Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    • 13,701Posts
    • 58,590Thanks
    I luv cats
    Have you seen any good films recently
    • 9th Jan 12, 7:50 AM
    Have you seen any good films recently 9th Jan 12 at 7:50 AM
    I recommend "Danny The Champion Of The World"

This film is really good and with some excellent actors. We read the book @ school and it was lovely to recall the memories of the book with the movie.
Page 240
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 18th Oct 16, 3:40 AM
    • 13,701 Posts
    • 58,590 Thanks
    I luv cats
    The Conjuring 2 - Based on the Enfield Haunting. Preferred the TV programme from a couple of years back ( although in the grand scheme of things it wasnt too bad)
    Originally posted by rainbowfairydust
    Thanks for endorsement. (otherwise prob given a wide berth!)

Enjoyable film, engrossing, few jumpy mo's and loved the 70's recreation.

Some great child stars in it.
    • Happygreen
    • By Happygreen 18th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 2,360 Posts
    • 9,198 Thanks
    Happygreen
    Spotlight , journalists uncovering - after a real story. Very good, on prime

Captain FantasticHome educating dad has to take his kids from the wilderness into the real world. Could have been made on cheap laughs but it is a really good film, funny and sad with a strong message about values. Cinema

Julieta by Almodovar. Spanish with subtitles. Family drama. I always enjoy his films, little art pieces in a very particular style. Cinema
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi

Weight Loss thread - - 10.5 kg - 2 st. Swagbucks £55 AZ, 2nd hand sales £ 11, Cash4Clothes
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 18th Oct 16, 7:42 PM
    • 16,010 Posts
    • 46,427 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    Dont Blink - Now TV - seriously no idea what was happening in this film? Thought it was a bit strange but enjoyable enough.

Pandemic - NowTV - apocalyptic zombie film . Some blood and guts. Not too bad.
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 19th Oct 16, 7:25 PM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 8,103 Thanks
    arthurdick
    Just watched "Human Centipede 3", I knew what to expect after having seen 1 & 2, but still there were a couple of little sick bits in it, that I didn't like seeing.
    4371/3 =1457.. some people won't accept that though.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines!
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 20th Oct 16, 10:09 AM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 2,794 Thanks
    Izadora
    The Accountant I saw a preview last night, its full release date is 4th Nov, and it's one of the best films I've seen this year. There are points where it strays a little bit into cliche but mostly it's well written, well acted and, despite nearly a 2 hour running time, it flew by.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 20th Oct 16, 2:33 PM
    • 8,038 Posts
    • 7,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    War on Everyone - a curious hotch-potch of style and content. What could have been a brave noir-cop-buddy-comedy doesn't quite work as any of those things.

Strange to see BFI funding, too.

Similar to this, but (way) better: The Guard (2011)
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 20-10-2016 at 5:21 PM.
    "He knows more about the UK TV Licence than anyone I've ever met".
    • Missli
    • By Missli 20th Oct 16, 2:54 PM
    • 6,758 Posts
    • 16,185 Thanks
    Missli
    Watched XL a subtitled Icelandic film about a politician and his hedonism. Fun to watch, and quirky.

Currently watching Shadow Walkers. Couldn't get into it at first, but enjoying so far.
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 21st Oct 16, 6:11 PM
    • 13,701 Posts
    • 58,590 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Burying the Ex (2014)

LOL bearable (bit whacky) film on NowTV

moments and few gross ones
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 22nd Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 20,744 Posts
    • 52,803 Thanks
    pollypenny
    We eventually managed to use our new meerkats concession this week. Just managed to catch The Magnificent Seven.

I loved it. It wasn't well-reviewed but we thought it was a good, old-fashioned western. Great bit where Denzel, galloping madly, slips to the horse's side and continues shooting.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 22nd Oct 16, 11:21 PM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 3,340 Thanks
    Spidernick
    I watched Philomena (2013 movie) tonight, based on the true story of a woman (played by Judi Dench) whose son was forcibly taken from her in the 1950s as a single mother in Ireland and her search for him 50 years later. A really moving film, which won't make those of us who have a negative view of the Catholic Church feel any different about it.

It was also interesting to see Steve Coogan in a serious role for a change. Recommended.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse)

Note: I was one of the 48.1%, so please don't blame me!
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 23rd Oct 16, 9:08 AM
    • 2,342 Posts
    • 3,265 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    I watched Philomena (2013 movie) tonight, based on the true story of a woman (played by Judi Dench) whose son was forcibly taken from her in the 1950s as a single mother in Ireland and her search for him 50 years later. A really moving film, which won't make those of us who have a negative view of the Catholic Church feel any different about it.

It was also interesting to see Steve Coogan in a serious role for a change. Recommended.
    Originally posted by Spidernick
    Where can I find it please?
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 23rd Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 8,103 Thanks
    arthurdick
    We eventually managed to use our new meerkats concession this week. Just managed to catch The Magnificent Seven.

I loved it. It wasn't well-reviewed but we thought it was a good, old-fashioned western. Great bit where Denzel, galloping madly, slips to the horse's side and continues shooting.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    I watched that film too, thought it was quite good.
    Liked the bit nearer the end with the one who liked doing card tricks.
    • arthurdick
    • By arthurdick 23rd Oct 16, 10:38 AM
    • 3,315 Posts
    • 8,103 Thanks
    arthurdick
    Saw a film on Nflix last night, we are Nflix virgins, it's all new to us this modern technology,liking it so far.
    The film was called "unleashed", wasn't too bad, it was watchable.

Loads of stuff on there, aint there, I would rather watch old B movies than a lot of these Saturday night rigged & scripted shows, that try to con the viewers into thinking it is all real.
    Last edited by arthurdick; 23-10-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 23rd Oct 16, 4:27 PM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 3,340 Thanks
    Spidernick
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    This was on a DVD purchased from a charity shop or CEX and hopefully easy to get hold of.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse)

Note: I was one of the 48.1%, so please don't blame me!
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 23rd Oct 16, 5:13 PM
    • 8,038 Posts
    • 7,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    It was shown on the BBC a few months ago.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 23rd Oct 16, 6:16 PM
    • 24,362 Posts
    • 12,833 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    If you have an android device it will no doubt be available on certain free apps. I won't name them here but I will let you know via pm if you are interested.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 24th Oct 16, 2:08 AM
    • 2,342 Posts
    • 3,265 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    If you have an android device it will no doubt be available on certain free apps. I won't name them here but I will let you know via pm if you are interested.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    Apple only here, I'm afraid.
    • I luv cats
    • By I luv cats 24th Oct 16, 11:46 AM
    • 13,701 Posts
    • 58,590 Thanks
    I luv cats
    Green Room (2015)

Not too bad with tense moments & some violence.

Nice to see Patrick Stewart

Bit chaotic

Rented on Google Play with 1/2 price offer (on their app)
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 24th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 8,038 Posts
    • 7,312 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    The Girl on the Train - Hard work, but good. Emily Blunt is exceptionally good in full-on break down mode.

Trolls - Too cute for words. (Although the basic premise is surprisingly dark).
    • Missli
    • By Missli 24th Oct 16, 12:34 PM
    • 6,758 Posts
    • 16,185 Thanks
    Missli
    Saw The Witch and The Forest, both 99p rentals, both ok but a bit mediocre. Worth watching but not as good as I'd hoped. Then bought the digital version of Labyrinth for £4.99 which I adore.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

282Posts Today

1,741Users online

Martin's Twitter