Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Old Style MoneySaving > What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? (Page 464)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
Views: 1,213,370
# 9261
alisara
Old 05-12-2012, 4:14 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Chicken, chips and coleslaw -emptying out the freezer as well.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alisara For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9262
Rossy2692
Old 05-12-2012, 4:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Cant be bothered so its oven chips, saus, egg and beans, am a bad wife and mother lol
Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!!

Weightloss challenge 2/14

"Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossy2692 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9263
Josslette
Old 05-12-2012, 5:20 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I'm making chicken fried rice for tea will try and remember to take a pic! xx
September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josslette For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9264
soba
Old 05-12-2012, 6:13 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Massaman beef cury with rice and naan bread. Had a visitor so had to get some pitta breads and wraps out of the freezer to make it go a bit further. And some poppadums with chutney.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soba For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9265
gemmylou86
Old 05-12-2012, 6:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi all, can I join you?

Tonight i've tried to jazz up some weight w@tchers sausages found in the freezer by doing a spicy casserole. serving it with some frozen steamed veggies and mash.
I'm also trying to de-clutter freezer for xmas, and in the long term so that I can start batch cooking and freezing meals.

I've got a mr T frozen 'Simply cook' joint of gammon to use up - any suggestions that aren't the usual 'gammon egg and chips'? want to try something new...

gems
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gemmylou86 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9266
plum2002
Old 05-12-2012, 6:53 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmylou86 View Post
Hi all, can I join you?

Tonight i've tried to jazz up some weight w@tchers sausages found in the freezer by doing a spicy casserole. serving it with some frozen steamed veggies and mash.
I'm also trying to de-clutter freezer for xmas, and in the long term so that I can start batch cooking and freezing meals.

I've got a mr T frozen 'Simply cook' joint of gammon to use up - any suggestions that aren't the usual 'gammon egg and chips'? want to try something new...

gems
gammon, mash, peas and parsley sauce?

we've got chili, wraps, guacamole, sour cream, grated cheese and salad tonight
Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe.

“Don’t have children if you can’t afford them” is the “Let them eat cake” of the 21st century. It doesn’t matter how children got here, they need and deserve to be fed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plum2002 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9267
CT19720
Old 05-12-2012, 7:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I just had hm chicken and mushroom soup - since sunday have managed to stretch a small chicken for a roast, chicken and prawn thai green curry (for 4), and now soup for me.

I ate all the soup oops- so made DH and the kids hm pizza using naam bread.

When I cook a gammon (1kg)- it is usually in the SC, and one day will have it with herb potatoes and veg; the next day we will have gammon, peas, and rice, with sweet chilli sauce, and the third day, there should be enough to do a sweet chilli sauce stirfry with gammon, stirfried veg - anything I have in the freeze really - carrots/peas/broccoli/beans/peppers/onions/mushrooms etc, and a packet of cheap noodles. The last dish, doesn't look great on the plate, but is absolutely gorgeous.

We like to stretch a piece of meat in this house!
2013, was the year that my saving account was depleted - £11,200, on a car, holiday and loan to my mum,
so 2014 is the year I SAVE for the future - Aim £6,000 - £70.00/£6,000

Last edited by CT19720; 05-12-2012 at 7:06 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CT19720 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9268
vodkachick68
Old 05-12-2012, 7:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

My boyfriend and i are having spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread and salad. For afters its chocolate log and mince pie ice cream
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vodkachick68 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9269
heavenleigh
Old 05-12-2012, 8:50 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Kids had fishcakes, chips, peas and broccoli, other half and i had open the fridge and chuck it all in quesidillas with refried beans/peppers/onions/fried potatoes chicken and cheese, served with salsa and sour cream....kids would have eaten the same but needed feeding a couple of hours earlier than us tonight due to after school clubs and dd1's bus running out of fuel on the way home!
I will save my tesco £1 savings stamps this year! .......so far = £50 (full card#1)
Card #2 £6. I will not be skint at Chistmas this year!

Total £56
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heavenleigh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9270
Popperwell
Old 05-12-2012, 8:57 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Too much YS meat to use up so just having it in buns for the next few days rather than meals as such...lovely ham or pork. On it's own or with other things. I suppose I could do some meals like ham, eggs, mushrooms and chips. Or a ham salad...
"A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Popperwell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9271
HeadAboveWater
Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Smile

Had chicken fajitas with heaps of side salad last night which was so simple but totally and utterly scrumptious

Tonight I'm cooking my favouritest ever dinner (OH and DD3 favourite too!)...

Ginger pork and dauphinoise pototoes

The ginger pork was a recipe I found in a £1.99 recipe book last year and it's now my speciality!! lol

I was super organised last night. Have veg and spuds prepared and pork is marinading, so just need to switch on the cooker/oven when I get home and get the heat going!

Oh I can't wait! Mouth watering
Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out

FD Target take 2: £1750/£3600
ebay sales 2014: £106.64
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeadAboveWater For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9272
Mortgage Reduction Novice
Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

We're having left over HM chicken korma from the freezer - trying to run it down (like a few other people's posts - also seems to be never ending - at this rate it'll be switched off for the whole time we're away at Christmas!)
MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Oct 2013 £137k
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mortgage Reduction Novice For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9273
Rossy2692
Old 06-12-2012, 2:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well i got a load of beef skirt from my butchers today so am making a beef and leek pie and having mash and veggies with it Its a chilly one so hopefully this will warm the cockles!
Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!!

Weightloss challenge 2/14

"Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rossy2692 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9274
artydoll
Old 06-12-2012, 2:23 PM

Made a beef stew for today,mostly came from freezer ,beef cubes,swede,parsnips,sliced leek.all came from freezer,been freezing them when I buy them,portioning them and chucking in the freezer

OH got a sliced loaf out yesterday and asked what was in all the little plastic bags ?
So today I showed him when I made the stew lol.
It was so quick even got him to peel a few potatoes for it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to artydoll For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9275
Popperwell
Old 06-12-2012, 2:28 PM

Still on the ham butties...I refuse to waste the YS meat even if it has gone past the date on the lable. It looks, smells and tastes ok. And is in a fridge that is at the correct temperture.

May do a meal later, ham, baked beans eggs, mushrooms and chips.

May open a can of rice pudding afterwards.

Similar to previous meals I mentioned earlier in the week.

Then perhaps I can do something else over the weekend.
"A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Popperwell For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9276
Fruball
Old 06-12-2012, 2:30 PM

Lazy dinner of pizza and garlic bread
Starting Over
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fruball For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9277
Frith
Old 06-12-2012, 2:59 PM

We're having tea at my mum and dad's tonight. :-)

Made a large quantity of meatballs today though, so have some in the fridge for tomorrow's tea and another meal's worth in the freezer.

Have been trying to use the soup up from the freezer so I had a portion for lunch today... and yesterday...
17.1.2014 - 12 stones 8. 18.2.2014 - 12 stones 6.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frith For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9278
DuckEggGingham
Old 06-12-2012, 3:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Aubergine sliced length ways, roasted off in the oven, then putting lots of cheese on top of them and finishing them off under the grill served with soya mince done in a pepper and tomato based sauce.

Lots of weird and wonderful meals for the next 2 weeks as I use up what is in the freezer ready for lots of Christmas leftovers lol!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DuckEggGingham For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9279
Josslette
Old 06-12-2012, 4:25 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Chicken Goujons in wraps with reggae reggae sauce mixed into mayo. Served with potato wedges and salad. It's soooo cold out there!
September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josslette For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9280
Metranil Vavin
Old 06-12-2012, 4:27 PM

mmm some of these dinner's are making me hungry, and it's only 4.30!

I'm going to cobble together a chilli I think as OH is out at his work Xmas party tonight, and I have mine tomorrow night so will make enough for him tomorrow too.

mmmmm chilli..
Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
You don't even take him seriously,
How am I going to get to heaven?,
When I'm just balanced so precariously..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metranil Vavin For This Useful Post: Show me >>