Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    • 13,773Posts
    • 59,839Thanks
    I luv cats
    Have you seen any good films recently
    • 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    Have you seen any good films recently 9th Jan 12 at 7:50 AM
    I recommend "Danny The Champion Of The World"

This film is really good and with some excellent actors. We read the book @ school and it was lovely to recall the memories of the book with the movie.
Page 262
    • Meg x
    • By Meg x 19th Mar 17, 10:01 AM
    • 1,795 Posts
    • 1,913 Thanks
    Meg x
    Fantastic beasts and where to find them - on Kodi

Really enjoyed it.
    ''Embrace the glorious mess that you are''

Elizabeth Gilbert

''The world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust''
    J.M. Barrie
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 19th Mar 17, 11:03 AM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 24,704 Thanks
    suki1964
    Has anyone seen 30 Days of Night?

It was on in the early hours Friday I think but I had to go to bed. Is it worth looking out for and watching?
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 19th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 4,041 Posts
    • 8,565 Thanks
    minimad1970

It was on in the early hours Friday I think but I had to go to bed. Is it worth looking out for and watching?
    Originally posted by suki1964
    I really enjoyed it and have watched it a couple of times.
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 19th Mar 17, 4:47 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 46,709 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust

yes me - i like it. Its one of the better vampire films imo
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra!
    Originally posted by Sleazy

Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 19th Mar 17, 4:50 PM
    • 16,200 Posts
    • 46,709 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    clown - amazon prime - prob best avoided if you dont like clowns. Film itself was ok.
    I like RainbowFairyDust .....

RFD for president .... Ra! Ra! Ra!
    Originally posted by Sleazy

Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 19th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 4,041 Posts
    • 8,565 Thanks
    minimad1970
    clown - amazon prime - prob best avoided if you dont like clowns.
    Originally posted by rainbowfairydust
    I'll be giving that one a miss then
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 19th Mar 17, 5:08 PM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 8,528 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    "Beauty & the Beast" (2017) - the tills are alive with the sound of music (Emma Watson even does the cliched running up the hill above the village, singing).

To be fair, it was never really going to be my cup of tea, but there's a curious dearth of films at the cinema this week...

It's quite well done. Everyone can sing (are you listening Russell Crowe?) and (spoiler alert) it all comes together in the final reel. There are a few scary/violent moments, which I guess is why it got a PG cert.

Oh, and the 3D works well.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • barmonkey
    • By barmonkey 19th Mar 17, 7:46 PM
    • 6,623 Posts
    • 15,659 Thanks
    barmonkey
    Kong - Skull Island. Enjoyed this, Much better than the Jack Black effort from a few years back.
    WWSD

(what would Scooby Doo)
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 19th Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 2,671 Posts
    • 3,876 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    clown - amazon prime - prob best avoided if you dont like clowns. Film itself was ok.
    Originally posted by rainbowfairydust
    Is this the one where the guy dresses up for his kids birthday but can't get the suit off and turns into a clown?
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 19th Mar 17, 8:11 PM
    • 13,328 Posts
    • 25,375 Thanks
    onlyroz
    The Frame (Amazon Prime) - 2014 film by the same team that produced Ink (also on Amazon Prime). A sci-fi/thriller/love story about two people in parallel worlds who communicate through their televisions. They both think that the other person is the star of their favourite TV show, but things get a bit weird when they realise that they can speak to each other. It's a very interesting idea, with some great performances - well worth a watch but not when you're half asleep.
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 19th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 13,328 Posts
    • 25,375 Thanks
    onlyroz
    "Beauty & the Beast" (2017) - the tills are alive with the sound of music (Emma Watson even does the cliched running up the hill above the village, singing).

To be fair, it was never really going to be my cup of tea, but there's a curious dearth of films at the cinema this week...

It's quite well done. Everyone can sing (are you listening Russell Crowe?) and (spoiler alert) it all comes together in the final reel. There are a few scary/violent moments, which I guess is why it got a PG cert.

Oh, and the 3D works well.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    I'm probably going to see this with my daughter. I loved the original film - this one is billed as being a bit more "feminist", but it'll always be a story about Stockholm syndrome, however you want to spin it. I read that it has been banned in some countries because there is a "gay moment" in the film. The mind boggles.
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 19th Mar 17, 8:14 PM
    • 13,328 Posts
    • 25,375 Thanks
    onlyroz

Is that the one set in Alaska? If so then I enjoyed it - not a patch on 28 Days Later, but still far far far better than Twilight.

If you like films set in snowy remote locations then try Trollhunter. It's in Norwegian with subtitles, and has some shaky handycam work, but is really very good.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 19th Mar 17, 8:20 PM
    • 4,041 Posts
    • 8,565 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Is that the one set in Alaska? If so then I enjoyed it - not a patch on 28 Days Later, but still far far far better than Twilight.

That's the one.

If you like films set in snowy remote locations then try Trollhunter. It's in Norwegian with subtitles, and has some shaky handycam work, but is really very good.
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    I enjoyed Trollhunter as well, it was much better than I thought it was going to be.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 19th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 10,040 Posts
    • 24,704 Thanks
    suki1964
    I'll give it a go then

Not my usual type of film but it grabbed my attention only I had to be up at 5am
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 19th Mar 17, 11:54 PM
    • 22,775 Posts
    • 87,610 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Currently being subjected to Zombies in Lederhosen.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Towser
    • By Towser 20th Mar 17, 12:19 AM
    • 1,015 Posts
    • 1,720 Thanks
    Towser
    Temple Grandin

Inspirational, a real feel good film
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 20th Mar 17, 12:21 AM
    • 756 Posts
    • 1,709 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    The Frame (Amazon Prime) - 2014 film by the same team that produced Ink (also on Amazon Prime). A sci-fi/thriller/love story about two people in parallel worlds who communicate through their televisions. They both think that the other person is the star of their favourite TV show, but things get a bit weird when they realise that they can speak to each other. It's a very interesting idea, with some great performances - well worth a watch but not when you're half asleep.
    I watched this base on your review and really liked it. A well made film too.
    Some bits remiinded me of the video for A-Ha - Take On Me.
    I don't like morning people. Or mornings. Or people.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 20th Mar 17, 9:38 AM
    • 9,088 Posts
    • 8,528 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    I read that it has been banned in some countries because there is a "gay moment" in the film. The mind boggles.
    Indeed. It is literally just a "moment", and would entirely go over the heads of most children, I think.

Even for adults, I think the "moment" is ambiguous and could easily be seen in a brotherly/bro-mance context. (Actually, what is the correct term for a relationship between a clock and a candlestick? )
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 20-03-2017 at 3:18 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 20th Mar 17, 3:13 PM
    • 13,773 Posts
    • 59,839 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Sorority Row

Not too bad

Good Start

Not very original

(recorded off tv)
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 20th Mar 17, 3:23 PM
    • 7,627 Posts
    • 30,802 Thanks
    Flick216
    I saw Pride, Prejudice & Zombies a couple of weeks ago. Utterly bonkers but great fun.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

88Posts Today

2,999Users online

Martin's Twitter