Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking > Private parking ticket - Letter from Roxburghe (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Private parking ticket - Letter from Roxburghe
Closed Thread
Views: 1,820
# 1
ajb77
Old 15-12-2011, 11:15 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Private parking ticket - Letter from Roxburghe

Just had a letter from Roxburghe claiming I am responsible for an unpaid parking charge notice. I wasn't driving on the day in question (husband was) and I have a season ticket for the car park so I've already emailed the issuer (Meteor) to refuse to pay. I've looked back at the original parking ticket and it doesn't actually mention being a "parking charge notice" although it does have a couple of references to PCN several times, so could be interpreted as a Penalty Charge Notice. Do you think I should mention this in my response to Roxburghe, or keep it in hand in case they try to follow this up?

I've already got evidence that the car park T&C's refer to Penalty Charge Notices, the charges are excessive and I have a season ticket for the car park, so lots of breaches of the BPA code of practice.
# 2
Trebor16
Old 15-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

The best way to deal with it is to ignore them. Don't enter into correspondance unless you want to tell Roxburghe that you dispute the debt and tell them to pass it back to their client. They will be legallyh obliged to stop contacting you at that point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trebor16 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
ajb77
Old 15-12-2011, 11:27 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks - I want to send a response to tell them to give up, so I will add in your suggestion.
# 4
Coupon-mad
Old 15-12-2011, 5:29 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb77 View Post
Thanks - I want to send a response to tell them to give up, so I will add in your suggestion.

TBH it is pointless writing to them but if you really have to, just make it two or three lines complaining abiout HARASSMENT and include Trebor16's wording, and ending that you will report them to the OFT if they continue to contact you in any form and in any guise (including when pretending to be 'Graham White Solicitors').

Do NOT word your letter like an appeal or anything. Do not refer to the parking situation, the fake PCN nor who was driving, or anything other than saying that you are the registered keeper of xxxx car and have received their latest letter.

And you need to know...you are wasting your time & stamp. They won't give up, you will go through the rigmarole of having to file all their letters because they can't think what else to do once the computer is rolling out those template threatograms. See the top thread for your preview of the next letters.
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012/13!

CLICK on '>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking>' end of the small blue 'Home>Forums>' link, top of the page, to see current threads.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless it was in Scotland or NI.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coupon-mad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
ajb77
Old 21-12-2011, 12:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

So I sent my letter saying this was under dispute and telling them to refer it back to their client, and they received this on day 14 of their arbitrary 14 day deadline. I received the next letter yesterday, which was sent before the end of the 14 day period. We also had a missed call from them at the weekend, not sure how they got our home number as we're not in the phone directory. I'm not going to reply, but they are obviously going down the harassment route, which I hope they'll enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to ajb77 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Trebor16
Old 21-12-2011, 1:35 PM

If they call you again just say "Hang on a minute" and then put the phone down, walk away and go off and do something, such as hoovering or make a cup of tea of washing the car. You get the picture
The Following User Says Thank You to Trebor16 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
igor_parking
Old 21-12-2011, 1:58 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb77 View Post
We also had a missed call from them at the weekend, not sure how they got our home number as we're not in the phone directory.
Our government in the shape of DVLA generously pass on all details including your full name and any phone numbers they hold for you.

Your post made me register and move from reader to poster...
I am most grateful to all the posters on MSE who gave me the confidence to ignore Meteor, Roxburghe and Graham White - listen well, the advice on this forum is sound and it works!

Also, if they have your mobile number, expect (rude) calls from Roxburghe and also a barrage of a couple of dozen text messages over coming months (I've recorded 10 different mobile numbers they use).

Good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to igor_parking For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
sherb1e
Old 21-12-2011, 2:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi I have listed about 18 numbers previously, it has ceased for a couple of months now, there is no way I'm coughing up my hard earned dosh for these lowlife bottom feeders. Stay resolute, ignore and I wish all on this forum a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in the knowledge that they will not mar the festivities by making us worry.
LBM DEC2009
DMP 18,608
DMP no is: 379
DFD March 2018.

Small victories mean a great deal!
The Following User Says Thank You to sherb1e For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Widnes86
Old 30-12-2011, 1:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,
I have received my first letter from these clowns stating that I owe 195 for a parking charge. I was parked incorrectly apparently as I was a little wonky, due to the car next to me not being straight. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their advice and posts, as I now know what to expect from Roxburghe/Graham White. I feel like going to the carpark and looking out for people with tickets and showing them this forum

I am annoyed that the DVLA pass on information to any cowboy company!

Is it just house numbers they can access or have people received calls on mobiles? How long does it usually take before they get the message and give up

Thank you again
The Following User Says Thank You to Widnes86 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
bondy lad
Old 30-12-2011, 2:11 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

the longer you ignore the quicker they will give up,and move on to harass some other poor unsuspecting motorist,, contact and they will remain much longer,, i think they get your number from dvla if you have renewed your road tax on line and given your numberwhen doing this? whether it be land line or mob,, if they do ring follow all advice given,, i have tons of loo paper from them and gw,,guess what if the letters are dated anwhere from jan 1st to dec 31st IGNORE.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bondy lad For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
vax2002
Old 30-12-2011, 2:15 PM

All you will ever get by arguing with them is MORE HARASSMENT
They make all the rules, they decide who wins, because it is their SCAM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vax2002 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Kite2010
Old 30-12-2011, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy lad View Post
the longer you ignore the quicker they will give up,and move on to harass some other poor unsuspecting motorist,, contact and they will remain much longer,, i think they get your number from dvla if you have renewed your road tax on line and given your numberwhen doing this? whether it be land line or mob,, if they do ring follow all advice given,, i have tons of loo paper from them and gw,,guess what if the letters are dated anwhere from jan 1st to dec 31st IGNORE.
The DVLA don't give out telephone numbers, the debt collectors get your telephone number from elsewhere, normally a service like 192.com.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kite2010 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread