Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cutestkids
    • By cutestkids 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    • 1,637Posts
    • 8,146Thanks
    cutestkids
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ?
    • 2nd Jan 12, 4:03 PM
    What are You Making For Dinner Tonight ? 2nd Jan 12 at 4:03 PM
    Hi I know that there is a what have you baked today, what is in your slow cooker today and the weekly meal planner threads already but there does not seem to be a What are cooking for dinner tonight thread.

I just wondered if anyone would like to join me in this perhaps we can get tips and inspiration from each other.

To start us off I am doing Homemade chilli with spicy wedges today

I have made a huge vat of chilli there is enough for the four of us to have 4 meals so will be freezing three lots later on.
    Last edited by cutestkids; 02-01-2012 at 4:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    1 Sealed Pot Challenge # 1480
    2 Stopped Smoking 28/08/2011
    3 Joined Payment A Day Challenge 3/12/2011
    4 One debt vs 100 days part 15 £579.62/ £579.62New challenge £155.73/£500
    5 Pay off as much as you can in 2013 challenge!£6609.20 / £7500
Page 2045
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 13th Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 44,032 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Last night we had bubble and squeak with pork and leek sausages, mushrooms and peas

I also made leek and potato soup for lunches ( did anyone notice leaks were on special in lidl this week . )

Tonight was chicken madras ( with leeks) boiled rice and onion bhajees

I've pics somewhere but my head is fried tonight and can't get them to post
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Darn, missed the leeks with being away

Some good root veg this week though - carrots and parsnips - glad they have started putting their weekly magazines online again, love a browse through
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    • By JIL 13th Oct 16, 11:11 PM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 15,809 Thanks
    JIL
    Curry, popped into the M&S garage to pick up a nan bread and they had reduced a couple of ready meals, cauliflower rice with tikka chicken. So I bought 2. Thinking the rice would be handy and the tikka would be a decent side.
    Was a little surprised when I got home and there was no rice!! That will teach me. Anyway I made my usual paneer curry and a prawn curry. And I warmed up an uncle Ben's rice. The tikka and cauliflower rice made a good side dish. Husband, son and daughter said it was fab, I was pleased it was all ready to eat within 25 mins.
    • pajama
    • By pajama 14th Oct 16, 9:33 AM
    • 165 Posts
    • 1,274 Thanks
    pajama
    Hubby home from working away all week so a dinner is in order with plenty of veg. He tends to always vere towards burgers on the menu when working away and avoids the veg. So tonight it's butchers sausages, mash, veg, yorkshires and onion gravy.
    Grocery Challenge -
    Dec £87.23/£450.00
    Nov £295.37/£360.00

• Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 14th Oct 16, 10:51 AM
    • 2,989 Posts
    • 27,553 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Date Night tonight, and I know that Youngest is coming home tonight from Uni, he wants to surprise Hubby, so I have to 'steer' the evening till he 'appears' LOL

Been playing with my food again

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

December GC £0/£0.00
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 14th Oct 16, 12:05 PM
    • 10,604 Posts
    • 135,571 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    That's such fun Islandmaid!

Breakfast today was Wartime Potato Floddies with brown sauce.

Lunch will be oatcakes, cheese, celery and chutney.

Supper will be Keema Curry with basmati rice and naan breads.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • C J
    • By C J 14th Oct 16, 12:40 PM
    • 953 Posts
    • 4,079 Thanks
    C J
    The Halloween food is fab, Islandmaid! I miss doing all that, now that my girls are all grown up. We used to have some wonderful parties for them when they were little

I'm being lazy tonight after a stressful week at work, so it'll just be another portion of yesterday's Thai red curry for tonight's supper. I need it to be something quick and easy.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 14th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 56,011 Posts
    • 321,814 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I'm going round to somebody's house for my tea tonight
    Pie, mash, veggies, gravy.
    Nom.
    • gt568
    • By gt568 14th Oct 16, 2:26 PM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 1,693 Thanks
    gt568
    Fake doner kebabs.....
    Down with the signature fascists!!
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 14th Oct 16, 2:27 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Taking the kids to the fair tonight, one of my favorite nights of the year so making a speedy pasta bake before
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 14th Oct 16, 6:20 PM
    • 517 Posts
    • 2,974 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    We had slow cooker brisket with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, peas, carrots, broccoli, yorkshire pud and lovely gravy. Four portions gone into the freezer for another time.
    Weight lost since 8th July 2016 - 1 stone 3 lbs
    • trolleyrun
    • By trolleyrun 14th Oct 16, 8:04 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    trolleyrun
    I'm having my first ever pizza delivery! A big insurance payment finally came through so I thought I'd treat myself. I'm so excited!
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Oct 16, 10:13 PM
    • 7,002 Posts
    • 44,032 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Pinged a spinach and ricotta cannelloni at about 9pm.

Lamb mince out of the freezer (by the look of it, it's been there some time) and I bought some lazy instant mash yesterday so going to do a shepherds pie tomorrow while OH has nibbly bits. I have some cream ot use up so will either go in the mash or I might make some dauphinoise potatoes on Sunday with something.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• suki1964
    • By suki1964 15th Oct 16, 8:54 AM
    • 9,565 Posts
    • 21,334 Thanks
    suki1964
    Last night was the last of Sunday's ham with fresh from the hen eggs and chips

Bloomin lovely

Tonight it's whatever you want cos I'm not cooking night
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 15th Oct 16, 9:06 AM
    • 10,604 Posts
    • 135,571 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Breakfast was cheesy bagels with L/F cream cheese

Lunch will be luncheon meat and brown sauce sandwiches

Supper will be cod and sweet potato fish cakes, home made oven wedges and peas followed by wartime fruit shortcake.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • hatful-of-hollow
    • By hatful-of-hollow 15th Oct 16, 9:59 AM
    • 517 Posts
    • 2,974 Thanks
    hatful-of-hollow
    Lunch is carrot and coriander soup (from freezer) with freshly baked baguette. Tonight we're having chicken curry (from freezer) with pilau rice. Individual plum crumble for pud, again from the freezer (trying to make space as going shopping tomorrow )
    Weight lost since 8th July 2016 - 1 stone 3 lbs
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 15th Oct 16, 3:00 PM
    • 56,011 Posts
    • 321,814 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I'm having to cut back this week, so it'll be scrambled eggs on toast again. Might "go mad" as it's a Saturday night .... might open a tin of beans too. After all, "I'm worth it"

Oh bugg4h.. that reminds me, I'm out of brown sauce, so I will pop out in a bit and get some.

Total cost ~36p for that .... should balance the spends a little.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 15th Oct 16, 4:35 PM
    • 2,989 Posts
    • 27,553 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    Had a great night last night, youngest turned up, Hubby got all emotional, he has really missed him, they are such good mates.

Very unOS we had a Chinese last night, then we went out for lunch today, amazing local food - SO full... DS and I had potted shrimps and soda bread toast to start, DH had stuffed vine leaves with a walnut and pomegranate salad then mains were for me Rolled Shoulder of lamb with a sweet potato tagine and cous cous, DH had Pork Belly with local Pork Sausage and black pudding with pickled red cabbage, and Potato gratin, DS has 3 cheese Macaroni and garlic bread.... all was lovely

I did make a Victoria Sponge this morning as it's youngest favourite
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

December GC £0/£0.00
    • FrugalinShropshire
    • By FrugalinShropshire 15th Oct 16, 5:06 PM
    • 150 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    FrugalinShropshire
    Spinach and ricotta lasagne! The ricotta had been hiding in the back of the fridge and it was 4 weeks over the BB date, but the lid had not blown and it tasted fine so it has gone in with the spinach. I have made a big lasagne for 3 adults and a smaller one for the freezer.
    Proud to be mortgage free
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 15th Oct 16, 5:42 PM
    • 4,157 Posts
    • 42,113 Thanks
    Jazee
    Just me, so I'm having jacket potato with coleslaw.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! Jan £0

• flubberyzing
    • By flubberyzing 15th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 6,244 Thanks
    flubberyzing
    I was up with the larks as I had to be at the local theatre in town for 8:30 to sing in a concert starting at 11... Pleased with myself for resisting the urge to pop into Starbucks for a coffee on the walk from the carpark to the theatre!

When I got home I just had 2 fried eggs and chips. Yummy and simple!
    Because it's fun to have money!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter