Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cutestkids
    • By cutestkids 2nd Jan 12, 3:03 PM
    • 1,637Posts
    • 8,146Thanks
    cutestkids
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
    • 2nd Jan 12, 3:03 PM
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? 2nd Jan 12 at 3:03 PM
    Hi I know that there is a what have you baked today, what is in your slow cooker today and the weekly meal planner threads already but there does not seem to be a What are cooking for dinner tonight thread.

I just wondered if anyone would like to join me in this perhaps we can get tips and inspiration from each other.

To start us off I am doing Homemade chilli with spicy wedges today

I have made a huge vat of chilli there is enough for the four of us to have 4 meals so will be freezing three lots later on.
    Last edited by cutestkids; 02-01-2012 at 3:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
Page 2178
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 17th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    • 57,598 Posts
    • 330,685 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I popped out to the shops unexpectedly ... didn't need anything, but I was going a bit stir crazy I think.... and I appear to have arrived home with a bar of turkish delight chocolate, 6 jam/curd tarts and 3 mini cheesecakes ... and 2 bananas (guilt trip purchase).

• kboss2010
    • By kboss2010 17th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 7,007 Thanks
    kboss2010
    A HM roast chicken dinner then using what's left to make scotch broth & chicken stock.
    "I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum
    'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. Tapping

I'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there
    ~ Lifehouse
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 17th Mar 17, 7:43 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 45,626 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I popped out to the shops unexpectedly ... didn't need anything, but I was going a bit stir crazy I think.... and I appear to have arrived home with a bar of turkish delight chocolate, 6 jam/curd tarts and 3 mini cheesecakes ... and 2 bananas (guilt trip purchase).

Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Thanks PN you've just remained me I need to buy a banana tomorrow.

Had some LO veg with rice egg fried with soy sauce for lunch and a few spring roll bits as had early yoga. Also a slice of bread with peanut butter before going out, so really not that hungry now. Might have some picky bits later.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• katkin
    • By katkin 18th Mar 17, 1:36 PM
    • 844 Posts
    • 6,648 Thanks
    katkin
    I woke from an amazing dream of Chinese food, lots of dishes set in a rural Chinese village it had been a bit of a James Bond style Asian adventure before that!

Last portion of hm fish pie out of the freezer last night with peas and tomatoes. A small portion hence the nocturnal hunger

Tonight will be chicken fajitas (sp?) hm salsa and salady sides. No guacamole as I'm allergic to advocado.

I have oxtail in the slow cooker for Sunday with root veg and red wine. Totally needs mash, so hubby can get some and I'll have extra kale with leeks. So looking forward to it
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 18th Mar 17, 1:46 PM
    • 3,304 Posts
    • 30,344 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Hubby is cooking tonight, not sure what, but it will be based around Chicken as that is what I have out
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

March GC £250/£312.00
    • karcher
    • By karcher 18th Mar 17, 5:28 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 5,366 Thanks
    karcher
    Chinky then boozer.
    Originally posted by gt568
    That's the wrong way round in my world

Much better to go to the boozer first then pick up a Chinese take away on the way home imho ...though I'd rather have an Indian curry TA

No dinner plans as yet. This morning I thought I'd have burgers in buns and salad but don't fancy that now...will see how I feel later
    Please excuse the occasional absence of capital letters in my posts. My left shift key seems to only work when if feels like it and i often cba to go back and edit
    • C J
    • By C J 18th Mar 17, 5:52 PM
    • 988 Posts
    • 4,315 Thanks
    C J
    Pan fried salmon fillets which have been marinating in Chinese spices and a drizzle of honey all afternoon, served with stir fried pak choi, sliced chestnut mushrooms, and bean sprouts. Cheesecake with defrosted (frozen last autumn) home grown raspberries for pud.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • caronc
    • By caronc 18th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    • 1,077 Posts
    • 5,796 Thanks
    caronc
    Sirloin steak, big flat mushrooms, peppercorn sauce, tomatoes,wedges , mash and onion rings
    Last edited by caronc; 18-03-2017 at 7:54 PM.
    Feb GC £122/£100
    Mar GC £131/£150
    April GC £0/£160
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 18th Mar 17, 6:42 PM
    • 2,756 Posts
    • 7,410 Thanks
    Callie22
    HM chilli, some nachos baked with cheese, and an avocado, mango and black bean salad. Very tasty
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 18th Mar 17, 7:17 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 45,626 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Traditional carb loading dinner out with OH and one of my best friends. We all ended up choosing the same pizza which was yummy. Home with a cuppa now.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• karcher
    • By karcher 18th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 830 Posts
    • 5,366 Thanks
    karcher

No dinner plans as yet. This morning I thought I'd have burgers in buns and salad but don't fancy that now...will see how I feel later
    Originally posted by karcher
    Having Pizza.
    Please excuse the occasional absence of capital letters in my posts. My left shift key seems to only work when if feels like it and i often cba to go back and edit
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 18th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 979 Posts
    • 9,822 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    Bung it in the oven dinner tonight. Oven chips, beans and breaded chicken for OH and fried egg for me.

We looked after DGS (2) all day as DD went to Cardiff to meet up with some friends from Uni.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 18th Mar 17, 8:05 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 286 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    Spaghetti bolognese, with the sauce from a batch I cooked last week and stuck in the freezer.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £2 a Day in March 2017 - £71.66/£62 (2017 total - £41.32) | Womble #03 - £1.97 | Overpayments - £155.12 | Emergency Savings - £0.00/£1000
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 18th Mar 17, 8:24 PM
    • 2,831 Posts
    • 24,022 Thanks
    maddiemay
    GF (SM) pizza loaded with extra mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese with a mixed salad, very tasty and eaten while watching the rugby. Lemon mousse for pud for me, nothing yet for OH, but he ate more pizza than me
    • JIL
    • By JIL 18th Mar 17, 9:49 PM
    • 2,846 Posts
    • 16,777 Thanks
    JIL
    Husband had fish curry, made from hake and some mixed seafood and a ready made Goan sauce. I had a quorn curry out of a box. Side of Bombay potatoes made and frozen a few weeks ago. Popadoms and a chapati on the side. Not fab but it was ok and easy to make.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 19th Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    • 10,655 Posts
    • 10,260 Thanks
    Chris25
    I need to defrost freezer so it's going to be a mish-mash of foods tonight - family will be pleased
    • beluga
    • By beluga 19th Mar 17, 10:36 AM
    • 815 Posts
    • 4,839 Thanks
    beluga
    I made a beef casserole last night so i'll have that later with mash and green beans.
    HM fried rice for lunch, used up all the oddments in the fridge (peas, corn, carrots, LO chicken, LO sausages, sprouts, mushrooms). Same again for lunch tomorrow, and a portion for the freezer.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 19th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 1,656 Posts
    • 1,946 Thanks
    gt568
    Beef broth.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 19th Mar 17, 1:12 PM
    • 16,362 Posts
    • 39,237 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I have diced lamb with onions, potatoes & tomatoes with garlic and various herbs (hope I haven't overdone the mint) in the slow cooker. I'll add flageolet beans when we get home.
    • Gintotmelinda
    • By Gintotmelinda 19th Mar 17, 1:51 PM
    • 979 Posts
    • 9,822 Thanks
    Gintotmelinda
    OH is making steak and mushroom pie. Cooking in the slow cooker now. We will have mash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peas with it and gravy. Mmmm.
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,170Posts Today

7,294Users online

Martin's Twitter