Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    heathcote
    Aviva Medios Healthcare - are we being treated fairly?
    • 20th Dec 11, 4:04 PM
    Aviva Medios Healthcare - are we being treated fairly? 20th Dec 11 at 4:04 PM
    Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Health Insurance guide may help.

Back to the original post...

I have been informed by Aviva that the cost of my Aviva Medios Healthcare policy is to incease by 20% this year. I understand that Aviva have made a business decision to increase the cost so as to maintain the profitability of the product. Aviva do not sell this policy anymore and therefore there is a diminishing number of policyholders who are getting older and therefore claiming more often. Aviva sell a new product that they seem keen to move me to but it does not offer guarantees that the existing product offers, mainly no age related increases.
    It seems that Aviva want to run this as a separate business and not part of their overall healthcare business and therefore sharing the risk and cost across all of their customers.
    All this means is that costs will rise disproportionately for customers of Aviva Medios until the increases have reached to such a level that Medios customers cannot afford the premiums. Thereby having to cancel their policies or move to an inferior product.
    This cannot be fair. Watch out because if they treat one group of customers in this way they can do the same again with another group.
    The sad thing is that Aviva should be a brand that you should be able to trust long term which is what you need with such a product.
    Last edited by Former MSE Zorica; 06-02-2014 at 5:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Page 18
    • paulmayo
    • By paulmayo 1st Mar 17, 4:05 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    paulmayo
    Hi everyone

I'm happy to report another positive step forward, as I've now had a very positive conversation on the phone with Windywo, who feels as both Jum and I do, that there are various things that can be done to address the way Aviva has treated us. We have agreed to wait to see if we can also arrange direct contact with Colinmb and Supersonicol before moving forward. As things are starting to happen, if you want to be involved please contact me.
    Paul
    • WindyWo
    • By WindyWo 13th Mar 17, 7:30 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    WindyWo
    Hi Supersonical

Please see below and advise paulmayo. Thanks!

I have only just found this forum and am so relieved to find that I am not alone is my problems with my Medios policy. I signed up to it in 1997 with all the promises already mentioned. I have queried the price increases with Aviva and have been fobbed of with ' administrative costs' etc.
    I am very keen to support this . What should I do to register my angst??
    Thank you to everyone involved in this fight.
    Originally posted by Supersonicol
    §
    Judging by the recent posts, there appears to be 5 of us now who are still looking to take action -
    Windywo
    Colinmb
    supersonicol
    02jim
    paulmayo (myself)

I have spoken already with 02jim on the phone and we are both ready to start something but agreed to wait to see if others were willing to join with us. If the others listed here are willing to call me, I'm happy to act as a central contact point initially. If any of you are concerned about your phone number being visible when calling me, dial 141 before my full number and your number will not be shown to me. You can check that this is true by looking online or contacting BT. I hope to hear from you all.
    • 02Jim
    • By 02Jim 14th Mar 17, 8:17 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    02Jim
    Paul Mayo's mobile no. is on #333 if anybody is having difficulty finding?
    • JoelyG
    • By JoelyG 15th Mar 17, 2:43 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JoelyG
    Aviva HealthCare Premium Hikes
    I am astounded that a company such as Aviva, a regulated company, should be permitted to apply a price increases universally across policyholders without consideration for example as to the claim history for example of its policyholders. Its no claims policy is dis-enginuous.

I have just received a 19.2% increase to my annual premium on a private healthcare policy to which I have never claimed in 4 complete years of cover. As risk managers, how could this insurer believe I would renew?

Any suggestions how I might appeal or challenge this within Aviva, would be welcome. This price rise has been explained by "medical inflation" and "product rate review".

Many Thanks
    • mwng
    • By mwng 10th Jun 17, 11:46 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    mwng
    I am up for this. Please email me on markwngraham@gmail.com.
    • DonPedro
    • By DonPedro 17th Jul 17, 9:30 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DonPedro
    Legal Action
    I was a policyholder for 10yrs plus, but found the increases too much & have switched to another insurance company earlier this year (2017).
    I would be interested in joining the group with regard to getting a legal opinion.
    One question-would I be excluded since I'm no longer have insurance with Aviva?
    • 02Jim
    • By 02Jim 4th Aug 17, 1:45 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    02Jim
    I'm still game - how are we to take this forward? I'd like to know where the others have gone. Did they do a private deal?
    • alanjg1
    • By alanjg1 19th Nov 17, 11:58 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    alanjg1
    Aviva Medios
    I thought this had died out so please count me in for any future action.
    Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,971Posts Today

7,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin