Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cutestkids
    • By cutestkids 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    • 1,637Posts
    • 8,146Thanks
    cutestkids
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
    • 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? 2nd Jan 12 at 4:03 PM
    Hi I know that there is a what have you baked today, what is in your slow cooker today and the weekly meal planner threads already but there does not seem to be a What are cooking for dinner tonight thread.

I just wondered if anyone would like to join me in this perhaps we can get tips and inspiration from each other.

To start us off I am doing Homemade chilli with spicy wedges today

I have made a huge vat of chilli there is enough for the four of us to have 4 meals so will be freezing three lots later on.
    Last edited by cutestkids; 02-01-2012 at 4:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
Page 2046
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 15th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 44,029 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Ended up having some HM veg curry from the freezer and heated up some samosas and bajis that were in the fridge. OH was out of curry sauce so I tried making some quickly, tasted a bit salty to me. Oven warmed my curry instead of nuking it, spinach got stuck to the side and burnt. Can't say I particularly enjoyed it, wonder why I bother at times.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 16th Oct 16, 12:07 AM
    • 56,005 Posts
    • 321,784 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    .... wonder why I bother at times.
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Because society tells us that we're not supposed to live on crisp sandwiches

If nobody knew and it didn't matter to eat different stuff .... we'd all be eating just crisp sandwiches
    • JIL
    • By JIL 16th Oct 16, 1:12 AM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 15,806 Thanks
    JIL
    Four of us tonight, I made enchiladas, I bought quorn to do some for me and used chicken for the others, served with Mexican rice, corn on the cob, salad, avocado, salsa, tortilla chips and sweet potato wedges. Very colourful and tasty.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 16th Oct 16, 8:57 AM
    • 10,604 Posts
    • 135,565 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Bagels and low fat cream cheese again for breakfast.

Lunch will be another luncheon meat and brown sauce sandwich.

Supper will be steak pie, roast potatoes, steamed broccoli and carrots, gravy and apple crumble with custard if needed.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 16th Oct 16, 9:17 AM
    • 9,560 Posts
    • 21,320 Thanks
    suki1964
    Mother plonked some pork chops and a tin of pineapple on the table the other day so I've got to do something with that

She's thinking sweet and sour, I'm thinking pork chops in pepper sauce followed by pineapple upside down cake lol

I shall have a think
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 16th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 517 Posts
    • 2,974 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We're having pork fillet and peppercorn sauce with roast potatoes, roast sweet potatoes and various veg followed by baked stuffed apples with vanilla ice cream.
    Weight lost since 8th July 2016 - 1 stone 3 lbs
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 16th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 9,560 Posts
    • 21,320 Thanks
    suki1964
    We're having pork fillet and peppercorn sauce with roast potatoes, roast sweet potatoes and various veg followed by baked stuffed apples with vanilla ice cream.
    Originally posted by hatful-of-hollow
    See, that's the lines I'm thinking off, just chops instead of fillet
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 16th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 824 Posts
    • 4,935 Thanks
    t14cy t
    roast belly of pork., YS of course!! with all the trimmings!! x
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 16th Oct 16, 10:15 AM
    • 56,005 Posts
    • 321,784 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I've absolutely no idea. Fed up with having to think about food to be honest .... I might give it all a miss... see how hard the hunger pangs bite me, that's often the motivator that makes me head for the microwave.

I had a cheese/bean wrap for breakfast as the beans were open/in the fridge and the wraps were opened over a week ago and I only ate once yesterday.

I guess we'll all have to wait for some startlingly exciting announcement by me later that I've thought of something.

Or .... I might nuke some chips and shove them in a wrap with a splash of ketchup
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 16th Oct 16, 11:05 AM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 42,106 Thanks
    Jazee
    DH is making dinner tonight. Meatballs and pasta all done from scratch.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! Jan £0

• kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 16th Oct 16, 11:48 AM
    • 7,000 Posts
    • 44,029 Thanks
    kerri gt
    I've absolutely no idea. Fed up with having to think about food to be honest .... I might give it all a miss... see how hard the hunger pangs bite me, that's often the motivator that makes me head for the microwave.

I had a cheese/bean wrap for breakfast as the beans were open/in the fridge and the wraps were opened over a week ago and I only ate once yesterday.

I guess we'll all have to wait for some startlingly exciting announcement by me later that I've thought of something.

Or .... I might nuke some chips and shove them in a wrap with a splash of ketchup
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Chip wrap sounds pretty good PN, let me know what time I need to be over. Had high hopes for this weekend and now feeling totally demotivated for anything.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• basil92
    • By basil92 16th Oct 16, 12:45 PM
    • 10,859 Posts
    • 28,156 Thanks
    basil92
    Chip wrap sounds pretty good PN, let me know what time I need to be over. Had high hopes for this weekend and now feeling totally demotivated for anything.
    Originally posted by kerri gt

Can I join you and PN...I'm feeling much the same as you.

I had some large slices of seeded wholemeal bread toasted with loads of butter and honey for brunch.

I made a huge chilli yesterday made with some homegrown aubergines and peppers (plus mushrooms) but one of the aubergines had a maggot in it and whilst that obviously got thrown away...I can't bring myself to eat any of it.

I ended up having tuna sandwiches and crisps last night so I really should eat the chilli tonight..but I just can't face it in case some of that was infested too

I absolutely hate wasting food, but I have a feeling it may end up in the bin
    If you want somebody you can trust...trust yourself

Basil - Lovely, a sensitive soul with legs designed for the catwalk
    Originally posted by Chopper98
    • C J
    • By C J 16th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 4,070 Thanks
    C J
    Roast boneless leg of lamb stuffed with chopped garlic, thyme and preserved lemon. This will be served with cauliflower cheese and steamed green beans, both from the garden (via the freezer). Dessert will be Monmouth Pudding
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • gt568
    • By gt568 16th Oct 16, 4:15 PM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 1,693 Thanks
    gt568
    Just sausage baps. Might go chav and put some chips in the bap too!
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • FrugalinShropshire
    • By FrugalinShropshire 16th Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    FrugalinShropshire
    Spicy bean burgers in buns,and home preserved apple sauce and yogurt for pudding.
    Proud to be mortgage free
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 16th Oct 16, 4:37 PM
    • 2,988 Posts
    • 27,545 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Hi all,

Sound like pork is the favourite today Some great sounding meals going in - yum..

PN - how was your meal out at a friend's?

I'm with Lyn today (not literally) we are having steak pie, mashed swede, Veg and gravy

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

December GC £0/£0.00
    • flubberyzing
    • By flubberyzing 16th Oct 16, 5:40 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 6,244 Thanks
    flubberyzing
    Chicken curry and rice here. Nothing too exciting. I wasn't particularly hungry, but I was aware that I didn't eat much yesterday as well, so thought it best to try and fill up a bit.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    • JIL
    • By JIL 16th Oct 16, 5:59 PM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 15,806 Thanks
    JIL
    Another pork belly here, slow cooked in cider, then finished off in oven. I was doing a bit of prep for the next couple of days so I also made some toad in the hole. Yorkshire puddings, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, nut roast, red cabbage (Delia's recipe) a pan of soup and some bread rolls.
    I did do some veg and roast and mashed potatoes.
    Last edited by JIL; 17-10-2016 at 12:28 AM.
    • katkin
    • By katkin 16th Oct 16, 6:09 PM
    • 570 Posts
    • 4,862 Thanks
    katkin
    LO roast beef dinner from last night's big family meal. A smaller portion today and no yorkshire puddings left, but the gravy with extra veggies more than made up.

Gravy with anything is amazing!

Islandmaid, your gravy with that pie looks amazing too x
    • TarantulaLady
    • By TarantulaLady 16th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    TarantulaLady
    Toad in the hole with quorn sausages, mash, cumin carrots and cabbage and thick gravy
    DFD 2020
    Morgage Free Date 2022
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,154Posts Today

5,924Users online

Martin's Twitter