what a monster Stalin was and how difficult it was to live in the Soviet regime at that time. It's a definite 'must see'.

I've also seen The Mountain Between Us which was watchable enough, but I never really engaged in the characters, nor did I feel they were in the level of danger that was meant to be portrayed.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 22nd Oct 17, 11:55 PM
    • 2,614 Posts
    • 4,956 Thanks
    Spidernick
    Kingsman: The Golden Circle - Intensely silly, and way, way too long.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    One I forgot to mention watching and cannot really add to the above (I've never seen the original mind).
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

251Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin