Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    buuuug
    Mapfre Assistance insurance rating
    • 4th Jan 12, 10:52 PM
    Mapfre Assistance insurance rating 4th Jan 12 at 10:52 PM
    Hi,

I have used moneysupermarket.com and mapfre comes out with a good price for a MPI product, around £30 per month compared to my current £65 so its enticing to swap.

I have received a number of calls and letters regarding my current insurance and mis-selling so in order to pursue this i need to ensure that i am covered by an alternative product but have never heard of mapfre before and as yet have been unable to find any reviews on their products.

The DEFAQU website doesnt list them all, www.reviewguide.co.uk doesnt, neither does www.reevoo.co.uk and Google only seems to through up news articles rather than customer reviews.

Have you or anyone else you know heard of these and are they a good company?

Thanks

Nat
Page 1
    • rince2028
    • By rince2028 11th Jun 17, 1:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    rince2028
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:09 PM
    dont use mapfre
    • 11th Jun 17, 1:09 PM
    mapfre are terrible they neve phone you back and they wee oing to leave me stranded in greece because 11 days was not enough to decide cover and check my medical records , i had pneumonia and was in hospital 8 days , in a dirty hospital with nurses who hated english, they told me they wanted me to stay in greece and wait for a doctor to fly home with me but they would not pay for hotel and flights home until they deided if i was covered , i had spent over £600 on things while i was in hospital , i told them i did not have money to stay longe and pay for hotel and not enough meds left with me for a week which is what they said it would be to organise everything, even though i signed a form to say i would pay them back if i was not covered , so i had no choice but to fly home , my origonal dr said i was ok to but mapfre dr said i was not , so i had a choice fly home orsit in my wheekchair at the side of the road with my wife and luggage no meds and not alot of money , so we flew i was ok , 2 days later mapfre phoned asking where are you at the moment lol, they had no idea if i was in greece or home in uk, for all they knew i had been i greece with no hotel or meds fr over 48 hrs knowing i am disabled and in a wheelchair, it was a further 48 hrs after that they phoned me to say good news you have cover, what a joke 13 days to make that dessision they blamed my drs at home for slow amount of time to send my records , my drs said they were sent within 24hrs of mapfre asking which was 3 days after we faxed my consent form to them .i have since put a claim in with the company that handles they claims , and with missed holiday it was £2000, alot cheaper than paying for a dr to fly home with me i worked out dr +hotel+flights would have been over 6k, they did my claim super fast and offered me £220 . i got the insurance through compair the market and the broker was allclear its been a nightmare stay away from mapfre and there other companies avanti and traveltoad and there are others, they will make you ill by the time you have finished
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

430Posts Today

4,667Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhiskyOneIce: @MartinSLewis Changed my fuel from Britush Gas to Sainsburies yesterday via MSE site and saved £230 odd PA...Thanks ????????

• RT @rbp77: @MartinSLewis Interesting that Facebook facial recognition tech can't be put to use in recognising misuse of people's image in i?

• And yesterday Facebook put a quote out saying all the SCAM adverts with me in had been dealt with. Balderdash!? https://t.co/OrvsWKIJfJ

• Follow Martin