Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    • 13,762Posts
    • 59,052Thanks
    I luv cats
    Have you seen any good films recently
    • 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    Have you seen any good films recently 9th Jan 12 at 7:50 AM
    I recommend "Danny The Champion Of The World"

This film is really good and with some excellent actors. We read the book @ school and it was lovely to recall the memories of the book with the movie.
Page 269
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 18th May 17, 8:11 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,827 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    The Watch
    With Richard ayoade, Jonah hill, vince vaughn and Ben stiller, always make me giggle.
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 18th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 2,553 Posts
    • 4,784 Thanks
    Spidernick
    Is that the one with David Beckham in?
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Yes, I was going to mention that. He's only in it for a couple of minutes and no doubt is planning to be the new Vinnie Jones!
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 18th May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 2,317 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    We went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on the 1st May bank holiday weekend, and I really enjoyed it- perhaps not quite as much as the first film, but it was a great mix of action, humour and a certain amount of pathos.
    Originally posted by creative gal
    Supposed to be going to see it tomorrow
    Girls do it better....
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 19th May 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1,063 Posts
    • 1,741 Thanks
    coffeehound
    I saw Alien: Covenant today.

Mark Kermode really tore into it on 5Live today, but I have to say I enjoyed it. I thought it wasn't as good as Alien or Aliens (which would be really difficult), but a lot better than all the other films in the franchise.
    Originally posted by Spidernick
    I saw this last night and very much enjoyed it. Visually stunning; just wish I'd ponied-up for 3D. It was almost opposite to Prometheus in one respect: Prometheus = wee bit too sparse, A:C = wee bit too busy. I'm going to have to go back and watch it again to work out what the sam-hell was going on.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 20th May 17, 11:12 AM
    • 385 Posts
    • 1,428 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Yes, I was going to mention that. He's only in it for a couple of minutes and no doubt is planning to be the new Vinnie Jones!
    Sorry, what?
    Beckham? The new Vinnie?
    LMAO I've sh** harder than Beckham...

I've just caught Assassins' Creed and was very impressed by Fassbenders' portrayal of Altair.
    When I heard he'd been cast I was at first dubious he could do it but by the gods he did it and then some...
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 20-05-2017 at 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 20th May 17, 11:20 AM
    • 8,280 Posts
    • 12,543 Thanks
    worried jim
    The Young Offenders.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4714568/

Two teenage boys cycle 160km on stolen bikes pursued by police to find a missing bale of cocaine worth 7 million euro. Set around the real event of Ireland's biggest cocaine seizure in 2007 of 440 million euro.

Very funny.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Dreamnine
    • By Dreamnine 24th May 17, 7:04 PM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 13,208 Thanks
    Dreamnine
    Get Out 2017

Very good and unusual horror film with undertones of racism.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 24th May 17, 8:43 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,827 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Suicide squad
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 24th May 17, 10:43 PM
    • 7,517 Posts
    • 8,320 Thanks
    pelirocco
    Snatched........dont bother its carp
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 24th May 17, 11:14 PM
    • 8,811 Posts
    • 8,194 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Imperium (2016) Daniel Radcliffe stars as an undercover FBI agent seeking to infiltrate white supremacist groups. Toni Collette plays his FBI manager. Good within its slightly limited premise & plot. Radcliffe and Collette are strong and work well together.

(Sky Movies)

King Arthur (2017) Guy Ritchie directs the classic tale with the pace and style of a gangster movie, but with added mysticism. Good fun with plenty of action, some excellent visuals and none of that tedious "hushed exposition in chambers" stuff that tends to dominate worthier movies of this ilk. The 3D print was slightly dim & muddy.

(On general cinema release)
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 24-05-2017 at 11:17 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 26th May 17, 5:00 PM
    • 2,553 Posts
    • 4,784 Thanks
    Spidernick
    I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (or Dead Men Tell No Tales depending on where you live) today.

All I can say about it really is that it passed the time. The plot holes were enormous and it was incredibly derivative (it really has all been done before), but I did laugh in a few places (it has been described as more Carry On than anything else somewhere and I can see that). It was also a little too long. I certainly wouldn't say you must see it and I'm not sure what fans of the series will think. It might be a good thing to take the kids to see during half term, but it's not a given on that score either, as I'm not really sure what the target audience is to be frank.

Watch out for a cameo appearance by one of the most famous living musicians, if you do go and see it.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

• bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 26th May 17, 7:56 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,827 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    Remake of the magnificent seven with Denzel Washington as Sam Chisholm the Bass Reeves type character
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 29th May 17, 9:40 PM
    • 8,811 Posts
    • 8,194 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    I watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (or Dead Men Tell No Tales depending on where you live) today.
    I saw it today.

Certainly the format is now starting to creak like a badly maintained Pirate Ship, and the latest haunted crew effect would have been quite spectacular if it wasn't for its 3 or 4 predecessors in earlier PotC films.

Overall it was entertaining, though it's lost the blockbuster feel and reputation that the franchise once had.

The baddie in this film (Salazar, played by Javier Bardem) is quite a formidable presence. Also his violence (and that in an extended execution scene) is directed towards real people (as opposed to the robot/zombie/alien victims in other franchises). As such, whilst it is a 12A certificate, it may be unsuitable for impressionable younger children.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 29-05-2017 at 9:45 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • prosaver
    • By prosaver 29th May 17, 10:14 PM
    • 6,457 Posts
    • 5,005 Thanks
    prosaver
    art of steal ..really good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbqvELZ1-P8
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 29th May 17, 10:37 PM
    • 2,317 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    I saw the second Guardians of the Galaxy and thought it was really good.
    I never thought I'd be into the marvel type movies but I enjoyed the special effects and the humour
    Girls do it better....
    • Emoji
    • By Emoji 29th May 17, 10:44 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    Emoji
    Not a movie , But is anyone watching American Gods ?

It a has a 6ft leprechaun in it
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 30th May 17, 5:03 PM
    • 2,553 Posts
    • 4,784 Thanks
    Spidernick
    I watched Baywatch today.

I never saw the TV series, so cannot compare the movie to this. I have to say, as cheesy as it was, I enjoyed it and laughed a few times, especially at the self-deprecating elements. It also made a point of not just having sexy women rescued and not everyone was beautiful. Pamela Anderson has a cameo at the end and looks awful (she's been under the knife far too many times by the look of it), which is a shame and David Hasselhoff also makes yet another cameo, after his recent appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.

At just shy of two hours it was about 30 minutes too long in my view, but I would say to give it a go if you think it might be your cup of tea. There is also plenty of flesh for both men and women to enjoy!

Sky? Believe in better.

• minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 30th May 17, 5:27 PM
    • 3,977 Posts
    • 8,452 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Not a movie , But is anyone watching American Gods ?

It a has a 6ft leprechaun in it
    Originally posted by Emoji
    I'm watching it, it's very weird.
    • Anesidora
    • By Anesidora 30th May 17, 9:02 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 616 Thanks
    Anesidora
    The Conjuring and its sequel The Conjuring 2

Don't usually like horror films, although the first film felt more like a thriller than a horror,but really enjoyed both films, very scary in parts.

Enjoyed the second film more though.

It's about the Enfield Haunting during the 70's.where a local family experience paranormal activity and enlist the help of paranormal
    investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren who are also in the first film

There's another sequel planned for next year, The Nun, hope it's as good!
    And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth

When you held onto me like I was your little life raft
    Please know that you were mine as well

Drops of water hit the ground like God's own tears
    And spread out into shapes like
    Salad bowls and basins and buckets for bailing out the flood
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 30th May 17, 10:46 PM
    • 25,893 Posts
    • 13,701 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    The Conjuring and its sequel The Conjuring 2

Don't usually like horror films, although the first film felt more like a thriller than a horror,but really enjoyed both films, very scary in parts.

Enjoyed the second film more though.

It's about the Enfield Haunting during the 70's.where a local family experience paranormal activity and enlist the help of paranormal
    investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren who are also in the first film

There's another sequel planned for next year, The Nun, hope it's as good!
    Originally posted by Anesidora
    Did you see the tv series of the enfield haunting with Timothy spall? That was great.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,067Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin