Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • mummym
    • 21st Dec 11, 5:45 PM
    • 21st Dec 11, 5:45 PM
    i went in earlier and got my turkey 4.6kg 8 i thought it was just the normal price :-/
  • reeree123
    • 22nd Dec 11, 4:52 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 4:52 PM
    Not in my local coop... they're still 14 (medium) and 20 quid (large)...
    • sylvergrunge
    • By sylvergrunge 22nd Dec 11, 5:30 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 586 Thanks
    sylvergrunge
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:30 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:30 PM
    I picked a 5KG one up for a tenner today Hadn't seen this post but glad I grabbed the bargain anyway x
    Everyone loves a bargain
    • blackgothic
    • By blackgothic 22nd Dec 11, 5:31 PM
    • 919 Posts
    • 995 Thanks
    blackgothic
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:31 PM
    3.8KG frozen turkeys with giblets are 9.99 at aldi
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:31 PM
    3.8KG frozen turkeys with giblets are 9.99 at aldi
    • Raven
    • By Raven 22nd Dec 11, 5:49 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 15,917 Thanks
    Raven
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:49 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:49 PM
    Not in my local coop... they're still 14 (medium) and 20 quid (large)...
    Originally posted by reeree123

Its on their website that the reduction has kicked in, maybe your store is slow to update offers (which can sometimes work in your favour)

Plus there is a nice little coupon thats just been added on the coupon and discount forum.
    I'd like to teach the World to sing in perfect Harmony
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 22nd Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 34,958 Thanks
    wendyak
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:51 PM
    I got 8kg from C0-0p today for 12 really good deal and girl at till was impressed.
    • houseofpat
    • By houseofpat 22nd Dec 11, 5:59 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 1,115 Thanks
    houseofpat
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:59 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 5:59 PM
    Please go to the coupon thread for a 2 off 10 spend at the Coop which makes your turkey even cheaper.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=49566099&postcount=1298
    • JJ7
    • By JJ7 22nd Dec 11, 6:23 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    JJ7
    • 22nd Dec 11, 6:23 PM
    • 22nd Dec 11, 6:23 PM
    Thanks to AlanMC. Got a 4.8 kg turkey for 8.
    There weren'many left.
    • hogshead
    • By hogshead 22nd Dec 11, 7:12 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 11,057 Thanks
    hogshead
    Saw this yesterday & checked store. Have again just read the email & then rang store but turkeys are not reduced????
  • fly dragon fly
    hmmm shall pop back into work in a mo and scan one and check. x

• squigs
    • By squigs 22nd Dec 11, 7:18 PM
    • 3,200 Posts
    • 55,888 Thanks
    squigs
    If you can't get one of the co-op frozen turkeys try going to one of the major supermarkets on Christmas eve afternoon. It is nearly always possible to get a fresh turkey at half price or even less!
  • fly dragon fly
    just rang my local large co-op the frozen ones are half price the fresh ones aren't, hope that helps the co-op meat are usually happier meat than most supermarkets x

• hogshead
    • By hogshead 22nd Dec 11, 7:36 PM
    • 2,199 Posts
    • 11,057 Thanks
    hogshead
    Need to get it today so as to defrost & pimp it up Nigella stylee.
    Have printed the coupon so will nip out & see what I can find.
  • supers
    I have been in my co-op tonight and the turkeys frozen are cheaper than tesco etc 8 small 10 medium thats up to 6.5kg and large 12 in my store mainly sold out i wanted a medium and he said only about 6 small ones left and he wasnt having anymore which i thought was stupid to run out this early. :-( ill will check again tomorrow but will have to go to sainsburys if they dont have any, saved my divi vouchers for mine as well.
  • im-lost
    just rang my local large co-op the frozen ones are half price the fresh ones aren't, hope that helps the co-op meat are usually happier meat than most supermarkets x
    Originally posted by fly dragon fly
    Yes, because Christmas is such a joyful occasion for a turkey
  • loobylou232
    I have been in my co-op tonight and the turkeys frozen are cheaper than tesco etc 8 small 10 medium thats up to 6.5kg and large 12 in my store mainly sold out i wanted a medium and he said only about 6 small ones left and he wasnt having anymore which i thought was stupid to run out this early. :-( ill will check again tomorrow but will have to go to sainsburys if they dont have any, saved my divi vouchers for mine as well.
    Originally posted by supers
    Frozen turkeys need defrosting, and really, after tonight, there won't be enough time to defrost a turkey larger than about 3.5kg.
    • rebeccaj
    • By rebeccaj 22nd Dec 11, 8:11 PM
    • 1,268 Posts
    • 2,055 Thanks
    rebeccaj
    Frozen turkeys need defrosting, and really, after tonight, there won't be enough time to defrost a turkey larger than about 3.5kg.
    Originally posted by loobylou232
    and don't forget to put the sprouts on tonight too
    • zaksmum
    • By zaksmum 22nd Dec 11, 8:29 PM
    • 5,358 Posts
    • 7,289 Thanks
    zaksmum
    surely there's loads of time still to defrost a turkey! I hope so anyway...mine's still in the freezer and I won't take it out till tomorrow!
    • LadyCoupon
    • By LadyCoupon 22nd Dec 11, 9:03 PM
    • 665 Posts
    • 5,137 Thanks
    LadyCoupon
    A frozen turkey takes longer than 2 days to defrost and they do say you are supposed to defrost them in the fridge, they seem to take forever to defrost in the fridge.

You don't wanna end up doing a Royle Family on it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,427Posts Today

7,331Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning: From tomorrow (thur) if you watch BBC iplayer, even if only catch up, you need a TV licence. Full info.. https://t.co/OT9XiQvKGQ RT

• M'weekly email: free £25M&S, iPlayer warning, free seeds & KFC, overpay mortgage, Sky codes, 26 motoring tips, Apple https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Do you support renationalisation of rail, water, energy, etc. Pls VOTE which services you'd renationalise... https://t.co/aJrVNR5Bxa

• Follow Martin